Confirmed with Link: Halischuk, 1-year, 2-way $725,000

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
I like his speed, he does produce points at a reasonable rate, he's okay on the PK, um, he's probably a good guy in the locker room? :laugh:

The term "tweener" gets thrown around too often, but it fits Halischuk pretty well. He's not talented enough to play in a scoring role, and he's woeful at chance prevention in a checking line role. Putting him on any line almost guarantees that line spends most of their time in the defensive zone.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Halischuk ends up being like Spencer Machacek was a few years ago. I just really, really, really hope he doesn't get penciled in to a third line role at the start of the year.

I don't think you have much to worry about there. Fourth line, perhaps, but then again I thought the term tweener was a reference to his age or something. Y'know what they say, in hockey, 25 is the new 18..in that case Halischuk is poised to start producing greasy goals on a line with Jim Slater. This is not a bad signing at all, even if he doesn't make the team, Hali is a great guy to enter ANY teams bottom six.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
At least it's a two-way. Hopefully he doesn't start the year on the roster.

I cant remember, who's on two way again Peluso and Hali?
That leaves
Tangradi Slater Thorburn
Only one of the the two stay as 13th forward and the other gets sent down as I think we'll keep 8 D with Ellerby and Pardy being 7-8.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Well, Bogo thinks he's the nicest human on Earth, so that's got to count for something right? right? ;)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder how much of an influence Maurice has been in the re-signings. We spoke about how Chevy will speak to him to get his input and I know it's not his job to be GM, but maybe he is involved in getting back the likes of Stu, Thor and Hali as 6-7 or 12-13 guys.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Really don't know what Chevy is doing.

I'm a realist and I know players don't want to sign here, but could he really not do any better than Halischuk and Ellerby?

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Setoguchi and Wright next. Looks like we're fielding the exact same team as last year swapping Olli for Mathieu.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
:handclap:

Chevy you genious, what a glorious signing! Best in the West Baby! :yo:

Really though, this is getting ridiculous. Next year is going to be really, really painful aside from maybe the draft if we get a good spot.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Puke.

I understand that it's not necessarily an option to add a bunch of top 6 forwards, but probably the biggest weakness of this team outside of the goal are the bottom 6 forwards, and we sign them all back, replace Jokinen with Perrault. Should be able to do better than that. We should be turning the bottom 6 over just through attrition, especially as a bottom third team.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
:handclap:

Chevy you genious, what a glorious signing! Best in the West Baby! :yo:

Really though, this is getting ridiculous. Next year is going to be really, really painful aside from maybe the draft if we get a good spot.

Next year is going to be rough to watch.....depressing year again. :shakehead

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not sure why people think this signing makes us worse. He's at least as good as Tangradi/Thorburn/Peluso, just with a different bag of tricks. You've got to have depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad