Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Hey folks, if you want to tune into Sportsnet for some College hockey (SMU vs Waterloo).. former Moosehead Ryan Hillier is playing for Saint Mary's.. He's #17.
Also, Brad Marchand's brother is playing for Saint Mary's as well.. he's #21.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Good end to a spectacular season. Too bad Drouin didn't win the scoring title. With 58 wins we tied the league record for wins in a season. 120 pts is a hell of an accomplishment but it won't mean anything if we don't win it all.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
So now with all these pointless games out of the way, we can get back to watching some exciting hockey! These last 4 home games have been excruciatingly boring.

Bonus for me is that the people around me are finally getting sick of those 2 old men that spend all game ripping on Frk. It's section 7's very own Statler and Waldorf! It's like they come specifically to the game to pick apart Frk for no apparent reason and it's awfully annoying. So every time they start ragging on him, we will cheer louder for Marty. The best today was the little old lady in section 6, "oh would you shut up!":laugh:

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So now with all these pointless games out of the way, we can get back to watching some exciting hockey! These last 4 home games have been excruciatingly boring.

Bonus for me is that the people around me are finally getting sick of those 2 old men that spend all game ripping on Frk. It's section 7's very own Statler and Waldorf! It's like they come specifically to the game to pick apart Frk for no apparent reason and it's awfully annoying. So every time they start ragging on him, we will cheer louder for Marty. The best today was the little old lady in section 6, "oh would you shut up!":laugh:

:laugh: That's funny.

I have the same thing in front of me in Section 6. Blames Fucale for everything. My dad almost punched him on multiple occasions.

NS Bluenoser

Sep 25, 2012

Those people are so annoying (not the people you are talking about, but their type). Frk has been excellent for most of the year, he has had lots of nice goals and assists, and has stayed pretty disciplined. Why should he be yelled at all game? Its sad when people make up their mind that they don`t like someone and it dominates their game experience (and others around them).

I`ve had people around me in the past who literally sit with their arms folded, emotionless, unless its to scream at a certain player. What a miserable way to take in a game.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I'm a flagmatic by nature so I don't do a bunch of hooting and hollering (I fist pump and cheer after a goal or clap after a nice play)... but those 2 guys above me do nothing BUT rag on Frk, even after he makes a nice play. Why they would pay their money just do this is beyond me. Most of the time it doesn't even make any sense as they will blam Marty for everything, including things he had no control of.

We all make comments from time to time when a player does something bad, but the comment is justified. I hate illogical people...

They sure do love Chiampini though... that kid can do no wrong and if he makes a mistake they will come back with "oh at least he's trying".

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Those people are so annoying (not the people you are talking about, but their type). Frk has been excellent for most of the year, he has had lots of nice goals and assists, and has stayed pretty disciplined. Why should he be yelled at all game? Its sad when people make up their mind that they don`t like someone and it dominates their game experience (and others around them).

I`ve had people around me in the past who literally sit with their arms folded, emotionless, unless its to scream at a certain player. What a miserable way to take in a game.

At the start of the year I'd complain but Frk has played an extremely disciplined game for most of the season. Ducharme really cracked down on him. Not to mention he has developed great chemistry with MacK and Drouin.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Must be a lot of guys like that at Mooseheads games.
I remember being at a game probably about 10 years ago, and I was right behind two old men doing nothing but yell at players, even if they'd score the guys would say something like "He should have five goals tonight".
Kept calling all the players by their first names as well, as if they actually knew them.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Must be a lot of guys like that at Mooseheads games.
I remember being at a game probably about 10 years ago, and I was right behind two old men doing nothing but yell at players, even if they'd score the guys would say something like "He should have five goals tonight".
Kept calling all the players by their first names as well, as if they actually knew them.

Must be the same guys! :laugh:

It's always the first name with them. Marty this, Marty that. They like to pick on Konrad as well... "Hey Konrad, do you know the way to San Jose!"

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Must be the same guys! :laugh:

It's always the first name with them. Marty this, Marty that. They like to pick on Konrad as well... "Hey Konrad, do you know the way to San Jose!"

In fairness Konrad's play has slipped compared to what it was in the first half of the season.

It boggles me that they love Ciampini.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I'm a flagmatic by nature so I don't do a bunch of hooting and hollering (I fist pump and cheer after a goal or clap after a nice play)... but those 2 guys above me do nothing BUT rag on Frk, even after he makes a nice play. Why they would pay their money just do this is beyond me. Most of the time it doesn't even make any sense as they will blam Marty for everything, including things he had no control of.

We all make comments from time to time when a player does something bad, but the comment is justified. I hate illogical people...

They sure do love Chiampini though... that kid can do no wrong and if he makes a mistake they will come back with "oh at least he's trying".

That's odd you would think ... If any player on the Mooseheads would receive criticism I would probably be Ciampini, until this year ... #2 overall pick, skating issues, consistency issues .... I could see where they were at least coming from ... Frk took a few bad penalties in the beginning of the season but I really can't see anything else that would provoke that ... I know he came to NA with a "mean-streak" and having a reputation for being a hot head, but either I don't see it or Ducharme's done a great job controlling it.

No noticeable outbreaks in his rookie year, a few in last years playoffs ... Aren't all hockey players emotional though? I think it is/was a smaller issue then it's played out to be IMO.

Speaking of Ciampini and Frk ... Luca scored 25 goals and had 71 points ... His skating improved and he showed his great hockey IQ this year ... He had great chemistry with his linemates and always made some great decisions with the puck ... 45 assists hard to argue.

84 points for Marty and finished 13th in the league in scoring in a shortened year for him ... This is what we brought him over here for, and his likely final year it's starting to pay off ... I hope he adds something extra to the Nate-Jo line as we all know what they did last playoffs.

/praise lol

What row in Section 7 by the way ... Maybe I will purchase a Czech Frk jersey, wear bells and yell every time he gets the puck ... Although if all these guys do is complain someone will beat me to it lol.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
What row in Section 7 by the way ... Maybe I will purchase a Czech Frk jersey, wear bells and yell every time he gets the puck ... Although if all these guys do is complain someone will beat me to it lol.

They are in Row O, seat 14 and 15.

I'll probably end up telling them off at some point these playoffs.... though the little old lady in section 6 is doing a fine job calling them out. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad