Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
But why rush him though?

My guess is that you will see MacKinnon back before Drouin.

But MacKinnon hasn't been rushed... he could have returned at any opoint over the last week or so. He'll still need a few games to get his game legs back under him.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I suppose when you've already clinched the #1 spot in the regular season, you can afford to be extra cautious. As long as the big guns are ready for the playoffs, that's what matters now.
And it doesn't hurt that our depth guys have had to take on more responsibility with the injuries, they'll need to get used to raising their level of play as well.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Is Drouin's point streak still going even if he sat out? Is it personal games played in a row or just games in general.

I know... stupid question right? :laugh:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
No problem!! In actuality, his current streak started Nov. 30th, so if they ended the streak when he missed a game with Halifax, it would have ended when he left for Team Canada.

Know what else is crazy? Not only has he had a point in every game he's played in 3 and a half months but he's had points in all but 3 games this year

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Kind of a boring game tonight. But a win nonetheless. I heard lots of fight chants whenever a scrum would break out. But this one was a fairly tame game.

kalvincline

Nov 8, 2010
Halifax, NS
I think it's safe to assume MacKinnon's injury is worse than first thought. He's been out over a month (14 games). There's resting a valuable player and then there's a legit injury. There's only 3 games remaining before playoffs so I can't believe they would not put him back in the lineup to get back into the flow.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think it's safe to assume MacKinnon's injury is worse than first thought. He's been out over a month (14 games). There's resting a valuable player and then there's a legit injury. There's only 3 games remaining before playoffs so I can't believe they would not put him back in the lineup to get back into the flow.

Willy Palov just tweeted saying that he's likely to return Wednesday.

Also very sad to hear about Stephen MacAulay's mom passing away. Tough to hear someone having to go through something like that who's the same age as me, let alone someone that I played with/against for a lot of years. Hits pretty close to home. Hopefully he gets all the time he needs.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ugh, moved from Halifax to Toronto in January and it sucks I'm going to miss this playoff drought. I gotta get my buddy to send me a t-shirt so I can rep the boys when I go to the bars in Toronto. :yo:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
MacKinnon and Lovell are back for tonight, but Ashley, Abeltshauser, Hardie, MacAulay, and Falkenham are out.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Although very surprised , glad to see him back in the lineup. How'd he play ?

I didn't see the game, but just the fact that he is back already is pretty amazing.

I think he can be forgiven if he plays a little tentatively for the next little while, that was a very nasty injury.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
The three longest active point streaks in the Q belong to Moose players ... Drouin at 29, Ashley at 15, and MacKinnon at 12. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad