GDT: Habs vs Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Hope for points for Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf, and hope that Monty somehow get a good % in a defeat in regulation time

Reactions: Pomee

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So... Habs fans have all checked out huh? All off on spring break or something? I'm still watching. I don't know why. But... here I am. A sucker for punishment.
There hasn't been much to cheer for in the last 10 years and now we are rebuilding. I think that many of us are at the point where we are willing to wait and see how it goes without really getting to excited about 3-4 promising kids and a boatload of anchors.

The toughest thing for me to endure is our lack of skill. I just can't appreciate the dump-and-chase that leads to nothing. If we had some skill the losses wouldn't matter as much but it's just so boring in it's current form. The Coyotes are miles ahead of us in that department but we always end up finding the next goalie phenom that makes us look better than we are but the skill is nowhere to be found.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
There hasn't been much to cheer for in the last 10 years and now we are rebuilding. I think that many of us are at the point where we are willing to wait and see how it goes without really getting to excited about 3-4 promising kids and a boatload of anchors.

The toughest thing for me to endure is our lack of skill. I just can't appreciate the dump-and-chase that leads to nothing. If we had some skill the losses wouldn't matter as much but it's just so boring in it's current form. The Coyotes are miles ahead of us in that department but we always end up finding the next goalie phenom that makes us look better than we are but the skill is nowhere to be found.
Pure truth. It's not an easy watch by any stretch.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I'd have to say it's been easier to watch the team this year than I was expecting it would be. Maybe it was low expectations?

I think it's more that MSL has the team playing an offensive-minded style of hockey, and in spite of the Habs being one of the least skilled lineups, it's been entertaining as we've had a chance to see some numbers being put up by our younger players.

Reactions: Habs13

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Roy and Xhekaj, two best reasons to watch.

Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Newhook, Guhle are also nice to follow. Hopefully Montembault and Matheson too.

Reactions: Habs13

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Ready for game day action!

1709251344506.jpeg

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

Just summed up the last 30 years.

Last PPG was Kovalev in '07-08. Last 100pts season was Naslund in '85-86.

This franchise has been a offensive blackhole since I've been following it. I'm 39.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00