Hall vs Marchand vs Benn vs Giroux

• Total voters

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hall does the best with less
Marchand is a rare breed of skill and grit
Giroux is a playmaking wizard and has gotten better on wing

Benn is the only one im very unimpressed with this year and last.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Love Hall and it's impressive how he carried the Devils this year, but defensively he is not 1/10th of what Marchand is. Offensively, Marchand has the edge too.
Marchand is not better than Hall offensively... it isnt even close.

Hall was putting up 80 points with nobody while Marchand was a 4th liner and even now Hall is close in points while Marchand plays with Bergeron and Pastrnak

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I dont want to make it sound like Marchand isnt good offensively but Hall pushes 5v5 possession like a beast, hes one of the best in the league at it

Marchand just put in a filthy backhand and clearly is very good but it certainly helps having the linemates he does making the space they do.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Marchand is not better than Hall offensively... it isnt even close.

Hall was putting up 80 points with nobody while Marchand was a 4th liner and even now Hall is close in points while Marchand plays with Bergeron and Pastrnak

While Marchand was a 4th liner, in 2009-10, Hall wasn't even in the NHL. But last I checked, it's 2018, not 2009.

73 points in 56 games is MUCH better than 77 points in 67 games... And if you are interested in the past season - which is still better than going back 9 seasons or so - 85 points in 80 games is light years ahead of 53 points in 72 games... (As I am typing this, Marchand just scored, by the way)...
And +31 (+32 as of right now) is better than +9... It's actually third best in the whole league...

And then the defensive aspect... Let's not go there, it's not a good comparison between Hall and Marchand there... Hall isn't exactly a 200 ft player, is he?
Just a couple of things there: Marchand plays roughly 2 minutes of PK per game... Hall: 6... seconds.
FFS, Hall even gets over 1 and half minutes more than Marchand at 5vs5...
Lastly, a bit of trivia... Marchand is already in the top 50 in short handed goals ALL TIME. I think he is pretty good on the PK...

There's literally nothing that Hall has over Marchand as of now. Nothing. Marchand is the superior player.

UPDATE: Marchand with an assist as well. 75 points in almost 57 games.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Marchand has been the best for the last few seasons

followed by Hall

I still believe in Benn

Reactions: Ladyfan

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
While Marchand was a 4th liner, in 2009-10, Hall wasn't even in the NHL. But last I checked, it's 2018, not 2009.

73 points in 56 games is MUCH better than 77 points in 67 games...

Not if your playing with Godgeron And Pasternak. No one on the Devils is even playing the same sport as those 2. Marchand is a beast but I don’t believe he could do what Hall is doing on the Devils.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Not if your playing with Godgeron And Pasternak. No one on the Devils is even playing the same sport. Bergerons a beast but I don’t believe he could do what Hall is doing on the Devils.
I would like to see Hall play a 200 ft game and see if he can still do what he does these days.

Compared to Marchand: same PP time... Zero PK vs 2 minutes (Marchand)... Over 16 minutes at 5vs5 compared to 14 1/2 (Marchand)

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

73 points in 56 games is MUCH better than 77 points in 67 games... And if you are interested in the past season - which is still better than going back 9 seasons or so - 85 points in 80 games is light years ahead of 53 points in 72 games... (As I am typing this, Marchand just scored, by the way)...
And +31 (+32 as of right now) is better than +9... It's actually third best in the whole league...

And then the defensive aspect... Let's not go there, it's not a good comparison between Hall and Marchand there... Hall isn't exactly a 200 ft player, is he?
Just a couple of things there: Marchand plays roughly 2 minutes of PK per game... Hall: 6... seconds.
FFS, Hall even gets over 1 and half minutes more than Marchand at 5vs5...
Lastly, a bit of trivia... Marchand is already in the top 50 in short handed goals ALL TIME. I think he is pretty good on the PK...

There's literally nothing that Hall has over Marchand as of now. Nothing. Marchand is the superior player.

UPDATE: Marchand with an assist as well. 75 points in almost 57 games.
‘Literally nothing’

[mod]

Continue thinking Marchand is better offensively, Hall will keep his higher points in less games lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
I would like to see Hall play a 200 ft game and see if he can still do what he does these days.

Compared to Marchand: same PP time... Zero PK vs 2 minutes (Marchand)... Over 16 minutes at 5vs5 compared to 14 1/2 (Marchand)

I think Hall will develop a strong 2-way game in time over the next couple years as has situation improved. Playing with dumpster teams doesn’t exactly help with that quite the way playing with a top 2-way team for a decade does.

Right now he is doing all he can to carry the Devils in a way I don’t think any other player in the poll could and for the reason he is the best of the bunch.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
‘Literally nothing’

[mod]

Continue thinking Marchand is better offensively, Hall will keep his higher points in less games lol.

[mod]

Marchand has now 75 points in 56 games and 2 periods. Hall has 77 in 67 games. I would gladly see how you explain 67 games being less than 56. I think it's mission impossible...

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I think Hall will develop a strong 2-way game in time over the next couple years as has situation improved. Playing with dumpster teams doesn’t exactly help with that quite the way playing with a top 2-way team for a decade does.

Right now he is doing all he can to carry the Devils in a way I don’t think any other player in the poll could and for the reason he is the best of the bunch.

Oh he has had a fantastic season, true.

Reactions: BeastoftheEast85

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Can't ignore what Marchand is doing the last two seasons. Would have put Benn over Hall and Giroux going into the year, but another disappointing season and huge seasons by Hall and Giroux push Benn to last for now. Hall and Giroux is pretty close. I tend to like Giroux's game a bit more though.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Marchand should be compared to Malkin/McDavid/Kucherov for offense at this point.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars fan voting Marchand. Pretty easily better than all of them right now. Giroux would be next for me, then Hall then Benn for this year. Benn has had a couple of "down" years in a row now despite still putting up basically 70 points in each of them.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
[mod]

Marchand has now 75 points in 56 games and 2 periods. Hall has 77 in 67 games. I would gladly see how you explain 67 games being less than 56. I think it's mission impossible...
So one season where Marchand’s most common linemates are Bergeron and Pastrnak and Hall’s are Hischier and Bratt/Palmieri, but lets ignore Hall having more points in less games over their careers, pushes 5v5 play much more, and is clearly the better offensive player with less help.

You like the Bruins, we get it

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So one season where Marchand’s most common linemates are Bergeron and Pastrnak and Hall’s are Hischier and Bratt/Palmieri, but lets ignore Hall having more points in less games over their careers, pushes 5v5 play much more, and is clearly the better offensive player with less help.

You like the Bruins, we get it
Who is "we"? :laugh:
The "we" up here are voting for Marchand 2 1/2 times more than Hall. That's the only "we" in here.

As it is this year (and as it already was last year), Marchand is superior to Hall in every facet of the game.
And he is better in every facet of the game while playing a top-notch level 200 ft game. And he is better in every facet of the game while playing 2 minutes of PK a night (vs none for Hall) and while playing a minute and a half less at 5vs5 than Hall.
Heck, you can even go back and discover that Marchand has been producing at a steady 1.30 ppg for close to the past ONE HUNDRED GAMES he played.
Like I already said, there's literally nothing that Hall is superior to Marchand. Prove me wrong.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Who is "we"? :laugh:
The "we" up here are voting for Marchand 2 1/2 times more than Hall. That's the only "we" in here.

As it is this year (and as it already was last year), Marchand is superior to Hall in every facet of the game.
And he is better in every facet of the game while playing a top-notch level 200 ft game. And he is better in every facet of the game while playing 2 minutes of PK a night (vs none for Hall) and while playing a minute and a half less at 5vs5 than Hall.
Heck, you can even go back and discover that Marchand has been producing at a steady 1.30 ppg for close to the past ONE HUNDRED GAMES he played.
Like I already said, there's literally nothing that Hall is superior to Marchand. Prove me wrong.
A vote as to who is better isnt a vote for who is more offensive, which you said Marchand is better at than Hall. Which simply isn’t true.

Hall has more points in less games - he is the better offensive player who has worse linemates. Its fine really, Marchand can still be the better player without being better offensively.

And where is Marchand’s 26 game point streak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad