Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 "No more Stortini" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Lefebvre demoted Andrighetto for Thomas. The new first line were a combined -10.

LonginusX

Aug 12, 2013
I havent had a chance to see him play this year, but is Beaulieu's game as "average" as his numbers seem to indicate ??
Thanks

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I see don't understand how Mayer keeps getting starts. He has 1 win and Tokarski has been playing very well for the most part. The Dogs were playing very well especially in the 1st, that could be a back breaking loss as they were dominating until the 4 unanswered goals.

Nattinen scored a nice goal by going to the net hard, nice to see the fourth line finally get some production.

Does he have any chances to play in NHL at some point?

He looks like he would be better off in the ECHL, has size and works hard consistently though. Coaching staff seems to really like him as he got time on the starting line as he's usually on what I would call the 4th line.

I havent had a chance to see him play this year, but is Beaulieu's game as "average" as his numbers seem to indicate ??
Thanks

yes, he's not looked very good at times, the effort hasn't always been there but he can turn it on quickly when he wants.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Does he have any chances to play in NHL at some point?

A lot of the time when an AHL team brings in a bunch of NCAA grads or junior over-agers it's not because they necessarily see them as NHL prospects. AHL teams need to fill their rosters. Guys like Duffy, Coutnall, Fournier etc... are likely good enough to compete in minor pro and if one gets to the NHL, great but for every Martin St-Louis and David Desharnais there's 100 others that are just continuing there college/junior hockey life before they have to start real life, and why not? I don't blame them.

I find you'll see this a lot when an AHL team faces a lot of injuries. You'll see a bunch of graduated college guys and former junior players sign 5-day contracts or something like that, play a few games, and be sent home once the other player comes back and you never hear from them again.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Thomas is -3. Looks like Desharnais out there. Doesn't look like he can physically handle pro hockey. He did just come off injury though I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Yeah, I wouldn't make overbroad conclusions after that.

I think we can conclude that Lefebvre is a disaster though, and Mayer has no business getting equal starts.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It's a weird decision to take Ghetto off the 1st line when he was playing so well and put Thomas there. I mean I like Thomas but the guy's been out the whole year with an injury. You start him out on the 3rd line with some PP time for a couple of weeks until you see that he's got his game level play back.

Doesn't help that Mayer is not a good goalie.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Thank god we kept Mayer....who's the incompetent who really thought he was deserving to be kept around? As far as Thomas is concerned...well he is what he is. A good scorer with still the same question mark...can he bring it at the NHL level. Isn't impressed by Lefebvre so far and the problem is that the entire management seems to think everything is great.

Last edited:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Has anyone watched the Donald Dufresne interviews after a game. He seems uninspiring to me but maybe he is a decent coach. I wouldn't mind seeing Bouillon in that role next year if he was willing.

Analyzer*

Andrighetto, you've been great. However, we drafted you in the 3rd round as an overager. Thomas, we acquired in a deal for Kristo, a former 2nd rounder of ours. Thomas was also drafted in the 2nd round, ergo, Thomas should be higher.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Andrighetto, you've been great. However, we drafted you in the 3rd round as an overager. Thomas, we acquired in a deal for Kristo, a former 2nd rounder of ours. Thomas was also drafted in the 2nd round, ergo, Thomas should be higher.

Not sure if you're actually serious here.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Throwing this out there, but maybe he wanted to spread out the offense? Clearly Andrighetto has been the dynamo for the team offensively, so he moved him to another to see if two lines could provide offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad