Confirmed with Link: Hainsey (50% retained) to PIT for a 2nd & Danny Kristo

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hainsey goes for a 2nd + Kristo to PIT. Boom! Called it along with a few others here. Thanks JR!

Hainsey likely to end his 800+ game no-playoff streak. Hopefully we now get to see Fleury/Carrick as well as what Hanifin can do in an expanded role.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Hainsey goes for a 2nd + Kristo to PIT. Boom! Called it along with a few others here. Thanks JR!

Hainsey likely to end his 800+ game no-playoff streak. Hopefully we now get to see Fleury/Carrick as well as what Hanifin can do in an expanded role.

Called this/begged for this. Made too much sense.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I was thinking a third, but that's awesome. And as I was saying last night, Ronnie likes to get started early.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I loved Kristo for Team USA, but he's never had his cup of coffee at age 26, so that signifies this solely as a deal for Charlotte.

Unless...Stempniak is getting dealt? His numbers in the AHL have been pretty ok, so maybe Ronnie wants to try him out at RW for the remainder of the season, or a replacement is needed for a Checker intended to be called up.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
50% retention, not that that matters a whole lot for the rest of the year.

Completely expected. They're done retaining salaries i think so they still have 2 more they can retain on this year so it shouldn't make any difference.

Also, the Hurricanes would have 10 picks in a ****** draft.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Better return than expected! Hope to see Fleury or Carrick called up to see what they can do. Also would like to see Hanifin and Faulk start playing together to see if they can build some chemistry.

Happy for Ronster getting the opportunity to play in the playoffs for the first time in his career.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
When we were still in the race, I was against trading him- key leadership role in the room, and I thought the potential disruption from losing him wouldn't be worth getting the pick. Now? Yeah.

Good luck in Pittsburgh Ron. Enjoy the playoffs.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Completely expected. They're done retaining salaries i think so they still have 2 more they can retain on this year so it shouldn't make any difference.

Also, the Hurricanes would have 10 picks in a ****** draft.

It does suck about the quality of the draft, but there are good players even in bad drafts, and having more tickets is a way to find them. Canes have obviously been good drafting in that area recently. And three seconds are definitely some pretty good currency for hopefully a bigger move in the offseason, even in a bad draft. At the very least, I don't see RF doing like JR a few years ago and wasting a 2nd on Nash and Sanguinetti types.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Happy that Hainsey finally gets to the playoffs and a good shot at a Cup... Sad that we are officially throwing in the towel for the season...

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Good luck Hand Grenade Hainsey...enjoy the playoffs...but not too much, I can't stand ****tsburgh and don't want them to win the Cup.

A 2nd is honestly more than I thought we would get, probably because of the 50% retention, which is like nothing for us this year...especially if it improves our draft pick. And I remember a lot of hype around Kristo after being drafted and WJC, looks like he's been on 2x teams this year and struggled, but was previously a 25-25 type guy in the AHL. Maybe you give him a shot where PDG, Ryan, McGinn, even Stemps have struggled?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think the real reason Hainsey fetched a second was his big time performance during that cancelled game. He was so clutch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad