Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sens and fail to score any goals

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Shut Suzuki down for the rest of the season this is getting painful
They're playing the shit out of him too, constantly over 20 minutes...

He must be fine if they keep feeding him so many minutes... :huh::dunno:

Only Matheson got more minutes than him tonight.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh just the one game? I was hoping for 2.

I guess we'll see what they do on Tuesday. No one is expected back, so they'll call some else up from Laval?
Aren’t they also decimated in Laval? If not, maybe Tony Rocket gets another shot?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You know the one thing I noticed tonight was how much of a handful Kirby Dach has become.
He is a legitimate top line player in the making. Now I see why he was drafted 3rd overall and should have been sent back to junior to continue his development.
This guy needs time and better line mates than Badonov and Hoffman.

Aren’t they also decimated in Laval? If not, maybe Tony Rocket gets another shot?
They have several ECHL call ups.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I would have tried Beck on intelligence alone but maybe that's just me.
Hockey wise he can hang in there as well as our washed up vets, but psychologically he’s a 18 year old called from the CHL as an emergency recall. You don’t want him to feel like he’s responsible for this team’s success while he’s here… and possibly go down destroyed cause it didn’t work

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kudos to @zx81 for generating these AI outcomes for "curvy duck":

sfpx_mean_duck_playing_ice_hockey_7a29f71b-aade-443f-8cb5-1ec1fb2c1e0b.png

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I see that my prediction for the game almost came right.

Was it Ottawa or Montreal who played back-to-back game? :o

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
My power went out after the first period. I think the Habs somehow felt it too looking at the final score.

Good tank game, I guess... And I was spared from watching the crappy parts.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

He’s been off for so long they are killing him with minutes. It’s like all his athleticism, skill, and IQ disappeared. We all know he’s way better than this but I genuinely thought he would be close to 80 points this year when he might not even hit 60. He was spectacular at the start and something is clearly wrong for him to be like this for so long.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Once Monahan went down, he disappeared. Coincidence? I don't think so. But he's also logged a lot of ice so that might have something to do with it.

Caufield was our only consistent scoring threat this year. Different players have come hot and cold at different points but CC was our rock star. I thought it was going to be both he and Zuki but Nick needs some work.

I still think he can be our number one but he's got to prove it.
Injured. Thus the treatment days.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He did have an unsustainable shooting percentage the 1st couple months of the season. Even then I expected him to be more consistent so I'm almost hoping there is something bothering him that isn't that serious so we can expect more when his healthy.
My goodness folks. You don’t get to skip practices because you’re just tired. You get this because you’re injured. Nick is injured, the kid wants to take part in the ASG, and once this is done, don’t be surprised if they park him on IR.

Caufield’s end of season came after he didn’t get the vote for the ASG. They were waiting for the vote to come down.

Suzuki will be parked soon.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Just like Bergeron when he had a punctured lung.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My goodness folks. You don’t get to skip practices because you’re just tired. You get this because you’re injured. Nick is injured, the kid wants to take part in the ASG, and once this is done, don’t be surprised if they park him on IR.

Caufield’s end of season came after he didn’t get the vote for the ASG. They were waiting for the vote to come down.

Suzuki will be parked soon.
Funny how the ASG works for a lot of veteran players who would rather find a way not to go.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's the Captain of a team that's hanging to sanity by a thread.
I hope it's just something minor that will heal with time even if he plays through it...

I also think he wants to keep his iron man streak going...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hope it's just something minor that will heal with time even if he plays through it...

I also think he wants to keep his iron man streak going...
Price played through injuries too much. It didn’t end well for him.

If he really is hurt, he should heal. They’re putting a lot of miles on him right now.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You know the one thing I noticed tonight was how much of a handful Kirby Dach has become.
He is a legitimate top line player in the making. Now I see why he was drafted 3rd overall and should have been sent back to junior to continue his development.
If he’s becoming what he was set to become, then why should he have been sent back to Junior to develop? Maybe fans and organizations should just be patient. Especially since he had bad luck with injuries and bad coaching.

Reactions: Habs13 and Kojo

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It's not like we're competing for the Stanley Cup...

There's no reason to keep playing him if he's banged up.
At the same age Bergeron was playing around 18 ish minutes per game, so I don't understand why they're playing Suzuki 21 minutes per game. Bergeron is far superior and our team suck.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
At the same age Bergeron was playing around 18 ish minutes per game, so I don't understand why they're playing Suzuki 21 minutes per game. Bergeron is far superior and our team suck.

In year 2, Bergeron averaged 20:36mins and in year 3 he averaged 20:49 mins per game

What the f*** are you talking about 18ish??

You referring to year 1??

16:21mins for Bergeron vs 15:59mins for Nick in rookie years.

Or are you referring to post serious injury where his career almost ended?

Year 2, Nick played 18:11mins a game
Year 3, Nick played 20:31mins a gane

Also Bergeron was playing behind Thornton and Nick was playing behind Danault.

At no time did Nick average more ice time then Patrice in their first 3yrs in the league.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
In year 2, Bergeron averaged 20:36mins and in year 3 he averaged 20:49 mins per game

What the f*** are you talking about 18ish??

You referring to year 1??

16:21mins for Bergeron vs 15:59mins for Nick in rookie years.

Or are you referring to post serious injury where his career almost ended?

Year 2, Nick played 18:11mins a game
Year 3, Nick played 20:31mins a gane

Also Bergeron was playing behind Thornton and Nick was playing behind Danault.

At no time did Nick average more ice time then Patrice in their first 3yrs in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Oh, you mean after he suffered that serious injury that almost ended his career???

Come on, what did you think would happen?

I mean if you wanna use those years and 3yrs that Suzuki has yet to complete, Suzuki has 61pt in year one of your highlighted area vs Bergeron’s 7pts and in the second line you highlighted, Suzuki currently has the same point total as Bergeron but with 15 less games played and on a much lesser team with fewer talented line mates to boost his points.

Would seem that Suzuki’s TOI is merited based on the results you presented.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

They have several ECHL call ups.
Also why SLaf should be playing down one level.

I know Suzuki should be playing better, but I always had him as a 1C-b

Reminds me of Bergeron or Kreji in that neigher of those two guys are 1C by some of our definitions, but they make it work with some wingers that can hold the line together. Right now we are trying to build a brick shithouse out of bamboo and snot.
PP-5541_bd-w-superhigh_orig-1634036784427.jpg
These injuries are on another level.

Suz would be fine if Drouin was playing :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad