Confirmed with Link: Halischuk, 1-year, 2-way $725,000

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
im confident the plan is to tank

You're giving this organisation too much credit. Most of us here would be in much better spirits if it seemed like there was a semblence of a plan (even if the plan was to tank). But I don't think they have a plan- infact the plan seems to be HOPE that's it :laugh:

boanst

May 25, 2013
Has anybody else noticed that our team looks a lot like last year's team?

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Halischuk Slater Thorburn

(Halischuk takes draws when Slater inevitably gets kicked out)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Two way deal , deep depth protection , of course the negative , over reactions came instantly .[mod]

None of these things are happening in a vacuum you know. By itself this isn't the end of the world...but combined with all the other little things that have and haven't happened this off-season and it pretty much adds up to one big facepalm. It's nice that you don't see things that way, but apparently a lot of us do and so perhaps its possible that maybe just maybe you are the guy who's perception is scewed? Just possibly?

just sayin...

:)

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
You're giving this organisation too much credit. Most of us here would be in much better spirits if it seemed like there was a semblence of a plan (even if the plan was to tank). But I don't think they have a plan- infact the plan seems to be HOPE that's it :laugh:

I'm trying my best to stay optimistic but I fear you may be right here. We just seem directionless and Chevy just seems to be hoping like hell that the kids will come on leaps and bounds and take the league by storm. There is a chance but bringing in some fresh (good) faces wouldn't hurt. He either can't or doesn't want to.

What's the plan Chevy???

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

It's a two-pronged plan: hope and prayer.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
James Wright signing announcement coming any day now! Perhaps Chevy will go back and give Randy Jones and Antti Mietnnen deals for old times' sake

seasontixholder*

This just in. Jets re-sign Setoguchi. Whew! It was a nightmare. Just woke up.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA

Welp, it worked for Obama.

Clearly the plan is to not be better. Its seeming more and more obvious to me, and i feel slightly scared. You cant get a core to win, you cant get them to tank properly either.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm afraid that Chevy is dusting off his hands right now and saying, "Well, that takes care of our 3rd line!" And we won't see a legitimate 3rd line signing.

seasontixholder*

I'm afraid that Chevy is dusting off his hands right now and saying, "Well, that takes care of our 3rd line!" And we won't see a legitimate 3rd line signing.

He'd have to put down his fishing rod at the lake in order to dust off his hands.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Perreault was a very legitimate 3rd line signing.

So far, our 3rd line is Buff / Kane-Perreault-O'Dell.

Do you see anyone on the free agent market better than Buff or Kane?

How much more would you prefer a player like Stempniak to O'Dell on the 3rd line, especially since Stempniak would have cost more and been just a one-year solution?

boanst

May 25, 2013

Im afraid he may have said that after signing Thorburn.

RaakaArska

Jul 14, 2014
Oh boy..atleast it's two-way

Can't wait to see this board explode when we resign that natural goal scorer dude Wright!:nod:

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Perreault was a very legitimate 3rd line signing.

So far, our 3rd line is Buff / Kane-Perreault-O'Dell.

Do you see anyone on the free agent market better than Buff or Kane?

How much more would you prefer a player like Stempniak to O'Dell on the 3rd line, especially since Stempniak would have cost more and been just a one-year solution?

A FA doesn't have to be better than Buff or Kane, they just have to be better than O'Dell. And I would have much preferred Stempniak on our 3rd line than O'Dell.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Sign all the borderline NHLers!

ALL_THE_THINGS.jpg

Seriously though, I don't really understand what this is supposed to accomplish. Even if Halischuk is just a call-up, why is Chevy wasting resources on marginal players that have little or no developmental upside?

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Sign all the borderline NHLers!

Seriously though, I don't really understand what this is supposed to accomplish. Even if Halischuk is just a call-up, why is Chevy wasting resources on marginal players that have little or no developmental upside?

It's because he's seen the #whatchevydidtoday hashtag on twitter one too many times. I hope you're all happy.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
:facepalm:

I dont understand why we did this. Hali looked alright occasionally last year before he got hurt, but we have better options.

Only way I dont hate it is if he stays on the rock.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Wait...........I thought people liked Hally?

I like his speed, he does produce points at a reasonable rate, he's okay on the PK, um, he's probably a good guy in the locker room? :laugh:

The term "tweener" gets thrown around too often, but it fits Halischuk pretty well. He's not talented enough to play in a scoring role, and he's woeful at chance prevention in a checking line role. Putting him on any line almost guarantees that line spends most of their time in the defensive zone.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Halischuk ends up being like Spencer Machacek was a few years ago. I just really, really, really hope he doesn't get penciled in to a third line role at the start of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad