Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Gignac

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He’d absolutely get claimed. Laval is screwed and this really does nothing for this years’ Habs. I really don’t like this. They’ll probably end up bringing other guys up as well , depending on any deadline moves.

Love Gignac, but people who are excited to see what he can do need to remember the team that he’s coming into and who he’s going to play with. I highly doubt he’ll be successful this year.

Who is claiming Gignac to keep him on the NHL roster?

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Some players are late bloomers. Sometimes it seems like AHL late bloomers don’t get the look they would deserve in the big league, because they are already labeled. Happy Habs give the guy a chance, he has speed and heart, could be a solid 4th liner. I expect him to be noticeably better then Stephens, Condotta and Pezz.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Please don’t call him up this year. Otherwise, goodbye playoffs for Laval. Of course, I know they probably will.
I think seeing what he’s got to maybe be on the roster next year is more important than the AHL playoffs

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Glad to see Gignac signed and get an opportunity to play in the NHL.

It sucks for Laval, but it is the right message to send to guys in Laval that if you put the work in you'll get rewarded.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
wonder if they bring him up soon?
He is already up. They can't send him down without putting him on waivers though. Laval may not see him again this season

What’s his shot/Def like?
His shot from what I have seen is decent. He backs Dmen up quickly with his speed. He is also a good penalty killer.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm a bit confused here as I was under the impression that due to him already having been signed by NJ to his ELC that when we signed him that he would need to clear waivers first because of signing him after December but for this season.

Capfriendly has him listed off the roster as REGISTRATION PENDING, which I've never heard of before.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I think seeing what he’s got to maybe be on the roster next year is more important than the AHL playoffs
He’s , what? 26? With 1 game nhl experience and he never really dominated any league he’s played in. Until this year, he wasn’t really putting up points.I dont see how seeing what he’s got on a bottom 5 team is more important than having a successful ahl team. I’m not saying he couldn’t turn into something, but the odds are slim. Besides, he’s most likely going to be 3rd or 4th line playing with scrubs. What’s he going to do with that?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
RHP saying that Gignac is one of the fastest skaters he’s played with. Also mentioned Anthony Richard.

Jul 6, 2016
Good for the guy. He will probbly finish the season as center of the 4th line behind Suzuki-Newhook and Evans. He can play on a wing too. 33 games to go. It reminds me the arrival of RHP last season.

Reactions: windycity

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
He’s , what? 26? With 1 game nhl experience and he never really dominated any league he’s played in. Until this year, he wasn’t really putting up points.I dont see how seeing what he’s got on a bottom 5 team is more important than having a successful ahl team. I’m not saying he couldn’t turn into something, but the odds are slim. Besides, he’s most likely going to be 3rd or 4th line playing with scrubs. What’s he going to do with that?
I really don’t care I gave my opinion. Which seems the vast vast majority here agree with. People earn things

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
He’d absolutely get claimed. Laval is screwed and this really does nothing for this years’ Habs. I really don’t like this. They’ll probably end up bringing other guys up as well , depending on any deadline moves.

Love Gignac, but people who are excited to see what he can do need to remember the team that he’s coming into and who he’s going to play with. I highly doubt he’ll be successful this year.
What everyone seems to be forgetting that literally any team could have signed him at this point if they wanted to, I don’t think he gets claimed. Players opt out of AHL deals to sign more lucrative deals frequently he could have done that as well if an NHL offered him a 2 way.

Reactions: schwang26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad