Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sabres.. :(

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I missed the game , why did Xhekaj had an exceptional game ? (Except the goal)
IMO he played a very smart efficient game tonight. Made some nice offensive plays, passed the puck well, looked good defensively and was throwing his weight around all night. Complete game from him tonight I thought.

MSL now talking on TSN690 and just said pretty much what I just wrote.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I like the team's answer physically speaking but we did how full our hands were with Tuch and Greenway. Rare off night for Slaf definitely a night for him to forget. Matheson, you can tell that he's being asked too much from him. Very inconsistent shift by shift

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
People saying Slaf wasn't that bad tonight give your head a shake. If there was a wrong play to make he made it.
Are you good with he wasn't that good tonight? :sarcasm:
The play was going a little bit faster than his brain in this one.

Not really, tought he played a good game not a great one but a good one , maybe a bit to agressive thats why he got those penalty but i prefer too agressive over too passive

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
IMO he played a very smart efficient game tonight. Made some nice offensive plays, passed the puck well, looked good defensively and was throwing his weight around all night. Complete game from him tonight I thought.

MSL now talking on TSN690 and just said pretty much what I just wrote.
He OWNED his ice when not asked to play man on man. That is exactly what you want from him as a defender.
Hopefully we drop that bullshit eventually because it just won't work in this league. As Marc Denis clearly pointed out one mistake and you've given up a clear 2 v1. Which is horrible when teams are cycling the puck on us leaving clear cut point blank opportunities.
Hockey is a game of errors and we all know it that doesn't bode well when facing skilled players.

Reactions: Runner77

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
by the look of the draft prospects for june, the first 5-6 are good picks then it starts to drop off. SO, keep tanking until habs pick 4-6, tank any game that moves the habs in the wrong direction for 5-6. Or only win when you have some room win without moving up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not really, tought he played a good game not a great one but a good one , maybe a bit to agressive thats why he got those penalty but i prefer too agressive over too passive
His play making and play selection was dog shit. He passed up two or three glorious opportunities to shoot when set up perfectly. His pass attempts were telegraphed or off the mark or he missed openings he usually executes on. NOT GOOD and not what we need from him. His game took off on that line the minute he started shooting the puck without hesitation. Love the player but he's 19 and will have these games. The penalties were not good ones either he was frustrated which is why he took them not because he was aggressive.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
by the look of the draft prospects for june, the first 5-6 are good picks then it starts to drop off. SO, keep tanking until habs pick 4-6, tank any game that moves the habs in the wrong direction for 5-6. Or only win when you have some room win without moving up.
Thats a really strong top 10 because of the defensemen, but since we are preferably targeting a foward, I agree that the lower we end up, the best. There is also increased lottery odds.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
His play making and play selection was dog shit. He passed up two or three glorious opportunities to shoot when set up perfectly. His pass attempts were telegraphed or off the mark or he missed openings he usually executes on. NOT GOOD and not what we need from him. His game took off on that line the minute he started shooting the puck without hesitation. Love the player but he's 19 and will have these games. The penalties were not good ones he was frustrated which is why he took them not because he was aggressive.
"Love the player but he's 19 and will have these games"

Yep

eurodin

Nov 1, 2017
I was entertained in the first 40 minutes.
3rd period was disappointing.
Our last 3 pp's were terrible.
Suzuki and Roy were the only forwards with a good game.

Can we fast forward to next season already ?
What is going to change next season?

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
His play making and play selection was dog shit. He passed up two or three glorious opportunities to shoot when set up perfectly. His pass attempts were telegraphed or off the mark or he missed openings he usually executes on. NOT GOOD and not what we need from him. His game took off on that line the minute he started shooting the puck without hesitation. Love the player but he's 19 and will have these games. The penalties were not good ones either he was frustrated which is why he took them not because he was aggressive.

Obviously we didn't see it the same way and i respect you're opinion reading your posts i often agree with them ( meening you know your hockey):laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Obviously we didn't see it the same way and i respect you're opinion reading your posts i often agree with them ( meening you know your hockey):laugh::laugh:
Well I mentioned the other day that I would swap my green light avvy for a red one when I felt he wasn't Beasting.
So you can see how I felt about this one. :laugh:
The thing is red won't work so orange isn't as bad right? :sarcasm:
Hopefully we see green again before St. Patty's Day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad