GDT: Habs @ Sens - 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Fun question time for everyone:

Scenario 1.) We play out the rest of the season with our cup chances such as they are because #anythingcanhappen.

Scenario 2.) Those cup chances get old yellered but we get Dahlin.

Which would you choose and why?

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Fun question time for everyone:

Scenario 1.) We play out the rest of the season with our cup chances such as they are because #anythingcanhappen.

Scenario 2.) Those cup chances get old yellered but we get Dahlin.

Which would you choose and why?

I don't see how anyone can argue the first point, you'd have to be insane to bet on our team making noise in the playoffs. We trade away players that elevate their games in the playoffs, when we lack scoring we acquire grinders and our GM also trades prototypical "next gen" players in favour of old school sandpaper types.

My point being I obviously prefer scenario 2 but I don’t trust this management not to ruin Dahlin like they have our teams potential.

Last edited:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Simply put, Price sucks and is one of the worse goalies in the league this year. Not just statistically but play-wise. There are long stretches where it doesn't even look like it's Price in the net. He flops around like Jocelyn Thibault used to, and looks about as big in the net despite being much bigger.

Time to explore other options and give Price a little kick in the butt.

I get that he's been less than stellar but Montoya has a worse save percentage. I'd buy into it more if Montoya has been lights out. You very well could be right though.

Still seems odd.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
What's the point of winning if we end up finishing a couple of points out of the playoffs and a pick outside the Top-10?

It's either we tank now for 1-2 years and have a decent chance at the cup in ~4 years or we continue to go all in now and bomb our chances for the next 10+ years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The original quote is in French:

With a part two that gives props to Weber:

RDS's autobot translator renders Machabee's first tweet above, as follows:

rofl We all know Brassard meant what he said. But the rispek Weber got in this league makes him an untouchable. Basically if you talk about Weber to some Canadian media you better say he's the best ever or simply STFU or else you'll be in trouble.

Weber is a very good dman. One of the best of his generation. Unless he drops dead he'll be in the hof once he retires.

But god is he overrated. He has slowed down a bit in the last 2 years. He's still very good but yes fast players can make him look bad here and there. We have seen it on more than one occasion since last year.

I mean he gets the same rispek guys like Bourque or Pronger got and he's not even close to them. I would say he got more rispek among the Canadian dinosaurs than Lidstrom had which is sad. You could make a very good case about MacInnis being better than Weber and MacInnis as far as i can remember never got than kind of rispek.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't see how anyone can argue the first point, you'd have to be insane to bet on our team making noise in the playoffs. We trade away players that elevate their games in the playoffs, when we lack scoring we acquire grinders and our GM also trades prototypical "next gen" players in favour of old school sandpaper types.

My point being I prefer scenario obviously but I don’t trust this management not to ruin Dahlin like they have our teams potential.

I'm just curious to see if any of the #fanpolice will answer my question. Dis could be gud.

Reactions: King In Glory

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I'm just curious to see if any of the #fanpolice will answer my question. Dis could be gud.

They enjoy seeing the team winning games and believe that anything can happen in the playoffs, which isn't entirely false

just chill you're not a great scientist because you think it's better to tank, you come off as aggressive and insane

i'd much rather tank it's not even a question, i'm just not not running around with panties on my head like you're doing

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
They enjoy seeing the team winning games and believe that anything can happen in the playoffs, which isn't entirely false

just chill you're not a great scientist because you think it's better to tank, you come off as aggressive and insane

i'd much rather tank it's not even a question, i'm just not not running around with panties on my head like you're doing

giphy.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I, too, would love to see this team make the playoffs so we can draft another Michael McCarron and tie up money in a new stellar defenseman. Maybe Brooks Orpik?

Like Ellie Goulding, anything can happen.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
i'm digging this civil war thingy that's going on, both sides come off as insane it's great

What do you expect?

About 5 years ago, after 2 decades of futility and being a league joke the Habs were a team with such potential.

A young brilliant goalie, PK the stud D man, young LW sniper in Patches, a top line 3rd overall centre to be , a crazy young SOB who could score in Gallagher and a strapping young solid 3C in Eller

Finally, a piece here and there and we would contend for years, and win a Cup.

Five years later

Here we are

No Cup in sight....

What happened to that young talented team ?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
What do you expect?

About 5 years ago, after 2 decades of futility and being a league joke the Habs were a team with such potential.

A young brilliant goalie, PK the stud D man, young LW sniper in Patches, a top line 3rd overall centre to be , a crazy young SOB who could score in Gallagher and a strapping young solid 3C in Eller

Finally, a piece here and there and we would contend for years, and win a Cup.

Five years later

Here we are

No Cup in sight....

What happened to that young talented team ?

The team is far from old and those amazing pieces you refer to ended up not being good enough. They just aren't.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The team is far from old and those amazing pieces you refer to ended up not being good enough. They just aren't.

The overall team may be young, but those pieces are hitting 30.

Not good enough? No, not on their own, we needed a bit more. But that foundation was awesome.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
The overall team may be young, but those pieces are hitting 30.

Not good enough? No, not on their own, we needed a bit more. But that foundation was awesome.

A lot of awesome foundations aren't good enough is what I meant. There were a few exciting years but it was clear that something was missing we couldn't fill.

I do thing missing on Eric Staal is too bad.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
we gotta win six out of ten (in ten game increments).. we are 1-0 !! GIRD YOU'RE LOINS

I don't think that's the best way of looking at it. A season of hockey is a series of runs. We've had a bad one and at some point we'll have a good stretch to even things out. I mean, we're 5 points out of a playoff position with 71 games to go. We certainly aren't playing like a playoff team and I'm doubtful that our roster will get us there, but a lot can happen in 71 games.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The nasty people are the ones who don't agree with you, right?

So refresh my memory, was it Subban or Weber? Oh right...

Has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing it's the people who call people they dislike mentally ill or the people who say they dislike francophones.

less than a week ago i said we should fire bergevin. Still should. But if the Habs are gonna win they're gonna win no amount of attention seeking online is going to change that fact!

Jul 6, 2016
A lot of awesome foundations aren't good enough is what I meant. There were a few exciting years but it was clear that something was missing we couldn't fill.

I do thing missing on Eric Staal is too bad.

You cannot say that about UFA players. They are going WHERE they want.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What do you read into montoya starting? Is it just a case of price playing 10 of the first 11 games, or are they trying to let him reset a bit?

This decision allows price 5 days between starts for their next road trip, which by the way has b2b so we will probably see montoya again next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad