Post-Game Talk: Happy Hains Day! Jets win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm on ignore but truth be told it's quite a common meme with Ladd and even outside of HFBoards (see TSN, WFP, WS, etc.) and even here when he signed his contract.

My first experience was during the 3rd preseason game last year against the Preds, some dude a few rows back was making it well known to anyone who would listen that "rabblerabblerabble Andrew Ladd is a 3rd liner, rabblerabblerabble".

I really wanted to ask him how many 3rd liners scored as many goals as Ladd did with Atlanta the previous year, but I figured the answer would be along the lines of "uh yeah, it's because he gets first line minutes bro!" :sarcasm:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
My first experience was during the 3rd preseason game last year against the Preds, some dude a few rows back was making it well known to anyone who would listen that "rabblerabblerabble Andrew Ladd is a 3rd liner, rabblerabblerabble".

I really wanted to ask him how many 3rd liners scored as many goals as Ladd did with Atlanta the previous year, but I figured the answer would be along the lines of "uh yeah, it's because he gets first line minutes bro!" :sarcasm:

And that's when you call your buddy Garret and say:
yo, what was Ladd's G/60

:yo:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I see your point. My brain isn't exactly functioning the way it should with the cold I have. Ladd definitely isn't the type to carry a line on a cup winner. Sedins before the league figured them out could make anyone look good. Hell Taylor Pyatt (as dreamy as his eyes are) had his career bests playing with them. Ladd would be great in the bottom 2 lines of Team Canada. He's a better suggestion then whomever in the media suggested Kevin Bieksa :help:

And I still cheer loud when Ladd scores. Have no idea why I really went on a rant about him.

That is a good post

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
All I could do without it being a 10GB gif. :laugh:

ibobUJBwhW1IyU.gif

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
No way Ladd sustains this streak over this whole season. Not taking anything away from him, but the puck luck has been there a bit lately. He's as good as I've ever seen him in his career I think. Really good on him stepping up.

Ladd's point getting will probably slow down but he doesn't have the type of playstyle that lends itself to "streaks".

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Ladd's point getting will probably slow down but he doesn't have the type of playstyle that lends itself to "streaks".

Depends how you define a streak I suppose. He has far more multi game droughts than Kane last year.

What about a play style lends itself to more streaks?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Well done Hammer :handclap::handclap: now I have to figure out how to copy and drop that over on the main board thread on this iPad? ahhhhhh the challenges of being challenged :help::laugh:

Edit: never mind I got it figured out

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Just took a light skim through, definitely satisfying. What ever happened to sportsmanship?

When you are that bitter and jaded about your own sports team's fortunes, you latch on to anything negative about the other team and blow it up. We do the same thing when the Bombers lose, only we're self deprecating about it. They sound pretty serious in that thread. Either way, opposing team fanbase meltdown is funny to see.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Why be bitter though? Because of one bad stretch? I mean they made it to the cup finals last year. Had a great run. Still several games above .500 this year. 6 division championships in the last 10 years. 3 Stanley Cup wins in the last 20 years. I mean that's not a super-dynasty but that's well above the curve, and pretty rewarding if you've been a fan for the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad