Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sabres.. :(

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
X had a great game tonight. If he can play disciplined hockey like that he’s going to be great here.
They just need to play him with someone who can move the puck and I think we all know that isn't Kovacevic.
He was our best defense man by a mile and actually should have seen 6v4 action holding that line.
I don't get our coaching Marty did not exploit their lousy D with our top line nearly enough.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77 and Habano

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The first line not dominating really exposes how trash this roster is. Also, this team is sooo bad against the forecheck, it's ridiculous. Every time a Dman holds it instead of making a quick pass, I already know they're about to get hemmed in.

*Huge game for the tank though. I know some of y'all were sweating bullets with the PP at the end there hehe
Our bottom 6 is barely AHL material.

Levard

Apr 25, 2023
Listening to L'Antichambre haha man.. does Normand Flynn loves violent hockey ..

Made me wonder if he could be the @Hannibal guy lol

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Great games by Suzuki, Roy & Xhekaj.

Good games by Newhook, Struble, Guhle & Montembeault.

Ok games by Gallagher & Savard.

Awful games by Caufield, Matheson, & Pearson.

Slafkovsky had his difficulties, took 3 penalties, but I liked his intensity tonight.

It was a fun game.

Xhekaj & Roy are starting to feel it in the NHL. Good to see their confidence grow.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Two bad teams

Trainwreck defensively continues. Staff is getting a free pass because of a rebuild but at some point, someone has to be able to provide a structure. Bleed odd man rushes at an abnormal rate.

Tell me Matheson doesnt have a baby in the house and if he does, is not allowed to hold them. Handles the puck like a grenade 90 percent of the time

Jackeye was worth price of admission. Pearson and Anderson should give refunds from their paycheques

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Great games by Suzuki, Roy & Xhekaj.

Good games by Newhook, Struble, Guhle & Montembeault.

Ok games by Gallagher & Savard.

Awful games by Caufield, Matheson, & Pearson.

Slafkovsky had his difficulties, took 3 penalties, but I liked his intensity tonight.

It was a fun game.

Xhekaj & Roy are starting to feel it in the NHL. Good to see their confidence grow.
I agree with everything but you are being too generous with Newhook IMO.

He disappeared after the 1st

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I missed the game , why did Xhekaj had an exceptional game ? (Except the goal)

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Everyone knows he's not a top pairing Dman, Matheson knows it, Hughes knows it, MSL knows it, he's just been put in that chair because he's the only one suited for it at this time.

Matheson on a 2nd pairing would be of great value, the hate is unreasonable, he WILL not get traded and rightfully so.

We can ill afford moving him when he's the only one they can put in that awful position in the 1st place.

It's illogical.
Some dumb ass GM out there will think he’s top material and over pay for him. We don’t need him this year or going forward.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
This game was rigged. The plan was to lose... has to be... you can't as a unit have so many wack moments against a bottom feeder.

I mean the Sabres are pretty shit too and so for so many Habs brain farts tonight... had to be planned!

Reactions: Hansman

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Some dumb ass GM out there will think he’s top material and over pay for him. We don’t need him this year or going forward.

I could not disagree more, you think it's bad now? Who's our #1 going foward, rest of season, next season?

It ain't Guhle... Not yet anyway, if ever...

Matheson is very much a need, atleast for a little while longer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad