Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Gignac

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Would like to see him and Newhook together as their speed would be fun to watch, while also it'd allow Newhook to play the wing where he is a lot better.

Reactions: NewDef and 1909

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I like that kind of feel good story. Signing a contract like that after so much years in the AHL is a huge game changer for a player like him. It kind of makes Tavares' $8M problem seems shallow.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
As I mentioned elsewhere, these new arrivals tend to go all out and overperform as they are usually desperate to show that the org made the right decision in extending an opportunity.
Yeah it's hard to gage even after the first 20 or so games.

I liked him whenever I seen him. Could do a lot worse in your bottom 6 that's for sure

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Really liked his game today. If he competes as hard as he did today he should have a spot on the 4th line locked up for next year.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Really liked his game today. If he competes as hard as he did today he should have a spot on the 4th line locked up for next year.

I like him. We should wait until the adrenaline wears off though from pkayingbhis first few NHL games.

I also would like him to have a spot if he can keep pkaying like this. But whose spot is he taking?

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Dach _______
RHP Dvo/Monahan Anderson
Gallagher Evan's Ylonen
Pez, Armia, Roy

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
I like him. We should wait until the adrenaline wears off though from pkayingbhis first few NHL games.

I also would like him to have a spot if he can keep pkaying like this. But whose spot is he taking?

Caufield Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Dach _______
RHP Dvo/Monahan Anderson
Gallagher Evan's Ylonen
Pez, Armia, Roy
As Bob Hartley said this week, I dont think Ylonen is an NHL player. So him!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As Bob Hartley said this week, I dont think Ylonen is an NHL player. So him!
I'd like to see Ylonen and Gignac get good ice time down the stretch. Hopefully we move at least Pearson to help that. Then we can see who's an NHLer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
if we can move Pearson great but there is really no good reason to play Pearson more than those 2
it's happening and it drives me bananas. If there's no market for him at the TDL, he should be sent down to Laval to help with the AHL playoff push. Do something useful for the organization.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Gignac possible third line center next season?
There's lot's of unheralded guys getting their " steaks " these last couple of years and I know we like it when these guys, young or older, get a shot. Except for a guy maybe two, these guys won't stick.

So RHP looked great in year 1, now maybe the adrenaline has worn off. Gignac sure give him a try. Now is the time to see if we have a Paul Byron in our own group to fit into the bottom 6, or maybe Kovacevic as the 6th- 7th guy longer term.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Gignac possible third line center next season?
No
It'll be either Dvo (if not moved, but doubt it) or even Evans
While they keep the spot warm until Owen Beck is called up a few months into the season

Gignac will be a decent winger to have on the line tho, I can see him staying (but we all saw RHP 'staying' a bit too)
So we'll cross that bridge when we get there

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No
It'll be either Dvo (if not moved, but doubt it) or even Evans
While they keep the spot warm until Owen Beck is called up a few months into the season

Gignac will be a decent winger to have on the line tho, I can see him staying (but we all saw RHP 'staying' a bit too)
So we'll cross that bridge when we get there
Yeah I think Gignac will end up playing W/C hybrid on the 4th line. He's looking very useful as a utility guy. Very happy for him

Reactions: Redux91

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I love the wheels, it’s a great option to be able and flip it behind the D and have him easily be first on that puck.

Wing would be a good spot, why not? Hasn’t looked out of place to me at all.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Could be next Paul Byron. A lot of players didn't make it until they were 25, Gourde be example.
I believe it was Gourde, where he and his gf had a talk and they agreed he'd only play 1 more year and if nothing came of it, he'd retire.

Now he males 5 mill, or whatever his contract is a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00