Rumor: Hanifin to sign with the flames 8 x 7.5

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Bruins arent trading any of that for Lindholm. You're drunk. He's got 8 goals. They wont even pursue him as a ufa.

Reactions: Batch

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They won't trade Poitras despite him probably overachieving in the first half of the season.

Imo they would have to part with Lohrei. So something like Lohrei + 2025 1st + Harrison + Geekie for cap

I think Lorhei in a Hanifin deal makes way more sense than in a Lindholm deal. I mean it’s certainly a fair ask, but the Bruins only have Hampus Lindholm as a vet LD signed beyond next season and nothing coming from the AHL. Lorhei is just one of those prospects that is coming in an area of big need it’s hard to give up on.

Edit: not only do the bruins really only have three good prospects (those 2 plus Lysell), but Poitras and Lorhei are in positions of extreme need so it’s really hard to give them up. So every offer from Boston is 2025 1st + Lysell. I really really think the Bruins are way more likely to go budget shopping this year.

Reactions: enthuuusiast

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins aren’t trading Lohrei his floor is good player - besides sounds like Hanifin wants to stay in Calgary

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is this rumoured deal for Hannifin to stay in Cslgary a thing? It’s been a while and still nothing.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
They won't trade Poitras despite him probably overachieving in the first half of the season.

Imo they would have to part with Lohrei. So something like Lohrei + 2025 1st + Harrison + Geekie for cap
Lohrei isn’t any good. Worst metrics on Boston. He’s a young guy, but not a good one.

would be a disappointment if that’s the base of a Lindholm deal. I’d want someone with much higher upside If I’m the Flames.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I think Lorhei in a Hanifin deal makes way more sense than in a Lindholm deal. I mean it’s certainly a fair ask, but the Bruins only have Hampus Lindholm as a vet LD signed beyond next season and nothing coming from the AHL. Lorhei is just one of those prospects that is coming in an area of big need it’s hard to give up on.
Huh? Carlo is signed thru 2027. McAvoy is signed thru 2030. All the Bruins need from Mason is to develop into D4 to go with Carlo. Would be very cheap and allow them to use all of their money on forwards.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Huh? Carlo is signed thru 2027. McAvoy is signed thru 2030. All the Bruins need from Mason is to develop into D4 to go with Carlo. Would be very cheap and allow them to use all of their money on forwards.

Those are RD.

At LD they are losing Forbort and Gryz and only have Lindholm. If they move out Lorhei they have a lot more holes to fill at LD. I don't think we are saying different things.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Those are RD.

At LD they are losing Forbort and Gryz and only have Lindholm. If they move out Lorhei they have a lot more holes to fill at LD. I don't think we are saying different things.
We can’t afford Hanafin. 5&6 need to be cheap vets or kids. I’m ok seeing what Mason develops into. Pick up a defenseman at 2025 deadline if he doesn’t develop.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We can’t afford Hanafin. 5&6 need to be cheap vets or kids. I’m ok seeing what Mason develops into. Pick up a defenseman at 2025 deadline if he doesn’t develop.
He's not a 5 or 6. He's a 2 on most teams. He's a 1 on 5 or 6 and a 3 on 5 or 6.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
He's not a 5 or 6. He's a 2 on most teams. He's a 1 on 5 or 6 and a 3 on 5 or 6.
Who said he’s a 5 or6? We can’t afford him. You can’t spend all your money on D.
McAvoy 9.5
Hampus 6.5
Carlo 4.1
Lohrei may be able to slide into that 2nd pair next year.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Who said he’s a 5 or6? We can’t afford him. You can’t spend all your money on D.
McAvoy 9.5
Hampus 6.5
Carlo 4.1
Lohrei may be able to slide into that 2nd pair next year.

Gryz at 3.7 + Forbort at 3 vs Hanifin at 7.5 + million dollar vet. With the cap going up, that isn't drastically over allocating at all. Anyway, don't think its happening anyway!

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
why is boston buying high on hanifin and lindholm? dont see the point. sign players this summer. no guarantees either forbort or griz dont sign this summer and stay. i personally dont see why we should overpay for anyone we simply dont have the assets to deal and cant afford to move our young roster players. keep poitras and lohrie they havent even begun to shave for crying out loud. hannifin and lindholm are not coming to boston unless its this summer as ufa, unless somehow Sweeney does a sign and trade but just dont see us being able to pull that off without sending off our only young core players.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
How are they going to rebuild with Kadri and Huberdeau
Kadri, with his current play, can be moved. Huberdeau alone won't prevent a rebuild.

To be fair, the flames are in a bit of an awkward place to rebuild. They are missing the star forwards, but have some of the best depth in the league. They even have more depth waiting on the farm, but don't have the free roster spots. The flames likely finish with 8 forwards with 40+ points.

If you do total rebuild, in fiveish years that depth is gone and you risk ending up as the Oilers wasting you star players prime, with no good depth around them.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He’s a Boston guy through and through. He’ll likely end up in the Northeast somewhere just to be close, but I bet Boston wouldn’t have to outbid everyone to get him. Hanifin I mean, not Lindholm.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lohrei isn’t any good. Worst metrics on Boston. He’s a young guy, but not a good one.

would be a disappointment if that’s the base of a Lindholm deal. I’d want someone with much higher upside If I’m the Flames.

Dude your on crack when it comes to Lohrei

No way Boston should deal him for a rental

His upside is immense

Reactions: wintersej

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Dude your on crack when it comes to Lohrei

No way Boston should deal him for a rental

His upside is immense
Maybe. He’s obviously young and has potential to grow.

Current Lohrei should still be in the AHL. He is not good in the NHL. His metrics, across the board, suck.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe. He’s obviously young and has potential to grow.

Current Lohrei should still be in the AHL. He is not good in the NHL. His metrics suck.
Get out of the basement and watch some hockey

Reactions: stl76

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Seems dumb by Hanifin's agent but I guess he knows the market.

With the cap going up I would have had no issue with the Sharks giving Hanifin ~9M on a 7-year deal as a UFA which would be more total dollars than this contract.
Reason #1,574,466 you’re not a GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad