Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - Season Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
A bad team will fluke into the playoffs most years. That is a bad hockey team. Maybe if they were playing out west they could shit house there way to the playoffs.

Why did you interpret "ok" as "good", "great", or "excellent"? Is the 13th-16th placed NHL good, bad, or terrible?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Why did you interpret "ok" as "good", "great", or "excellent"? Is the 13th-16th placed NHL good, bad, or terrible?
Because I don't think they are okay. I think they are more likely to be a bottom 10 team this year then make the playoffs. In a division this strong I really do not see a path to the playoffs for them with that roster.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
What makes it a little bit more exciting even after that devastating post-season is playing against some really good teams for the first time in 18 months.
So I think the enthusiasm will be back at the latest when we hopefully have very good performances against Tampa, Boston or the Islanders. Pens, Caps, Panthers, Canes, Vegas and Nordiques are other games to look forward to.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
don't see how anyone can get hype for this following last years trainwreck. never will be able to live that down. 1st MTL/TOR series in most of our lifetimes and don't see another one happening again now that the division are back to what they are.

Won't you feel a bit better getting some revenge with a Leafs win tonight?

As arch 6 rivals it always feels good beating the Habs.

Reactions: egd27

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lots of tickets available for tonights game. What gives I wonder? People not comfortable being in big crowds? Prices finally too high? Eveyone going to be at BMO field (lol)? Wish I lived closer, I'd snag a couple for sure.

I think it has a lot to do with there being no physical tickets... I normally give out most of the tickets to friends and family at face value but have to use/sell far more games than I want right now because the older people I give them to can't figure out how to make it work.

Anyone saying "people are fed up with the Leafs" is delusional, it is likely Covid or it being only digital tickets

Last edited:
Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
still a bit too high for me to grab a couple last minute but in general it's more affordable, starting from $144
This is the first season with no hard tickets. They don't put the price on the digital tickets so I have no idea what the game is going for.
$144 is probably close to ticket price for upper purple for this game. I pay about $75 a ticket for row 17, crazy.

Reactions: saffronleaf

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think it has a lot to do with there being no physical tickets... I normally give out most of the tickets to friends and family at face value but have to use/sell far more games than I want right now because the older people I give them to can't figure out how to make it work.

Anyone saying "people are fed up with the Leafs" is delusional, it is likely Covid or it being only digital tickets

Is this the first season the team has used digital tickets exclusively? Can you still print them to scan at the door?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Is this the first season the team has used digital tickets exclusively? Can you still print them to scan at the door?

It is, and no you can't print them. I called to request physical tickets and they said no. It is a mess right now, was on hold for 1.5 hours, I am assuming that it is a lot of people calling for help.

Reactions: wingman75

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So what side of "ok" are you on?

I said MTL look like an ok team. Are you saying that MTL couldn't achieve 8th place in the East? I didn't exactly give them a huge compliment.

well, they've finished 24th and 18th the last 2yrs, and im having a hard time seeing this year as any better, given the changes they've made.....

Danault ----- Dvorak
Tatar ------- Hoffman
Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Perry ------- Paquette
Staal -------- Brooks

Weber ------ Savard
Merrill ------ Wideman

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It is, and no you can't print them. I called to request physical tickets and they said no. It is a mess right now, was on hold for 1.5 hours, I am assuming that it is a lot of people calling for help.

Is it really realistic to expect every person to have a smart phone? I know, it's 2021... but there are lots of some people who do not partake in the digital world like most of us do.
I think digital distribution is the right move, but the ticket owner should have the option to print.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
well, they've finished 24th and 18th the last 2yrs, and im having a hard time seeing this year as any better, given the changes they've made.....

Danault ----- Dvorak
Tatar ------- Hoffman
Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Perry ------- Paquette
Staal -------- Brooks

Weber ------ Savard
Merrill ------ Wideman

and also for the foreseeable future:

Price/Allen------Allen/Montembeault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad