Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Rumble Pit also available day one of season 2, and they’ll finally be rotating in other modes like doubles, snipers, etc. Thank god they’re adding Attrition back in.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
All permanent game modes too. It's a start.

Glad to see they just looked at MCC and realized they could throw a ton of other modes into a rotational playlist and call it a day.

Now the wording is a bit iffy but all the new modes will have their own playlist as well correct?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
All permanent game modes too. It's a start.

Glad to see they just looked at MCC and realized they could throw a ton of other modes into a rotational playlist and call it a day.

Now the wording is a bit iffy but all the new modes will have their own playlist as well correct?
King of the Hill and Last Spartan Standing will. If there is rotational playlists, I would think they would but not sure. Doesn’t sound like Attrition is getting its own, which is a bummer.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
season 2 is going to be six months again

HAPGaHn.jpg

That's actually laughable. 2 new maps (may as well be one since not a lot of people play this incarnation of BTB), a couple of easy to throw together game modes and that's enough content for 6 months? Not to mention Forge is now a "beta" and is being ' "targetted" for a September window, meaning it's not guaranteed.

2 whole maps of extra content added in what would be just slightly over a year come November. A bunch of game modes that should have been in from day one added as token drip feed bullshit. Co op still missing, the ability to replay campaign missions still missing. In comparison halo 3 launched with 10 maps (7 4v4/3 BTB) and got 2 map packs, and a free remake map within a year of launching while also having forge as a fallback for players to pump out their own content.

It really, really pains me to see a series I loved so much fall to such a miserable low. Screw 343

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
This game should have came out fall 2022 instead of 2021, it was just nowhere near ready.
If it had dropped with the content in this roadmap it still wouldn't be great. Modern Warfare 2 launched with twice as many maps over a decade ago lol.

Its honestly depressing because I love the gameplay but I cant keep playing the same 7 maps over and over for months on end

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
When does Season 1 finish? I want to beat more of the pack and unlock some of the Reach armour before it goes away for season 2?

I really hate that double team was a great original playlist that is now a weekend special event to get the numbers up. Also, I am so disappointed that the new map is a closed off platforming map again (other one looks like a BTB map).

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
When does Season 1 finish? I want to beat more of the pack and unlock some of the Reach armour before it goes away for season 2?

I really hate that double team was a great original playlist that is now a weekend special event to get the numbers up. Also, I am so disappointed that the new map is a closed off platforming map again (other one looks like a BTB map).
Iirc you don’t need to unlock it before the new season. You can unlock season 1 content from the bp in season 5 for example.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It’s a shame cause the Gameplay is actually pretty good. The amount of content there is is pretty sad.

6 months is brutal. The gameplay is still fantastic, played again last night, but lack of content is just disappointing.
Pretty much my thoughts... I really enjoy the game play (though I'm interested to see the new melee adjustments) ... but the lack of actual content/6 month long season 2 is insane....

BP still only has 100 levels.. I'll be through that in no time at all..

Guess I'll still have plenty of time to play other games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The amount of content available 350 days after launch is pathetic and this game shouldn't be supported by the community anymore IMHO. The gameplay is the best it's ever been but this Battle Pass ecosystem they've built the game around is a sham and I think people should boycott buying the S2 BP.

There aren't enough maps and having one generic ranked playlist starves gamers for content and purposeful gaming experiences. The Shop works every week though! A slightly different tint on your greyed-out Samurai armor being the actual new content released is a f***ing joke and shows how 343/Microsoft views this franchise. They're hear to squeeze every penny out of people and they ruining Halo in the process.

The open world campaign was a nice idea but the end product is an uninspired huge map with no narrative and only 3 different environments. 343 should be ashamed of themselves for the way they've handled this game's development. The cavalier attitude Dev's have when responding to the community is a total joke as well. As if it's unreasonable to be angry this game made in 2021 has less content than any previous Halo game. Shifting to the F2P model has been a disaster and I think 343 should lose control of the franchise. I'd rather it be ran by anyone else if it's going to be ruined like it has been so far.

There isn't a reason to play this game for probably another year or two and all 343 has to explain this are excuses.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not happy with the amount of content released or announced thus far, but I'm not going to boycott the game, simply because I enjoy playing it too much.

Every few days I hop on for 'a few matches' and end up turning the console off 3 hours later with tons of clips of awesome or hilarious moments saved.

When I see friends playing online, I literally quit out of games to go join them. The gameplay loop and the 'feel' of the game is just so damn good.

I feel like 343 should have prioritized Forge more, because a fully functional forge mode with some kind of in-game LFG for custom matches would have helped reduce the feeling of repetition for a lot of players who don't just fall into that zen, flow state that I do once the matches start rolling.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I watched the community spotlight stream they did. They did mention that the Forge beta in September is mostly the full thing, and all this stuff will be made available to insider program before then. Sounded like the monthly drop pod updates they’re planning could include new maps and modes once they’re ready, but I wouldn’t keep my hopes up.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Finished the 10 levels of the event pass. All the Last Spartan Standing challenges were insanely easy… I wonder if that was intentional after all the complaining last season.

Last Spartan Standing is well done… its just not what I want from Halo. I dont find FFA modes fun in Halo generally speaking.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Finished the 10 levels of the event pass. All the Last Spartan Standing challenges were insanely easy… I wonder if that was intentional after all the complaining last season.

Last Spartan Standing is well done… its just not what I want from Halo. I dont find FFA modes fun in Halo generally speaking.
There's no way around the game loop of getting shot in the back while you're shooting someone else. You die and then that guy steals your kill too.

What do you think of the two new maps?

Reactions: JaegerDice

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Ha, I must have different challenges. 25 headshots in LSS is taking a minute.

I really like it, and like both new maps. Nice change. Catalyst in particular is different than all the other maps in Arena. Attrition is also back in Quick Play. That’s a great mode.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Catalyst is great imo. Very quickly becoming one of my favorite arena maps.

Not quite sold on Breaker yet. I feel like all the BTB maps so far are just missing… something. I dont feel like the matches flow very organically, the action feels very chaotic and busy to me…but then, Im used to 8v8 and maps designed for that size. At 12v12, you need more routes, more weapon placements, more …stuff. It just doesnt feel as magic to me… as 8v8 Valhalla did immediately, before I had even fully learned every nook and sight-line of the map.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jumped back in today and I had some fun.

Biggest aspect I noticed is that the melees are garbage, straight up garbage. I cannot describe how bad they've made them.

Ranked playlist is still the best, AR starts still suck balls, and I can conclude that BTB is one of the most boring playlists I've played in a long time. They just killed it as it has no character since 343 is stuck in two worlds. They're trying to keep some aspects of old skool BTB, but bring all the junk from the 9 year old BTB playlist that was in Halo 5 and it doesn't mix at all. KOTH is a fun addition and one of the very few playlists that works with AR/pistol starts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Supposedly there is a rumour saying that there won't be any DLC or expansions until 2025 and I would guess they're talking about campaign.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Supposedly there is a rumour saying that there won't be any DLC or expansions until 2025 and I would guess they're talking about campaign.
Yeah I read that as well. Also that Battle Royale won’t come out until the end of 2023. What a freaking joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad