Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm III - the Return/Revenge of the Swede?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This is the Reider situation all over again. Stupid move by BOTH sides to let that amount keep him out of uniform. Ridiculous.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Seems to me neither side got serious until very late in the summer. Now they are close and at a stalemate that should have been resolved during the summer.

I'm tired of this ****. HL can sit out the season, and Bob can get fired. **** 'em both.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Seems to me neither side got serious until very late in the summer. Now they are close and at a stalemate that should have been resolved during the summer.

I'm tired of this ****. HL can sit out the season, and Bob can get fired. **** 'em both.

I'm with you. I got to this point around opening night.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

Same here. This is pathetic. Definitely no Lindholm jersey in my future.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
$250,000 over six years is 1.5 million. Doesn't Hampus potentially lose that much by about Thanksgiving anyway, if he is still without a contract? Does anyone know an exact date where he starts losing money?

also:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Right there with you. I'm over it, sign him, trade him, don't ****ing care anymore.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm also at the point where I would refuse to give up a young D to dump Stoner. We will need those D going forward while HL plays in Europe this year, and who knows where next year.

See ya Hampus. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
$250,000 over six years is 1.5 million. Doesn't Hampus potentially lose that much by about Thanksgiving anyway, if he is still without a contract? Does anyone know an exact date where he starts losing money?

also:

The season is 180 days long, starting in Oct 12.

Assuming a 5.5 million salary, he would have lost 1.5 million on 11-29.

As of today (and assuming no signing bonus shenanigans) he's lost 458k of a 5.5 million salary.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Bob McKenzie on NBCSN just said it wouldn't surprise him if a deal is done in the next 24-48 hours. But he also tempered that expectation by saying things could blow up still. Don't have a link but its the intermission show for the Bruins game right now

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Bob McKenzie on NBCSN just said it wouldn't surprise him if a deal is done in the next 24-48 hours. But he also tempered that expectation by saying things could blow up still. Don't have a link but its the intermission show for the Bruins game right now

Not to get top optimistic, but when those guys say things like that, especially with the 24-48 time frame, it tends to be much quicker than that. He's being cautious but I'm excited, wouldn't doubt if it's official by tomorrow morning.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015

Please be right Blob

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
We've heard that before haven't we?

It's been a long time since we last heard it. Since people were saying that they were weeks apart a few days ago, I have to think that something must have changed, as Mighty Duck Man speculated.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

Just to update with a source so you all don't think i'm nuts:

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I think BM has a horrendous offseason.

But this signing without a debilitating trade would be a bandaid.

Honestly, i have no idea what crap he has worked on, fell through.... but its obvious that foresight is not our GM's strength

Oct 18, 2011
Bob is the authority, if he is saying these things, I take what he has to say more seriously than what someone like Dreger says, though there is the Nonis connection with him so who really knows.

This just needs to be over with even when he signs it's going to take 2 weeks before he can play since he has to apply for a visa, the ducks cannot afford to not have him much longer

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Bob is the authority, if he is saying these things, I take what he has to say more seriously than what someone like Dreger says, though there is the Nonis connection with him so who really knows.

This just needs to be over with even when he signs it's going to take 2 weeks before he can play since he has to apply for a visa, the ducks cannot afford to not have him much longer
Say they sign him today. It takes 2 weeks to get a visa and get over here and in shape to play.

When does he start getting paid? Now? In 2 weeks?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Say they sign him today. It takes 2 weeks to get a visa and get over here and in shape to play.

When does he start getting paid? Now? In 2 weeks?

I would say 2 weeks, since he isn't available to play, and he didn't bother getting a tourist visa to be here until he got a work visa. The delay is on him, and his agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad