Post-Game Talk: Habs lose and wings stay alive

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
David Savard is very respected by MSL and he helps every young player that is paired with him, I like big play Dave. He would make a great D coach when he retires from playing.

On a different note, what will we do with all these young defensemen? I haven't seen anything like this in a very long time as a habs fan.

I'm of the same opinion I had at the deadline, I feel his presence is worth more than what the team could get on the market. He's been an excellent mentor for the young defensemen. Keep him as long as he's not an issue.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
My bad, I posted at the end of the GDT that we couldn't finish higher than 6th. I totally forgot about the loser point we got.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man, Hutson can fly. I did not expect him to catch Raymond. He did. He just couldn't get his stick in play. He had a good shot in OT. Unfortunately, his back-up was Anderson. Hutson was fun to watch.

Montembeault wasn't great, but their goalie was even worse.

Montréal's defensive system needs to improve next year. Seriously not only do the guys not know who they should be covering half the time, there's far too much switching and almost zero shot suppression. When teams like Ottawa and Detroit are getting 30+ shots on you, there's an issue.

We need to cut down the shots against by about 10 per game. Montembeault was getting pelted.

We're missing Guhle & Xhekaj on D. Kovacevic is crap. Harris-Kovacevic was our worst pairing by far.

The 4th line was getting caved in. Both Pezzetta and Ylonen are pretty useless. That needs to be improved next year, too.

The only way Detroit makes the playoffs is if Washington loses to Philadelphia tomorrow. It doesn't have to be in regulation. It can be in OT, but Caps clinch with 2 pts.

Detroit obviously needs to beat Montreal again.

A fun game.
Lane really put in a lot of work on his skating and it shows. Just leg strength and more athleticism added a lot fo speed.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
David Savard is very respected by MSL and he helps every young player that is paired with him, I like big play Dave. He would make a great D coach when he retires from playing.

On a different note, what will we do with all these young defensemen? I haven't seen anything like this in a very long time as a habs fan.

Hutson has already convinced me he's ready. I would try and move Harris, and leave Mailloux in AHL for another year to work on his defensive game. Reinbacher in AHL too.

Start with 8D:

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble-Kovacevic

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I missed the 2nd and most of the 3rd but thought he did better then I expected. I've said he's likely going to need to figure out that he's got to learn to use his teammates more, but at the same time you don't want him overthinking things, just do what you do cause no one else does it that way so might as well see how it goes.

Next season is going to be a blast as you could be looking at the bulk of their best prospects all at the pro level, should be so interesting to see how it goes.
I'm definitely watching Laval games next year.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
f*** the capitals let’s go wings. Also Boston with 17 shots against Washington? Imma go Alex Jones on this one and say conspiracy

He should. There's no reason to rush him.
While I don’t disagree at all we also said that about Slaf. I’m okay with either option but realistically one game can’t decide anything

Reactions: dinodebino

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I thought there was no intensity from the crowd for the whole game until the last 6 minutes. But then Kane and Debrincat combined to bring back some good memories. I think tomorrow is gonna make a good final game for the season

Reactions: dinodebino

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Will MSL give Monty the start again tomorrow night or will they go with Primeau in the final game of the season. Wouldn't shock me if MSL plays Monty again.

It was a home game for primeau. I'm surprised they didn't go with him, and then Monty to close out the season at home.

I still think Monty gets the final start though.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
He also loves being a Hab and really didn't want to be traded during the last trade deadline. He's a very likeable guy so I'm sure all his teammates love the guy as well. Same goes for Armia.
Apparently he was miserable for about a month leading up to the deadline. Yes they make lots of money but the life aspect outside of hockey and how quickly that life can be turned upside down is f***ing savage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad