Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Anyone know when the CHL puts out it's next top-10? If Halifax isn't at the top by now then it's a damn joke..
- Highest win%..
- Haven't lost a total of 10 games
- Two less wins than Portland in 6 less games

Also, why does the WHL get to play more games in a season? OHL and QMJHL play 68, WHL plays 72... I'm not accepting that they have more teams as a reason, as the OHL has more teams than the Q, yet they play the same amount.

Everyone thinks they're a joke, which is why I wonder why so many Moose fans make a big deal of why we're not #1 lol .... That being said, Portland lost for the first time in awhile last night, so you have to think we would regain the #1 position ... But then again, they're a joke so who cares.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Everyone thinks they're a joke, which is why I wonder why so many Moose fans make a big deal of why we're not #1 lol .... That being said, Portland lost for the first time in awhile last night, so you have to think we would regain the #1 position ... But then again, they're a joke so who cares.

This.

They hold no bearing on anything... just bragging rights for the fans.

Edit: They are #1.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
This.

They hold no bearing on anything... just bragging rights for the fans.

Edit: They are #1.

That was quick! When I made my post, the newsfeed on the CHL website had the "BMO ULTIMATE CHL FANS SCORE TRIP TO MASTERCARD MEMORIAL CUP" as the headline, and it's now the 4th slide.

Perhaps someone from the site saw my post and decided to update it? :sarcasm:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Halifax and Portland both have such incredible teams this season that losing just a single game gets you knocked out of first place.
Wow. It's not often that teams are actually expected to win every night.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Out shot 50-39? Yikes.

I'll chalk that up to road fatigue and the 3 in 3. A win is a win, makes it 10 in a row.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Out shot 50-39? Yikes.

I'll chalk that up to road fatigue and the 3 in 3. A win is a win, makes it 10 in a row.

Having no Trey Lewis must have hurt as well. I was worried about our depth on D after the trade deadline and I think my worries were well founded.

As much as I love this team, and as much as I do believe we have great chance at the QMJHL title, I just can't see this team winning the Memorial Cup.
Yes, it's a very short tournament so anything can happen, but the defense that teams like Portland and London have are just on a whole other level. Portland especially. Aside from Seth Jones they've also got Derrick Pouliot, the 8th overall pick last year, Troy Rutkowski, their captain and former 5th round pick averaging around a PPG, and Tyler Wotherspoon, a 2nd round pick who made Team Canada for the WJC. London's no slouch with guys like Olli Maatta and Scott Harrington.
We just don't come anywhere close to matching those teams on defense.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Having no Trey Lewis must have hurt as well. I was worried about our depth on D after the trade deadline and I think my worries were well founded.

As much as I love this team, and as much as I do believe we have great chance at the QMJHL title, I just can't see this team winning the Memorial Cup.
Yes, it's a very short tournament so anything can happen, but the defense that teams like Portland and London have are just on a whole other level. Portland especially. Aside from Seth Jones they've also got Derrick Pouliot, the 8th overall pick last year, Troy Rutkowski, their captain and former 5th round pick averaging around a PPG, and Tyler Wotherspoon, a 2nd round pick who made Team Canada for the WJC. London's no slouch with guys like Olli Maatta and Scott Harrington.

I was also worried about the defense after the deadline.

The thing is that a GM needs to build his team to win the league they play in. You can't worry about the Memorial Cup because it's such a crap shoot.

Even with the questions on defense, I still think we are the team to beat for the QMJHL title. You then take your chances in the Memorial Cup.

IMO London is overrated.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I was also worried about the defense after the deadline.

The thing is that a GM needs to build his team to win the league they play in. You can't worry about the Memorial Cup because it's such a crap shoot.

Even with the questions on defense, I still think we are the team to beat for the QMJHL title. You then take your chances in the Memorial Cup.

IMO London is overrated.
We're definitely the team to beat in the Q. Just can't see playing seven games against anyone else and losing four times.
Still, if you're going to build a championship team in any league, you have to be careful leaving depth on D so bare. With Lovell out we really can't afford to lose anyone else in the playoffs.
Not trying to be pessimistic, just cautious. He could probably do it, but I don't want to rely on Fucale to bail us out all through the playoffs.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Stolen from Reesor, here's our injury situation ...

MacKinnon - Starts skating tomorrow but won't be playing this week.

Lewis - Over his concussion, but has to get back into game shape. Should be back at some point this week.

Falkenham - Doubtful for this week, but is close.

Lovell - A month away probably ... Round 2 at the earliest maybe?

Falkenham and Nate seems like a week or more away, so don't rush them, there's no need ... Lewis is ready to skate again but I'd rather have him 110% than sluggish throughout the post-season ...

Drouin may also be day-to-day.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011

No, but it's not like our D is terrible or way behind theirs ... We lead the Q in GA, and are right up their with London.

Maybe we have the offense that London and Portland can't come close to matching? We do average a full goal more than London, and 0.6 more goals than Portland per game ... Portland have a very good top line and top 4 D, but the thing with Halifax is no one can match our bottom-6 ... Having MacAulay, Fournier and Andrews in the "bottom two" lines is something no team in the country can match.

Our top line might be the best in the CHL too, and having 3 lines with a 30 goal-scorer on each is nice ...

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Moose lose 8-7 in overtime.

Didn't watch the game, but did the defense take a dump tonight or could Clarke not stop a beach ball?

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Going to the next couple upcoming home games should be fun. Any word on Drouin's status, he's got a scoring title to win!

For the Moose brass, in the grand scheme of things, a scoring title is totally irrelevant to the team goals on the long run.

Drouin will be sidelined for as long as needed and will get ready for the playoffs.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Moose lose 8-7 in overtime.

Didn't watch the game, but did the defense take a dump tonight or could Clarke not stop a beach ball?

Well Clarkey only had 22 shots on him. Apparently he just **** the bed.

For the Moose brass, in the grand scheme of things, a scoring title is totally irrelevant to the team goals on the long run.

Drouin will be sidelined for as long as needed and will get ready for the playoffs.

I think Drouin will be back in against Moncton from what I've heard. Maybe Nate too but that's pushing it probably.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I think Drouin will be back in against Moncton from what I've heard. Maybe Nate too but that's pushing it probably.[/QUOTE]

But why rush him though?

My guess is that you will see MacKinnon back before Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad