Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't see the thread, so decided to make one.

Some other aspects being trickled out...

- Supposedly the armour customization will be modeled after Halo: Reach where you earn credits and buy the pieces you want.

- The game will have four-player split screen (confirmed), meaning the game won't be in 60 FPS correct?

- A lot of rumours that Halo 5 was supposed to be an "open world" game and some time during the creation process they decided to cut that aspect and go back to the traditional campaign waiting for Halo 6. If you think about it, I buy that rumour. As you can see how the game was structured with three separate worlds and how the campaign was setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: CurtisBissonnette

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think this will be a pseudo-RPG, open world FPS. The Halo franchise hit a wall recently in terms of innovating the gameplay. Halo 5 took pages out of CoD with aiming down the sites, and the MOBA genre with their new mode killing NPCs. I'm pretty sure they will introduce light RPG elements, similar to what RDR2 did.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
As long as it uses the mechanics and sandbox from Halo 5 as a baseline to build from, Im all in.

The campaign was hot trash, but the mobility options and the weapon balance made multiplayer in Halo 5 the fastest, best-playing, most fun in the series since 2.

Just give me legit BTB maps this time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As long as it uses the mechanics and sandbox from Halo 5 as a baseline to build from, Im all in.

The campaign was hot trash, but the mobility options and the weapon balance made multiplayer in Halo 5 the fastest, best-playing, most fun in the series since 2.

Just give me legit BTB maps this time.
I don't think there was any aspects from Halo 5 that deserve to be in Halo 6 except for forge mode. The game was beautiful and this reveal trailer was also beautiful, but I absolutely hated almost every aspect of it. The story was trash, the marketing was a scam, the BTB replacement was a micro-transaction galore fest, and multiplayer was a hot pile of running around terribly designed close-quarter maps Spartan charging and grenade spamming (omfg the grenades). Sure we can all deem it a passable game since it wasn't all that bad, but it truly sucked as a Halo game. Which is entirely strange because I think Halo 4 was fantastic and going in the right direction before it was basically **** upon in Halo 5. Like what the hell is the point of bringing in a mythical creature such as a Forerunner for one effin game?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
You sure? It says on this website (Halo Infinite for Xbox One: The Master Chief Returns | Xbox), that the game is "exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10".

There is an absolute chance it could be a two system game, but if it turns out to just be for the One I wonder if that means the new Xbox won't be released until the 2021 era.
Thats likely because the next gen consoles haven’t been announced yet. I’m expecting a 2019 announcement with a 2020 release. But who knows whats actually gonna happen :laugh:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You sure? It says on this website (Halo Infinite for Xbox One: The Master Chief Returns | Xbox), that the game is "exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10".

There is an absolute chance it could be a two system game, but if it turns out to just be for the One I wonder if that means the new Xbox won't be released until the 2021 era.

Yeah, I think it'll be a two system release for both Xbox One and the next Xbox. Like what GTA 5 did.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Halo 5 wasn’t very fun, I think it’s a big reason why so many people turned to Halo MCC instead

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I don't think there was any aspects from Halo 5 that deserve to be in Halo 6 except for forge mode. The game was beautiful and this reveal trailer was also beautiful, but I absolutely hated almost every aspect of it. The story was trash, the marketing was a scam, the BTB replacement was a micro-transaction galore fest, and multiplayer was a hot pile of running around terribly designed close-quarter maps Spartan charging and grenade spamming (omfg the grenades). Sure we can all deem it a passable game since it wasn't all that bad, but it truly sucked as a Halo game. Which is entirely strange because I think Halo 4 was fantastic and going in the right direction before it was basically **** upon in Halo 5. Like what the hell is the point of bringing in a mythical creature such as a Forerunner for one effin game?

I was speaking purely to multiplayer mechanics and sandbox.

I agree Halo 4 had a better campaign, even if it was only middling by Halo standards. The Halo 5 campaign was just hot trash.

Halo 4 multiplayer was not only the worst in the series, its among the worst designed and executed competitive multiplayer in any console FPS, ever.

Halo 5’s base mechanics as far as movement, shooting, weapon balance, were all absolutely top notch, especially once they patched in the ability to really dig in and fine-tune the minutea of the controls. I wish every game had a controls suite on par with Halo 5.

I do agree that it was somewhat wasted on less-than-stellar maps though. And as a huge BTB fan, I felt let down by the focus on 4v4 arena (though I also enjoyed it for pure sweaty play), and the new Warzone mode.

Give me Halo 5 mechanics applied to great maps and more modes, Ill be happy.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Please don't make me buy another console to play this. I already did that once for this franchise. :laugh:

I did it for Halo 3 with the 360. By the time this gen rolled around I was committed to Xbox so I had an Xbox One for Halo 5.

I wont be doing it again. Ill be buying a PS5 first this go around and the next Xbox later in the gen

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I mean in terms of console generations. Like GTA 5. Obviously its not going to Nintendo and Playstation

All games they release will go on all current consoles. They would not ignore the large amount of Xone owners, just release the scaled down version.

I feel like the next Halo is out before the next console anyways. Late 2019

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I was speaking purely to multiplayer mechanics and sandbox.

I agree Halo 4 had a better campaign, even if it was only middling by Halo standards. The Halo 5 campaign was just hot trash.

Halo 4 multiplayer was not only the worst in the series, its among the worst designed and executed competitive multiplayer in any console FPS, ever.

Halo 5’s base mechanics as far as movement, shooting, weapon balance, were all absolutely top notch, especially once they patched in the ability to really dig in and fine-tune the minutea of the controls. I wish every game had a controls suite on par with Halo 5.

I do agree that it was somewhat wasted on less-than-stellar maps though. And as a huge BTB fan, I felt let down by the focus on 4v4 arena (though I also enjoyed it for pure sweaty play), and the new Warzone mode.

Give me Halo 5 mechanics applied to great maps and more modes, Ill be happy.

Curious why you hated Halo 4's multiplayer so much? Some of the map design was really solid - I enjoyed most of them (Ragnarok, Exile, Haven, Adrift, etc.). The weapon and vehicle upgrades were a nice addition to freshen it up a bit. They got rid of some of the issues with Reach - bloom in the crosshairs, annoying abilities like armour lock, etc.

A lot of people seem to tout Halo 5's gameplay, movement, and multiplayer as being the "best since Halo 2" but I really don't see it. I've put in dozens of hours into the game, and while I appreciate the tweaks and changes made, it didn't hook me in as much as previous Halos. I even gave it another shot when the custom game browser came out, which breathed some new life into the game, but it still didn't have the staying power that the previous games did. Some of the changes felt like they were just trying to emulate Call of Duty, like aiming down the sights. To me, the franchise has been on a steady decline since Halo 3.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
As a self proclaimed Halo vet - been playing religiously since Halo 1 back on XBC - I would put Halo 4 firmly at the bottom of the list - without any hesitation. Especially when it comes to multiplayer.

Reactions: JaegerDice

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I disagree. Halo 5 was a ton of fun. The problem is the single player story wasn’t good. The multiplayer was fantastic.
That's where we'll probably never see eye to eye. Nobody that I know of, of my past Halo friends think that anything about Halo 5 was good. Right from campaign to the just horrible gameplay of multiplayer. The past MLG pros had too much say in the creation of trying to make the game competitive. Halo games were always competitive, even if you lot didn't like Halo 4. There was not one multiplayer map in Halo 5 which was a mainstay for competition like CTF, oddball, or just straight up slayer. Not one Lockout, Guardian, The Pit, Ascension, Hang 'Em High, or a single originally designed medium size map let alone a large map.

Again there is nothing "fantastic" spartan charging and grenade spamming very small close-quarter maps.

As a self proclaimed Halo vet - been playing religiously since Halo 1 back on XBC - I would put Halo 4 firmly at the bottom of the list - without any hesitation. Especially when it comes to multiplayer.
I am the same and just can't agree with that, Halo 5 is by far the worst game out there. Like I would rather play a different genre of Halo in Halo Wars than play another second of Halo 5.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Curious why you hated Halo 4's multiplayer so much? Some of the map design was really solid - I enjoyed most of them (Ragnarok, Exile, Haven, Adrift, etc.). The weapon and vehicle upgrades were a nice addition to freshen it up a bit. They got rid of some of the issues with Reach - bloom in the crosshairs, annoying abilities like armour lock, etc.

A lot of people seem to tout Halo 5's gameplay, movement, and multiplayer as being the "best since Halo 2" but I really don't see it. I've put in dozens of hours into the game, and while I appreciate the tweaks and changes made, it didn't hook me in as much as previous Halos. I even gave it another shot when the custom game browser came out, which breathed some new life into the game, but it still didn't have the staying power that the previous games did. Some of the changes felt like they were just trying to emulate Call of Duty, like aiming down the sights. To me, the franchise has been on a steady decline since Halo 3.

I feel the opposite, it was Halo 4 that went chasing COD, and Halo 5 that thankfully dragged things back on track.

Halo is about players starting matches on even footing, with the same weapons and skills at their disposal, and then earning more powerful weapons through map knowledge, communication, positioning, and great combat skills (shoot, grenade, melee... the holy trinity).

Halo 4 added garbage loadouts, awarded weapons on maps as f***ing killstreak rewards that could be called down anywhere... and to ‘balance’ that, they made the weapons you called in random. So when you get cross-mapped body-shot killed by the Promethean sniper, it wasnt cause that guy or his team earned it, RNG just smiled in his favor.

The weapon sandbox was also hot trash. Nothing was balanced, and 343 spent the entirety of Halo 4’s lifespan spinning plates trying to nerf and buff, but it was too broken from the word go to be salvageable. It was a disaster, and the population drop off in Halo 4 was the largest and fastest of any Halo game ever made.

PmG3gKo.jpg

With good reason. Halo 4 is shit. They tried to chase COD, and made a game that was worse than both any Halo ever and any COD ever. So instead of choosing to play a bad COD knockoff mashed into a Halo wrapper, everybody including Halo fans figured they as well just play the real deal rather than sci-fi CODLite.

Halo 5 was a huge return to form as far as multiplayer design. They abandonned loadouts, put weapons back on the maps in fixed spawn placements, rebalanced the sandbox so every weapon was viable and added a mobility suite to improve verticality and game speed, with abilitiew that every player had access to from spawn. Yes, they added an ADS option, but it was purely visual, aiming down sights did nothing to improve the practical accuracy, range, reticule-friction of any weapon. It was purely included for player comfort and could be ignored by any long-time Halo fan.

Halo 5’s failings were a lack of truly excellent maps and a lack of modes. The big bet on Warzone as a replacement for the BTB maps and modes was a bad bet. Which sucks. But the actual moment to moment gameplay in Arena, if you like pure, competitive Halo, is the best the series has beem since Halo 2. If you’re into more casual stuff like Fiesta or whatever, yeah, Halo 5 wasnt going to please you. They had to refocus on the fundamentals after Halo 4. Give me more of that with better maps and more modes and Im happy.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The pistol was too overpowered in 5, the maps sucked, the spartan pound sucked, the game modes generally sucked. And I completely disagree with the actual gameplay being better. It was not pure Halo in the sense that 2&3 were. I know it’s easy to get lost in nostalgia but ever since Halo 3 it seems that all the other Halo games were drifting too far away from what made the game so fun in the first place. If 5 was an attempt at a return to that then it failed

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The pistol was too overpowered in 5, the maps sucked, the spartan pound sucked, the game modes generally sucked. And I completely disagree with the actual gameplay being better. It was not pure Halo in the sense that 2&3 were. I know it’s easy to get lost in nostalgia but ever since Halo 3 it seems that all the other Halo games were drifting too far away from what made the game so fun in the first place. If 5 was an attempt at a return to that then it failed

Agreed. I'm hoping they put a bigger emphasis on the single player storyline/co-op, map design, game modes, and expanding the possibilities with Forge and including more custom maps into playlists. They don't need to screw around with the gameplay so much, as it almost always backfires (the armor lock and bloom in Reach was dumb, the additions in 4 felt forced and unnecessary, and I didn't like the tweaks made in 5 either). DOOM 2016 showed that gameplay can be simple/straight forward and still enjoyable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad