Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Jiri Sekac (2 years)

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
From Eric Engels on Twitter

Jiri Sekac has his sights set on the NHL...and he's likely to get there this season http://t.co/EXIVLDPEAd

#Habs

That paints him in a pretty awesome light... I really hope the hype is deserved, we can use another good, hard working and skilled player like he appears to be.

Outside the speculation, I'm glad he said he wouldn't bail out should he be sent to the AHL, that shows he's dedicated and determined to make the NHL.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
That paints him in a pretty awesome light... I really hope the hype is deserved, we can use another good, hard working and skilled player like he appears to be.

Outside the speculation, I'm glad he said he wouldn't bail out should he be sent to the AHL, that shows he's dedicated and determined to make the NHL.

He's an interesting wild card. Nobody really knows much about him on this side of the pond so it's all buzz shot through with hope based on that tantalizing bits that have been seen.

What happens when talent meets competition is what is really interesting.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I may be entirely wrong but from my slight exposure to Czech (I've visited Praha [Prague] twice) I have a feeling his name may be pronounced something like Sea-cats or She-cats. I also think Plekanec is pronounced as Pleh-kah-netz. I'm pretty sure about the final "c" in those names.

Last edited:

DailyKaizen

I may be entirely wrong but from my slight exposure to Czech (I've visited Praha [Prague] twice) I have a feeling his name may be pronounced something like Sea-cats or She-cats. I also think Plekanec is pronounced as Pleh-kah-netz. I'm pretty sure about the final "c" in those names.

In the KHL highlights I have seen...if memory serves me...it sounded like "see-catch" or for those who speak French it actually was more like "c'est-catch"

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Pierre Houde is quite anal regarding how names are pronounced, so whatever he says is most likely the correct pronunciation.

Both him and Denis have a really good french. I like that. Denis has come quite into his own since his humble beginnings. I really like them as a duo after the short-lived Brunet era.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

Me too. Twice also. The first time, around autumn 2000, I was sightseeing in the Old Town and walked up to a tv interview taking place on Charles Bridge, a older gent, who I recognized, with an extremely large bodyguard preventing me from getting close, and a very good-looking female interviewer. The bodyguard confirmed that it was Vaclav Havel. Doesn't get any bigger than that in the Czech Republic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad