Hall vs Marchand vs Benn vs Giroux

Hall vs Marchand vs Benn vs Giroux

• Total voters

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
English 101:

'Best of the 4'

Where in that sentence does it say we are discussing only recent play and not their careers? Ill wait.

Common sense big guy, doesn't take much figuring out considering Marchand is winning in a landslide but if we're talking about career he's quite clearly last.

But apparently you're smarter than everyone else.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Common sense big guy, doesn't take much figuring out considering Marchand is winning in a landslide but if we're talking about career he's quite clearly last.

But apparently you're smarter than everyone else.
'common sense'

according to who, nbwingsfan? yeah no, I read the OP as for what it is, I dont make up my own agenda

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Giroux is the best player without a doubt.... best season? Toss up between Giroux Marchand and Hall.

Giroux
Marchand/ Hall

Benn

Overall

Reactions: Actuarial

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Continue thinking Marchand is the better offensive guy. Hall's .88 career ppg will continue carrying the Devils by himself.

Note to self: only the last three seasons count

So exactly how many years of someone being better does it take to proclaim them better if he didn't have as good of a start to his career? 4? 5?

Kucherov's been an elite scorer the last two seasons. Should we not call him one of the best because he was a 60 point scorer before that?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
So exactly how many years of someone being better does it take to proclaim them better if he didn't have as good of a start to his career? 4? 5?

Kucherov's been an elite scorer the last two seasons. Should we not call him one of the best because he was a 60 point scorer before that?
It isnt just coincidence that when Marchand pairs up with Bergeron and Pastrnak he starts putting up big points

Marchand has had better teams every year and still hasnt caught up to Hall

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
458 in 520 Hall, .88 ppg
447 in 590 Marchand, .75ppg

What dont you get about that, Hall is the better offensive player...
:facepalm:

2017-18: Marchand's 75 points in 57 games >>> Hall's 77 points in 67 games = Marchand is the better offensive player.

Furthermore...
In the last 100 games played, Marchand has 130 points (60 goals, 70 assists).
In the last 100 games played, Hall has 99 points (40 goals, 59 assists).
It goes without saying that Marchand in that span has a ppg of 1.30, Hall 0.99. So, Marchand has been producing at +31.3% over Hall for well over a season already. Therefore, Hall is not even close to Marchand offensively.
Now imagine how cosmic-sized would be the offensive gap (which is already huge at over 31%) if Hall had to play defense from time to time. :laugh:

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It isnt just coincidence that when Marchand pairs up with Bergeron and Pastrnak he starts putting up big points

BS. Last 100 games, Hall isn't even seeing Marchand, because Brad is so far ahead: 130 points vs 99.

And Hall is just getting a crap load of PP points (29 vs 20 for Marchand).
At 5vs5, Hall has 48 points and Marchand 55. This while playing 67 games, and Marchand 57... And playing 16:12 of 5vs5 per game, Marchand 14:40.
This means that 5vs5 P/60 for Hall is 2.24. Marchand is at 2.94. It's an abyss of a difference.

And this "he plays with Pastrnak and Bergeron, duh" is just an excuse. He is outproducing them by more than 30%. And his production hasn't faltered while being centered by players like Riley Nash (who hadn't been above 40 points in his career until this year). Ffs, he had 37 goals in 15-16 when the other winger (Connolly) in the line had 25... Points.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
‘Literally nothing’

Just save us all the time reading your post and just say ‘Im a homer’ so we dont have to read down that far to see that.

Continue thinking Marchand is better offensively, Hall will keep his higher points in less games lol.

I'm not a Boston fan but I think it's pretty indisputable that Marchand is the better overall player at this point in their careers. If you truly believe Hall is better than him that sounds very much like a homer because nothing backs that up. Stats or watching the game with your own eyes. Marchand is a dirty rat tho dont get me wrong.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

He's surpassed Hall the last two seasons, so yeah, you're kind of right when you say he hasn't caught up to Hall. Can't catch up when you're already ahead.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I'm not a Boston fan but I think it's pretty indisputable that Marchand is the better overall player at this point in their careers. If you truly believe Hall is better than him that sounds very much like a homer because nothing backs that up. Stats or watching the game with your own eyes. Marchand is a dirty rat tho dont get me wrong.
It was being argued which is the better offensive player, not overall.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He's surpassed Hall the last two seasons, so yeah, you're kind of right when you say he hasn't caught up to Hall. Can't catch up when you're already ahead.
Yet Hall still has better career numbers

Guess he hasnt quite caught up yet. .88 vs .75, and before Bergeron and Pastrnak he was barely breaking .50

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Well, he has just put up 17 points in his last 9 games that Bergeron has been hurt and had Reily Nash as centre. Small sample size but -
He's third in the league in points since January 1st last year despite playing 15-20 games less than everyone else in the top 25 sans Malkin and has the highest PPG ratio over that time-frame which isn't a small sample size.
A lot of people don't want to believe it but there's a pretty good case to be made that he's the best offensive player in the NHL nowadays.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Yet Hall still has better career numbers

Guess he hasnt quite caught up yet. .88 vs .75, and before Bergeron and Pastrnak he was barely breaking .50

OP said best "player" not "offensive player". Also, Hall played on my shitty Oilers as the #1 option for a lot of those early years. The coaches would literally just stack his line with RNH/Eberle or to a lesser degree Draisatl before Hall left, and give him the whole 2 min PP and all offensive zone starts. Marchand has been known as a grinder for much of his career but over the past 2 years has eclipsed A LOT of the players in the NHL (Hall included) with his offensive game. Bergeron put up 53 points in 79 games last year and Pasta was on and off of that top line as Boston searched for depth scoring (I know this because I have Pasta in a keeper league and wanted him on the Bergeron/Marchand line all year if possible). Are you really trying to base your argument around anything other than the past 2 years which is the best indication of a player in the present? Cmon man, I'm an Oilers fan and still love Hallsy to death but he's not even that close to a better player than Marchand right now. He probably will be once Brad declines but not now.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
OP said best "player" not "offensive player". Also, Hall played on my ****ty Oilers as the #1 option for a lot of those early years. The coaches would literally just stack his line with RNH/Eberle or to a lesser degree Draisatl before Hall left, and give him the whole 2 min PP and all offensive zone starts. Marchand has been known as a grinder for much of his career but over the past 2 years has eclipsed A LOT of the players in the NHL (Hall included) with his offensive game. Bergeron put up 53 points in 79 games last year and Pasta was on and off of that top line as Boston searched for depth scoring (I know this because I have Pasta in a keeper league and wanted him on the Bergeron/Marchand line all year if possible). Are you really trying to base your argument around anything other than the past 2 years which is the best indication of a player in the present? Cmon man, I'm an Oilers fan and still love Hallsy to death but he's not even that close to a better player than Marchand right now. He probably will be once Brad declines but not now.
I dont care what OP said when me and a poster had a conversation about Marchand vs Hall offensively

Its amazing how I have had to say five separate times now that I was discussing Hall vs Marchand offensively with another poster. Truly incredible how little folks read the thread

Ill just ignore the rest of your post and the rest of this thread, Im done repeating myself.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I dont care what OP said when me and a poster had a conversation about Marchand vs Hall offensively

Its amazing how I have had to say five separate times now that I was discussing Hall vs Marchand offensively with another poster. Truly incredible how little folks read the thread

Ill just ignore the rest of your post and the rest of this thread, Im done repeating myself.

Buddy can you not read? Pretty much the rest of my post centered around the OFFENSIVE side of both of their games I didn't even talk about the defensive side because it's not even a contest. You sound like a child right now. It's crazy how you New Jersey fans have jumped so hard on the Hall bandwagon.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Buddy can you not read? Pretty much the rest of my post centered around the OFFENSIVE side of both of their games I didn't even talk about the defensive side because it's not even a contest. You sound like a child right now. It's crazy how you New Jersey fans have jumped so hard on the Hall bandwagon.
I chose not to read it from your first sentence on.

Have a nice day

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
It's Marchand v Giroux I think. I won't give my opinion, it'd be bias.

It's Giroux though. He IS the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad