Post-Game Talk: Happy Hains Day! Jets win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
The crowd was definitely lively. Not like the beginning of last year, but they were alive.

The best part was during that stupid subway monkey playing hockey trivia. The question was what was the goalie holding? It was a vacuum cleaner apparently. But there's no way you could see it because the resolution on the screen is low. So of course she didn't get it, and we booed hard because it was BS. Wheeler got upset because he thought we were booing her.

We should've started a BS chant.

I forgot about that... those Subway contests are so friggin lame. Just give someone one of your cruddy 6" subs and be done with it.

Everyone was booing the contest not the contestant. I can't believe even Wheeler is that daft to not recognize that moment.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
were we if you count OTL games as a loss?

EDIT: I checked and we were never over... we were tied after our win against TOR Dec 31 but that's it

2nd EDIT: Jets 2.0 has only been over 0.500 in the true sense once: after our win in NYI

Thanks garret

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That will pretty much always be the case.

The big question going forward is, which Pav do we get? Can he sustain something like a .914 - .925 save percentage from here on out?

If he can, the Jets will be a playoff team. If he levels off at .906 agian... then we know what we have and what we have isn't good enough.

Yea Pavs was about .930 last december so if we could even get that 4 week stretch where he is up at the .925 mark it would be interesting to see where we would be sitting.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I forgot about that... those Subway contests are so friggin lame. Just give someone one of your cruddy 6" subs and be done with it.

Everyone was booing the contest not the contestant. I can't believe even Wheeler is that daft to not recognize that moment.

4th star of the game was the person in our section that yelled

**** YOU WHEELER!

Every time he did a promotion in our section (325)

Poor wheeler, everyone was laughing

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yea Pavs was about .930 last december so if we could even get that 4 week stretch where he is up at the .925 mark it would be interesting to see where we would be sitting.

.925 would propel him into the top 10 among starters.

.914ish or where he was two years ago would be awesome though.

That is average for a starter and would probably put this team in the playoffs.

Time for Pav to start hitting his potential.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Really?

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
anyone else notice in the 2nd or 3rd period when pavs took a shot off the shoulder? looked like he was favoring it a bit.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I noticed the shot at the game... and I saw it highlighted on ThatsHockey2Night or whatever that show is called. I assume it's no big deal.

off topic: put 100 vCash on the Blue Jackets. huge payout if a miracle happens

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Didn't do post game interview

I was sad

"I have good game"

"I just stop puck"

"Russian, I am"

czech your georgaphy :sarcasm:

Edit: being a smart ass doesn't work as well when you make very bad spelling mistakes :(

Edit2: the first edit was self reflection, not directed at you.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

100% agree

it was the single biggest factor coming into the season and still is. He has looked very solid over this stretch BUT we are not a good enough team "yet" for him to be below average if we want to make the playoffs.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

I'm still siting on all that raw data I calculated showing how last season would have changed if nothing was different except Pavelec turned into a goalie robot that only let in __% of shots and was consistent for every game (so some better and some worse than last season).

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Does anyone have the youtube clip of Buff's rush last night?

I have the full game recap but it is 2:30 and I was hoping to add just Buff's coast to coast rush over on his trade with the flyers thread (on the main board).

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Does anyone have the youtube clip of Buff's rush last night?

I have the full gaem (2:30) replay but was hoping to add just Buff's coast to coast rush over on his trade with the flyers thread (on the main board).

if someone puts it up let me know. i want to turn it into a gif and replace buff with a big turd and post it on the devils board.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I have access to the game but not access to record at my work computer :(

Someone should just download a screen recorder program and then just record the part in the game review/replay

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Jets practiced with tennis balls today, to work on shot blocking. :laugh:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Aaaaaaand let me guess.... Anti Mittens stepped on one, slid into the boards and will be out for 4-6 more weeks? :sarcasm:

:sarcasm:

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait
Antti Miettinen steps on tennis ball with skate, slid into boards. Reportedly out 4-6 weeks. #NHLJets. #bn

Edit: This is indeed a joke, everyone. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad