Proposal: Hanifin to Boston

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I was screaming it at the time. Anyone who watched him and didn't see it I question their ability to identify talent. He was the biggest surprise I've seen fall from the WHL (The only junior league I watch a lot) since Brayden Point.

Such a silly post. You get we are rebuilding right? Were you guys better off keeping Timo Meier, Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson? Everyone who has watched Couture can tell he's cooked. Kadri is on pace for 30 and 65 while actually playing in his own end.
You’re gonna love this. Guess how many points Kadri had in his first 8 games?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Stars have said that they are looking for a high end upgrade on D and I think they might see Stankoven expendable since they also have Borque. Esp since they have a chance to re-sign Hanifin.
I'd love it if you were right. I think they'd move Bischell and a 1st. Maybe add a C prospect or mid round pick on that. I just doubt they move Stankoven. Maybe Bourque, he's more complimentary and doesn't drive the line like Stankoven.

You’re gonna love this. Guess how many points Kadri had in his first 8 games?
I don't have to guess. I know what it was. Fact is you are selling a player everyone knows is cooked. Kadri is rolling. Especially when you consider his first 8 games. Couture is completely cooked. At least with Hertl he just doesn't try.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's not. Go look at the draft thread on our forum. I said it at least 3 times when he hadn't been taken yet and our pick was coming up. I had him in the top 15 and even that was only because he was so small.
Good I'm happy for you.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'd love it if you were right. I think they'd move Bischell and a 1st. Maybe add a C prospect or mid round pick on that. I just doubt they move Stankoven. Maybe Bourque, he's more complimentary and doesn't drive the line like Stankoven.

I don't have to guess. I know what it was. Fact is you are selling a player everyone knows is cooked. Kadri is rolling. Especially when you consider his first 8 games. Couture is completely cooked. At least with Hertl he just doesn't try.
lol. Well at least I don’t have to wonder if you’re actually watching games or not.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
lol. Well at least I don’t have to wonder if you’re actually watching games or not.
Everyone can see it. His own GM can see it and has commented on it. (On Couture) "He's all in, he gives us everything he has left." Meaning he's not the player he used to be, but tries hard.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yeah, I know that a hunk of the Bruins fan base would think so, but I also think Bruins fans are way too gung ho on assuming people are getting to UFA. I was most curious about Flames fans thoughts but its pages of talking about if the Bruins are done or not and somehow Kadri vs Hertl talk, lol.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Couture is a captain
Kadri is a crud
By that logic Kyle Okposo is somehow better than Matthews? Kadri is just flat a vastly superior player at this point. How is this even a conversation? Couture barely averages a shot per game and gets caved in the possession game.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
By that logic Kyle Okposo is somehow better than Matthews? Kadri is just flat a vastly superior player at this point. How is this even a conversation? Couture barely averages a shot per game and gets caved in the possession game.
No need to get all stupid like
I'm sure locker room chemistry plays no part in the thought process as to whom to add to a locker room when trying to go far into the playoffs

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I don’t think this is a good fit just based on the salary cap and actual needs. Boston IMO needs to upgrade at the center position if not this season then next. Adding another LHD who is a UFA next season while trading away a young cost controlled LHD does nothing but eat into the money they need to spend upgrading their forward position next year.

Like the player but hate the cost and how I just don’t like what it does to our cap structure going forward.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No need to get all stupid like
I'm sure locker room chemistry plays no part in the thought process as to whom to add to a locker room when trying to go far into the playoffs
You're the one suggesting being a captain has relevance. I'm the ones suggesting it doesn't. We moved a captain who was a vastly superior player to Couture even at his peak. Iginla brought nothing back.

Kadri has a cup. He seemed to be a pretty good piece on that championship team 2 years ago.

Couture was a really good player 5 years ago. He's cooked now. It's an unfortunate truth.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
You're the one suggesting being a captain has relevance. I'm the ones suggesting it doesn't. We moved a captain who was a vastly superior player to Couture even at his peak. Iginla brought nothing back.

Kadri has a cup. He seemed to be a pretty good piece on that championship team 2 years ago.

Couture was a really good player 5 years ago. He's cooked now. It's an unfortunate truth.
I bet you’re one of those who was insistent that Edmonton was gonna be a last place team when they started out slowly.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Yes I am. I'm also not the one taking it to ridiculous levels.
As far as being cooked, you're just talking out your ass
Kadri is a POS

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I bet you’re one of those who was insistent that Edmonton was gonna be a last place team when they started out slowly.
Nope, but I was enjoying it. So you figure the dude with 7 shots in 6 games and one assist and one high danger scoring chance and brutally negative possession numbers is awesome eh?

Yes I am. I'm also not the one taking it to ridiculous levels.
As far as being cooked, you're just talking out your ass
Kadri is a POS
So you think he's played well? Couture is cooked. It's almost comical how anyone could think he isn't. It would be like me last year trying to sell Lucic as a 30 goal power forward.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Nope, but I was enjoying it. So you figure the dude with 7 shots in 6 games and one assist and one high danger scoring chance and brutally negative possession numbers is awesome eh?

So you think he's played well? Couture is cooked. It's almost comical how anyone could think he isn't. It would be like me last year trying to sell Lucic as a 30 goal power forward.
You're doing a good job of selling yourself as something alright.
Couture is coming back from surgery. We'll have to wait and see how he fairs. To say he's be cooked for the last 5 years is either trolling on your part or utter ignorance

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You're doing a good job of selling yourself as something alright.
Couture is coming back from surgery. We'll have to wait and see how he fairs. To say he's be cooked for the last 5 years is either trolling on your part or utter ignorance
It's saying he's not even playing like a 13th forward. He's cooked. He hasn't been a positive possession player since 2018/19. This season its absurdly bad. He'd struggle in the AHL with how he's played so far. He's not good anymore. He'll get better than he is right now, but right now he's not anywhere close to an NHLer. He's done man. Have you watched him skate this season? He skates like Matthew Tkachuk now.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
It's saying he's not even playing like a 13th forward. He's cooked. He hasn't been a positive possession player since 2018/19. This season its absurdly bad. He'd struggle in the AHL with how he's played so far. He's not good anymore. He'll get better than he is right now, but right now he's not anywhere close to an NHLer. He's done man. Have you watched him skate this season? He skates like Matthew Tkachuk now.
Too funny. No need to go from zero to jerky boy so quickly
This place could really use an angry poopie face emoji.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins are not trading a 1st and the top prospect for Hanifin. Not worthwhile for the Bruins either.

Bruins will add size and depth at the deadline, nothing more.
Hanifin would make the Bruins better but giving up Lohrei is a deal killer - he’s going to be a star, and Boston can just wait till summer if he’s available and wants to play in his hometown for a good team/organization

Lindholm - McAvoy
Hanifin - Carlo
Lohrei- Regula

Probably their best D since
Orr- Dallas Smith
Awrey- Green
Doak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad