Dreger: Hammer more likely to be moved then Seabrook

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
They dont want to, they have to. They are over the cap already

Seabrook has a NMC and likely literally no value league wide, especially due to the expansion draft, Hammer has good value

Ugly, ugly times in Chicago

ehh odds just came out 5th best odds to win the cup next year. could be a lottt worse.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Wow, Hammer is one hell of a defenceman. I feel like he'd be the perfect fit in Toronto actually.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Two firsts seems like a bit much but yes I would love Hammer.

Honestly I think someone will offer more.

But

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hjar

That's about as good as a top 4 as I've ever seen. We would be a force next year.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The Oilers could give up Nurse+. Hawks get an NHL D with high upside, but also ED exempt, Edmonton would get a top pairing/ elite #3D. Theyd have to make additional moves to facilitate him due to ED

Toronto seems like a tremendous fit tho. They could easily protect him in ED and hed be a much needed addition

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Yeah, I don't see the Hawks snagging #3OA.

I see a good prospect and a 2nd. Teams know they're in a tough position.

Yes but there will be a lot of interest in Hammer, so you would think there would be somewhat of a bidding war.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I wonder if other teams see Seabrook as a defensive liability like Hawks fans do.. If they do.. That's going to be rough for the Hawks I knew it was going to be an ugly deal the moment it was signed

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I wonder if other teams see Seabrook as a defensive liability like Hawks fans do.. If they do.. That's going to be rough for the Hawks I knew it was going to be an ugly deal the moment it was signed

I saw him as a defensive liability for a while. Although what fans see doesnt really matter, what does is what GMs see. I think a majority see how bad he is defensively, but some might be stupid enough to get tricked into thinking hes semi ok in that area

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Honestly I think someone will offer more.

But

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Hjar

That's about as good as a top 4 as I've ever seen. We would be a force next year.

The team that just lost in the finals might have something to say about that :)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
To Toronto-
Anisimov
Hjalmarsson

To Chicago-
Bozak
Kapanen
1st round pick

I would be fine with a deal like this. Fills a couple of big holes on the Leafs roster.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Kadri - Marner
Komarov - Anisimov - Brown
Leipsic - Boyle - Martin

Hammer - Rielly
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Hunwick - Carrick

That's some serious size and skill down the middle.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Nurse , Edmonton,s 1st 2017 , 2nd 2018

Yikes. His value is that high?

Boston would definitely be in on Hammer, but I don't know if they would pay that price. Probably just overpay Minnesota or Anaheim at that point. They do have an open ED defense spot.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The team that just lost in the finals might have something to say about that :)

I donno, statistically Hamilton-Gio was the best pairing in the NHL last year(significantly better then Josi-Ellis, or Ekholm-Subban). And Brodie and Hjarm as a second pairing... :dunno:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's a legit top pair D that can matchup against everyone in the league. His offense isn't that good but I think there is more there than people realize. His shot is actually really good and he has good offensive instincts, he just usually gets buried in DZone starts and hard competition.

He also only has a cap hit of 4.1 mil. I think his value is quite high.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yikes. His value is that high?

Boston would definitely be in on Hammer, but I don't know if they would pay that price. Probably just overpay Minnesota or Anaheim at that point. They do have an open ED defense spot.

High price but I'd do it

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Hammer

That's a seriously good top 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad