Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Extremely disappointing news from 343’s Season 2 announcement. One 4v4 map, one BTB map, no forge, no split screen co-op. But there’s a brand new armor core available! Woooooh.

Blown away by the lack of content here. There’s not enough to do in this game, not enough maps to play on, and the F2P/BP model sucks for the community. This is Microsoft’s flagship series and Titanfall 2 was a better experience than Infinite. What a joke.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm just going to pretend this series ended after Reach.

Can't believe Microsoft wouldnt make sure their golden IP was treated properly.

They had a golden opportunity to reclaim some relevance in the FPS market with Battlefield completing its fall from grace post BF4 and COD being the same buggy garbage that it has been for years and they completely squandered it.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I mean, I had a great time with the campaign.

Lack of updates on multiplayer stinks though. They looked like they would update it a lot early on and have fallen off the last two months.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
8 maps for 4v4 until the end of the summer is all i need to hear from this update. The gameplay is really fun but there isn't enough variety and the progression system isn't rewarding enough.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Extremely disappointing news from 343’s Season 2 announcement. One 4v4 map, one BTB map, no forge, no split screen co-op. But there’s a brand new armor core available! Woooooh.

Blown away by the lack of content here. There’s not enough to do in this game, not enough maps to play on, and the F2P/BP model sucks for the community. This is Microsoft’s flagship series and Titanfall 2 was a better experience than Infinite. What a joke.

It's obvious the game was such a gong show in production they rushed out what they had prior to Xmas as a cash grab. They have to be dedicating all their resources right now to BR because I don't understand how hard it is to drop in some maps. The gameplay is amazing but maybe shelf this game until next Winter.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Honestly think Forge would have gone a long way to fixing the self inflicted content issues.

Halo and its community have a symbiotic relationship that's very unique. The community has shown to be stupid creative in the past decade or so to the point crested game modes have gotten picked up as official ones in the Bungie days.

You could have easily had the players design maps, "borrow" them and add them into the regular rotation. You could have a "forge map of the week" that is playable in matchmaking and then swap it out with another. Cheap way to freshen the game up.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Halo 3 is trending on twitter.

Nobody seems to know why. All the tweets are pretty much "Why is Halo 3 trending? Don't know, don't care. Halo 3 rocks."

Though I will say this one was legitimately funny:

Reactions: Shockmaster

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I felt guilty after winning a game of CTF on High Power recently. I stayed at our base the entire time playing defense camping above the flag with the shotgun (forget its name off the top of my head) and a needler. The game stays scoreless until the final couple of minutes when someone on my team hauls ass with the enemy flag right up to the stairs of our base, only to be gunned down by Spartans on the other team who chased him. We clear them out, then I pick up the flag and score and our team wins 1-0. It was obviously the right thing to do, but man did it I feel guilty. :laugh: I just wonder if the game actually takes into account the guy who did most of the work bringing the flag to the base and dying in the process to help his team as opposed to me, who just performed an easy clean-up.

Reactions: Jussi

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Does anybody else playing on a VRR setup get more noticeable gamma flicker on Halo Infinite than other games?

Just wondering if it's my TV, the Xbox Series X, or if it's the game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I felt guilty after winning a game of CTF on High Power recently. I stayed at our base the entire time playing defense camping above the flag with the shotgun (forget its name off the top of my head) and a needler. The game stays scoreless until the final couple of minutes when someone on my team hauls ass with the enemy flag right up to the stairs of our base, only to be gunned down by Spartans on the other team who chased him. We clear them out, then I pick up the flag and score and our team wins 1-0. It was obviously the right thing to do, but man did it I feel guilty. :laugh: I just wonder if the game actually takes into account the guy who did most of the work bringing the flag to the base and dying in the process to help his team as opposed to me, who just performed an easy clean-up.

nah don’t feel guilty nobody knows how to play ctf lol.

Reactions: Jussi

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't own a new Xbox so I can't play this, but as a long-time fan of the series I'm curious, where does this one rank compared to the rest of the series?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
They’ve spilled some season 2 info but say more is coming. I’ve slowed down playing a good bit but still pop in for a few games, so hoping they finally deliver some good content.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I hate modern gaming down to its core but I can’t help but feel Halo and Battle Royale would be an absolute match made in Heaven. The time to kill, teamwork, and sandbox is nearly perfect for that mode

Agreed, I think it could be done really well in Halo. But I'd be worried they'd half-ass it and release an unfinished product again, they haven't even finished the original game and now they're apparently shifting to something else. They have to do something drastic though, the games population has declined immensely.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Agreed, I think it could be done really well in Halo. But I'd be worried they'd half-ass it and release an unfinished product again, they haven't even finished the original game and now they're apparently shifting to something else. They have to do something drastic though, the games population has declined immensely.
In fairness, they’ve brought in an entire team to handle the Battle Royale, while the multiplayer team stays doing it’s own thing.

A Halo BR would be great. I’m actually excited for season 2. Wish it was more than just two maps but happy to get some new modes and the changes to the Battle pass are promising.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Those modes will be cool for the two weeks they're there and then rotated out. Just like attrition.

Suffice to say the only way that might breathe life into this game at this point might be BR...and I really dislike 343 for getting to that point.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad