Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sens and fail to score any goals

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Didn't florida recently have a ASG? Not that I give a f*** cause that game is a farce and I haven't watched it in over 20 years.

Tampa in 2018
So 2 of the last 5 asg were in FLA.
Gotta sell hockey in the south !!!
We will have a team in Mexico becore another canadian city.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Leaving to the hospital now. Made the whole game in contractions! This girl is definetly a Habs fan. Thanks for all the good wishes! See you on Tuesday
Hell yeah! Good luck
Name the child after me my name is unisex

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nick is a 2nd line Center having to carry this team on his back. I feel for him
Love Suzuki. The skill is there and I think he can be a legit number one.

But this was the year I thought he'd prove it. That hasn't happened. It's obviously a tough gig but I expected more from him this season.

Reactions: DAChampion

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Love Suzuki. The skill is there and I think he can be a legit number one.

But this was the year I thought he'd prove it. That hasn't happened. It's obviously a tough gig but I expected more from him this season.
There must be something up with him as he had 29 points in the first 26 games snd now has 9 points in the last 24. This drop off doesn't make sense with nothing going in with him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There must be something up with him as he had 29 points in the first 26 games snd now has 9 points in the last 24. This drop off doesn't make sense with nothing going in with him.
Once Monahan went down, he disappeared. Coincidence? I don't think so. But he's also logged a lot of ice so that might have something to do with it.

Caufield was our only consistent scoring threat this year. Different players have come hot and cold at different points but CC was our rock star. I thought it was going to be both he and Zuki but Nick needs some work.

I still think he can be our number one but he's got to prove it.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Once Monahan went down, he disappeared. Coincidence? I don't think so. But he's also logged a lot of ice so that might have something to do with it.

Caufield was our only consistent scoring threat this year. Different players have come hot and cold at different points but CC was our rock star. I thought it was going to be both he and Zuki but Nick needs some work.

I still think he can be our number one but he's got to prove it.
He did have an unsustainable shooting percentage the 1st couple months of the season. Even then I expected him to be more consistent so I'm almost hoping there is something bothering him that isn't that serious so we can expect more when his healthy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He did have an unsustainable shooting percentage the 1st couple months of the season. Even then I expected him to be more consistent so I'm almost hoping there is something bothering him that isn't that serious so we can expect more when his healthy.
His play was so much better overall though. He may have had some luck but he was dominating on the ice. He's trailed off since the start of December.

He's not terrible - still putting up some points - but there are stretches where I don't notice him at all. He's been inconsistent and we can't afford that going forward. I'd feel a lot better if we landed a superstar center at the draft. That would give us more breathing room with Suzuki. Instead of being an average or below average first line center, he could become one of the best 2nd line centers in the league. Then we'd be in GREAT shape going forward.

Reactions: red devil

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When you face the Habs, opposing teams know all they need to do is focus on stopping Suzuki. Once Monahan went down that was when Suzuki started struggling. Habs need to surround their good young players with better support.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Yawn... HNIC is so ridiculously boring.

The NHL and Rogers have completely destroyed that brand and the tradition of hockey on Saturday Nights.

As far as tonight's game, the lack of creativity during the PP wen there was 3 minutes remaining was scary. Pretty much a lack talent on this team. If there's a proof that we needed to end very low in the standings....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When you face the Habs, opposing teams know all they need to do is focus on stopping Suzuki. Once Monahan went down that was when Suzuki started struggling. Habs need to surround their good young players with better support.
I agree.

But a legit first line center is going to produce no matter what. That's what makes them true number ones.

And look at CC, he continued to produce. It didn't matter that Suzuki dropped off, he continued to score goals. If he didn't get hurt, he'd have had a real shot at 50 goals this year on this offensively challenged club.

Maybe Suzuki's nursing an injury and we don't know it. But the bottom line is that he's still unproven as a number one. And that's too bad because I thought this was the year he was going to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad