Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Sabres.. :(

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Player of the game had to be Armia.

Trying to pull a random toe-drag on an odd-man rush on the PK and then crashing into Monty before Buffalo scored helped turn the game around for Buffalo.
There's a very fine line between hero and goat in hockey.

Had Armia pulled off that toe-drag and scored, the same throngs here today who are criticizing him would be confidently predicting that we would be getting a 2nd round choice for Armia at the TDL.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The team had a good first period and then Caufield had a hat trick of turnovers and the game was over. Jackeye played a really good game, the kind that he is capable of, just has to keep moving his feet. Also worth noting was the fact that none of the Sabres go near him on the boards even when his back was turned to them, which showed how much he was respected/feared by them.
It's obvious Cole has an injury, why they don't sit him is beyond me...............another nothing season, and they are allowing him to play hurt??

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
There's a very fine line between hero and goat in hockey.

Had Armia pulled off that toe-drag and scored, the same throngs here today who are criticizing him would be confidently predicting that we would be getting a 2nd round choice for Armia at the TDL.

It wouldn't have made a difference if he pulled that off, everyone is aware Armia has the talent and can randomly pull off spectacular goals. The issue has always been his inconsistency/effort levels and not knowing which player will show up.

With that being said, prior to that play, he has actually been playing pretty good lately and his contract looks respectable on a team with Gallagher/Anderson taking $12M in cap space a year for the next 3 years.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Shots 31 24 MTL but attempted shots is even more ridiculous 51 29 MTL

Too many blocked/missed shots

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It wouldn't have made a difference if he pulled that off, everyone is aware Armia has the talent and can randomly pull off spectacular goals. The issue has always been his inconsistency/effort levels and not knowing which player will show up.

With that being said, prior to that play, he has actually been playing pretty good lately and his contract looks respectable on a team with Gallagher/Anderson taking $12M in cap space a year for the next 3 years.
Well said. I still think that a playoff team may well take a chance on Armia hoping the "good Armia" shows up occasionally during a deep playoff run.

Armia presents as a player with size, skill and versatility. A strong team could do worse than picking up this experienced player.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Remember the Caufield > Suzuki narrative? Suzuki is just as valuable as Caufield and lets be happy that we have both.
It wasn’t a narrative. A guy who’s scoring 48 over 82 is just flat out better than a two way player scoring 68 points.

However, Suzuki has been flat out better this season and our best player. Caufield’s prime value comes from scoring goals. His underlying play has been really good but he just hasn’t scored.

I still believe CC will be a perpetual 40-50 goal guy. If he’s not though? It’s no contest.

As for Suzkui, he’s been great since the All star break. Definitely playing at another level. Last night for example, his linemates weren’t great but (apart from his giveaway to start the game) he played a perfect game. No points but was highly engaged at both ends of the ice. When he plays THAT way, he’s awesome. But he doesn’t do it consistently enough. Hopefully he’s leveled up and we see him play like this every night going forward. My worry is that it’s just another streak.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's obvious Cole has an injury, why they don't sit him is beyond me...............another nothing season, and they are allowing him to play hurt??
Players will try to play through non serious injuries all the time. I’m sure they figured - let’s give it a try.

I agree with you though, they should just rest him if he’s going to play like this.

Reactions: BLONG7

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He might be injured but turning the puck over three times on one shift on the pp was brutal.
If he is hurt, they've got to bench him because he didn't look right last night.

It'd be kind of cool if they gave Roy some time on the first in the meantime.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00