Confirmed with Link: Hamonic to Ottawa

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He was good last night. More concerned with Holden to be honest.
Yup
Even more concerned with the stars on this team
They can and must dominate
Our top 6 is so good on paper
I know they missed so many chances but youre paid to score at the end of the day
Also Forsberg at .941 was more then solid
Cant ask for more from him
Need a win vs TO now

Reactions: SensFactor

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I like how he can fire the puck on net with some velocity. Strangely it looks like only Zub and Hamonic will ever fire the puck. Hamonic and Zub are also our most physical defenders. Both guys look a lot more like classic defencemen who can play d in all three zones, can shoot the puck, make a pass, and throw a body check.

Sanderson looked awesome jumping into the play. And Bran looks to be able to rush the puck as well. Our D needs to round into form and learn to play with their partners. It will come, we have a pretty solid group right now.

Honestly I have to agree that Holden looked slow mentally. I think his spot is the one we need to upgrade on to play with Branstrom. Chabot also needs to tighten up his game.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure where I lied. Believe you me, I'm closer to reality than you usually are.

You live in your own reality dude, as do we all, It’s not one that’s shared by everyone else in Sens land, and that’s ok.

Hey, perhaps you actually didn’t bother to look into the Hamonic waivers thing, or read the numerous times it was explained in this thread, and thus weren’t lying, so my apologies if that’s the case.

Then again, not verifying facts before throwing shade doesn’t exactly help with the value of your opinions, you and your legion that is.

Anyways, you don’t like the player in his role, or the cost to acquire him, I like the player and think the cost is great value for what we have. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: aragorn

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I like how he can fire the puck on net with some velocity. Strangely it looks like only Zub and Hamonic will ever fire the puck. Hamonic and Zub are also our most physical defenders. Both guys look a lot more like classic defencemen who can play d in all three zones, can shoot the puck, make a pass, and throw a body check.

Sanderson looked awesome jumping into the play. And Bran looks to be able to rush the puck as well. Our D needs to round into form and learn to play with their partners. It will come, we have a pretty solid group right now.

Honestly I have to agree that Holden looked slow mentally. I think his spot is the one we need to upgrade on to play with Branstrom. Chabot also needs to tighten up his game.
Holden had the best 5 on 5 relCF% last night followed by Hamonic.
We know Zub had some bumps and bruises at the end of camp, so probably not quite right yet.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You live in your own reality dude, as do we all, It’s not one that’s shared by everyone else in Sens land, and that’s ok.

Hey, perhaps you actually didn’t bother to look into the Hamonic waivers thing, or read the numerous times it was explained in this thread, and thus weren’t lying, so my apologies if that’s the case.

Then again, not verifying facts before throwing shade doesn’t exactly help with the value of your opinions, you and your legion that is.

Anyways, you don’t like the player in his role, or the cost to acquire him, I like the player and think the cost is great value for what we have. Agree to disagree.

Yip, I totally forgot that he was waived due to his vax status. Still don't see how that makes me a liar. Technically he could have been picked up for free. I'm sure you verify all your facts and haven't forgotten anything when you post. If I go back in your history it surely is spotless.

What's my legion? LOL.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I’m wouldn’t expect you to like it - you are upset we lost Balcers and cursing a GM for acquiring Hamonic -

I’m good acknowledging that we see the game of hockey completely differently. Nothing wrong with that.

That's where you're wrong. In my mind Balcers and Hamonic are not linked at all. I don't know how you got there. I mean, the events were separated by more than a year. The only common denominator there is Dorion screwing up on both counts.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Thought he looked pretty good in the first game.
I can’t say I have any problem with Hamonic, good stop gap guy IMO.

I do see where Hale is coming from though I guess.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not sure you can say he had a good game when he got burned on Peterka's goal.

Can't have your shutdown defensemen getting beat like that if you want to win games.

Yea, foot speed was notable on a few shifts. Feel it could be even bigger concern against the likes of Rangers and Leafs.

If we want to be playoff competitive, we will need to add a RD sometime this season. Peterka flying by Hamonic was really bad.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yea, foot speed was notable on a few shifts. Feel it could be even bigger concern against the likes of Rangers and Leafs.

If we want to be playoff competitive, we will need to add a RD sometime this season. Peterka flying by Hamonic was really bad.
Neither D looked good on that play. Not willing to chalk it up to a pattern for either guy just yet, though. Maybe with more experience, Hamonic anticipates that aggressive move by Sanderson and is more ready for it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would guess that Kleven will likely replace Holden for next season & one of JBD or Thomson could replace Hamonic. The only problem I have with that is that Hamonic can play a nasty game & drop the gloves if needed while I doubt either JBD or Thomson ever will or should. On the other hand, I expect that Kleven will have to drop the gloves occassionally if he is going to hit guys in the NHL the way he has in the NCAA.

I would really like to see the Sens go after Scott Mayfield RD at the TDL for our 3rd pairing, he would bring a few variables the Sens are missing, he's a legitimte shutdown RD, he's tough & can drop the gloves with anyone & he hits like a truck. I just don't know how much he has left at this point in his career.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - JBD
Kleven - Mayfield
Brannstrom - Thomson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Can't have your shutdown defensemen getting beat like that if you want to win games.
So are you saying Sanderson can't have had a good game either seeing as he let the pass through twice on the same play? It was a three on two, Hamonic could have played it better for sure but so could the back checker and so could Sanderson, one play doesn't define a whole game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would guess that Kleven will likely replace Holden for next season & one of JBD or Thomson could replace Hamonic. The only problem I have with that is that Hamonic can play a nasty game & drop the gloves if needed while I doubt either JBD or Thomson ever will or should. On the other hand, I expect that Kleven will have to drop the gloves occassionally if he is going to hit guys in the NHL the way he has in the NCAA.

I would really like to see the Sens go after Scott Mayfield RD at the TDL for our 3rd pairing, he would bring a few variables the Sens are missing, he's a legitimte shutdown RD, he's tough & can drop the gloves with anyone & he hits like a truck. I just don't know how much he has left at this point in his career.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - JBD
Kleven - Mayfield
Brannstrom - Thomson
Pump the brakes a bit, Kleven hasn't even turned pro yet, he'll likely need some seasoning in the AHL, he isn't Sanderson...

Reactions: Loach

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Wow, those are pretty high standards of what gets classified as a good game if someone is looking for perfection

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So are you saying Sanderson can't have had a good game either seeing as he let the pass through twice on the same play? It was a three on two, Hamonic could have played it better for sure but so could the back checker and so could Sanderson, one play doesn't define a whole game.

Sanderson wasn't at fault there. The guy who let his man go by him for an easy goal on the back door was.

Hamonic should have covered the more dangerous player instead of trying to cover two guys by being in between him and the trailing forward.

If Sanderson makes a mistake he can at least partially make up for it by making an impact with puckmoving and offensive play. Not the case with Hamonic.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sanderson wasn't at fault there. The guy who let his man go by him for an easy goal on the back door was.

Hamonic should have covered the more dangerous player instead of trying to cover two guys by being in between him and the trailing forward.

If Sanderson makes a mistake he can at least partially make up for it by making an impact with puckmoving and offensive play. Not the case with Hamonic.
Sanderson got turned inside out on the play and was chasing between which player to cover, forwards were late getting back. But solid first game for him really.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Sanderson positioned himself to play the pass and let it threw twice, if you can't see that as being at fault then you aren't being honest with yourself. Most plays aren't just one person's fault, mistakes add up and a bunch of people share blame as was the case here

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sanderson positioned himself to play the pass and let it threw twice, if you can't see that as being at fault then you aren't being honest with yourself. Most plays aren't just one person's fault, mistakes add up and a bunch of people share blame as was the case here
Is it an honesty or understanding issue? You're presuming there's an understanding there.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yip, I totally forgot that he was waived due to his vax status. Still don't see how that makes me a liar. Technically he could have been picked up for free. I'm sure you verify all your facts and haven't forgotten anything when you post. If I go back in your history it surely is spotless.

What's my legion? LOL.
It’s ok I don’t need to explain it again, we cleared up the context of the trade.

As for Hamonic, no, no one was going to pick up a player who couldn’t play games of course, technically possible or not, but either way I’m glad we got it sorted out, again.

I think you mentioned having lots of support for your opinions, I just called them legion for short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad