Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I didn't watch the game but checked the scoring plays.

In the first a Yoon turnover and Garand beaten on a snap shot from outside the hash. Probably screened by Blake Hillman.

In the second Othmann makes a good play to beat a defenseman to a puck in the Offensive zone and Henriksson walks in and scores.

In OT Edstrom loses his man who walks and beats in Garand. Can't explain what Edstrom was thinking.

Healthy scratches: Berzola, Pekar, Jenkins

Injured:

Domingue D to D but not in Charlotte
Nask D to D in Charlotte
Mackay W to W UB
Harpur

Hartford in third in Division, 1 point ahead of Wilkes Barre with two games in hand, 3 points ahead of Charlotte with two games in hand and ten ahead of Springfield with two games in hand.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I didn't watch the game but checked the scoring plays.

In the first a Yoon turnover and Garand beaten on a snap shot from outside the hash. Probably screened by Blake Hillman.

In the second Othmann makes a good play to beat a defenseman to a puck in the Offensive zone and Henriksson walks in and scores.

In OT Edstrom loses his man who walks and beats in Garand. Can't explain what Edstrom was thinking.

Healthy scratches: Berzola, Pekar, Jenkins

Injured:

Domingue D to D but not in Charlotte
Nask D to D in Charlotte
Mackay W to W UB
Harpur

Hartford in third in Division, 1 point ahead of Wilkes Barre with two games in hand, 3 points ahead of Charlotte with two games in hand and ten ahead of Springfield with two games in hand.
We have 5 more games with Charlotte and they've given us trouble since they came into the league. Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow in regulation, gain a little separation.

Reactions: egelband

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
3-0 Charlotte over the Pack.
Game down in N.C.
Garand in net. Nash back in the lineup.
Mac Hollowell with a brutal soft pickup of a Checker’s forward who jammed in a rebound for Charlotte’s second goal.
First goal was scored on a PP.

• Wow
Reactions: egelband and bl02

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
3-0 Charlotte over the Pack.
Game down in N.C.
Garand in net. Nash back in the lineup.
Mac Hollowell with a brutal soft pickup of a Checker’s forward who jammed in a rebound for Charlotte’s second goal.
First goal was scored on a PP.
We just can't beat this team. I don't know what it is.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Wow really look soft without Rempein the line up.. disappointing that cuylie can’t add more grit..

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
The first weekend of the college hockey conference playoffs has finished and with some teams having their seasons end players are starting to be signed. Nothing yet for Hartford but Cincinnati has signed three players, two from independent LIU and one from Atlantic Hockey Association's Mercyhurst:

Keenan Stewart, Mercyhurst: 23 years old, 6' 3" 190 lbs forward from Guelph, 31 games , 10-5-15

Noah Kane, LIU: 24 year old, 6' 190 lbs center from Buffalo. 33 games, 8-22-30 48 Pms

Remy Parker, LIU: 25 year old 6' 3" 183 lbs forward from Montclair New Jersey. 36 games, 13-5-18.

Several more teams will be eliminated this weekend so we should see more signings early next week.

Of the teams of Rangers draft picks playing NCAA hockey, BC and Minnesota will make the NCAA playoffs and Colorado and Omaha could make it even if they don't win their conference championships. Providence and Cornell will need a lot luck to get in they don't win their conference championships and Merrimack would need to win its conference championship to get in and it could be eliminated this weekend. Selection Sunday is one week from this upcoming Sunday.

For teams that get in the regional tournaments are March 28-31 and the frozen four is April 11 and 13.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The first weekend of the college hockey conference playoffs has finished and with some teams having their seasons end players are starting to be signed.
Of the teams of Rangers draft picks playing NCAA hockey, BC and Minnesota will make the NCAA playoffs and Colorado and Omaha could make it even if they don't win their conference championships. Providence and Cornell will need a lot luck to get in they don't win their conference championships and Merrimack would need to win its conference championship to get in
signings have begun
Merrimack played Wednesday in Hockey East early round, and lost
Ollas signs w NYR, reporting to 'Pack, likely on ATO

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nash returned to lineup on Wednesday
Pack getting healthy after long stretch of injuries crippling Forward depth
(D's Mackey, Harpur still out)

Edstrom recalled today to NYR for weekend back-to-back
(NYR had no spare F w Rempe suspended)

now Jenkins assigned to ECHL Worcester (where he'd played most of season til signings w Pack)

current F depth
6 NYR signed vets | Nash, Pitlick, Petan, Blidh, Belzille, Leschyshyn
6 NYR signed prospects | Berard, Othmann, Sykora, Korczak, Henriksson, Trivigno
Pekar on AHL contract
another experienced player or 2 may be added this afternoon in advance of AHL deadline

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pack lose again. Terrible third. Didn't even notice Othmann. Seriously over the last 15 games or so has he scored a big ES goal?

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
With Edstrom called up Blade Jenkins was recalled to Hartford but he and Trivigno were healthy forward scratches.

I watched most of the first period and checked on the scoring plays. I don't think Lindbom had a chance on any of the three goals he gave up. Robertson and Berzola with some poor coverage. On Berard's PP goal Othmann faked a shot from his spot which opened up a lane to Belzille in the slot and Berard in front tips the shot in.

I think Hartford has had 18-20 shots on goal in each of the last 3 games.

Reactions: egelband

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Berard will beat out Othmann for a roster spot next camp
Quite frankly, Berard hasn't had to make that many changes to his 5v5 style to adapt to the pro game. His skating is strong and he has surprisingly good stickhandling skills. He's not really getting knocked around either despite his size.

Othmann has had some 5v5 issues for a while now. I don't know who remembers this but in the last WJC that Othmann and Cuylle were in together, Cuylle was put in the top LW spot over Othmann quite often and it wasn't because Cuylle is more skilled or creative. He is not. Cuylle just played a much more reliable 200 ft game. Othmann is in the weird phase where he needs to figure out where he needs to be without the puck to be an effective 200ft player and he needs to figure out how to get to those spots quicker. It kinda reminds me of Laf and Kakko when they first made the jump. Laf especially just always seemed to think someone else was going to do the work and then the puck would find him in open space. And then when he tried to be more involved in the lunchpail aspects of being a pro winger, he was slow to his spots and wasnt particularly effective for long stretches. It was a slow, painful development process. I think Othmann is going through a similar phase. As much as he has a great shot and he's pretty slick with his on-ice vision given time and space -- he is in the early stages of transforming his game. And I don't think it's a one year in HFD situation. I think it's going to take longer. Hopefully he has the right mentality to stick to it in HFD for as long as it takes.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I was able to watch the entire game.

Although the Pack lost 4-0 the game was much closer.

The Pack gave up an early PP goal but the score stayed 1-0 until the last minute of the second period. Othmann hustled his ass off to back check a Bears player on his shot but didn't hold the check and the player got a rebound and scored.

The Pack generated several chances in the second and third period but couldn't put the puck in the net. On one shot the Pack hit the post and the puck went along the goal line to hit the other post and came out. Leschyschen with a clean breakaway is stopped.

I think about half way in the third period Garand went behind the net to stop the puck but the puck rolled on him right to a Bears player who put the puck in the empty net. The last goal was later in the period when Nash was unable to corral a pass to him in front of the net giving the Bears player a shot on Garand from ten feet out that he got a piece of but the puck but not enough to fully stop it.

The team got to Hershey at 2:00 AM this morning. Not a bad effort but not enough talent on the team to beat the best team in the league.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Not blaming Smith for losing streak but still wish that, after coach KK's big break, they'd eventually hired an experienced head coach to lead for this promising season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad