Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - Season Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Would love to see a 7 - 2 stomping... team is good enough to pull that off.
Expect an agonizing 3 - 2 OT final... win or loss... no idea.

Hope Mitch can play. We don't need our top two players on the shelf to start the season.

Really excited to see how the new faces perform (Bunting, Ritchie, Kase and Kampf). Also, what do the tried and true players bring to the table this season? Nylander and Rielly interest me the most other than the goaltenders.

I will have to dual screen tonight, no way I am missing the CMNT game; but Leafs will be on the big screen ;-)

Who is the CMNT playing? and secondly aside from being at BMO is it a big game in terms of standings in their qualification process? haven't had the opportunity to keep up unfortunately

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Do you often part with your seats? If so, I have a date I’d be happy to help you re-home a pair for
I plan to this year. A bunch are already gone but if I have what you're looking for I'll help you out.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Where does this crazy notion that Marner can't score come from?

EVG 2021

1. Matthews - 31
2. McDavid - 24
3. DeBrincat - 22
4. Marchand - 22
5. Rantanen - 21
6. Marner - 20

That is fair, he does score. And even shooting % wise he's not that bad and slightly ahead of Nylander, and ahead of guys like Mackinnon, Pastranak,Tavares according to hockey-reference.

I think the notion comes from how ineffective he looks on the pp when left with a good luck at the net.

Does he generate chances? Absolutely yes, can he score? of course he can. Does he have a great shot? probably not.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Who is the CMNT playing? and secondly aside from being at BMO is it a big game in terms of standings in their qualification process? haven't had the opportunity to keep up unfortunately
Canada plays Panama, and to put it bluntly this game is huge. Canada is 4tb in concacaf and Panama is 3rd, though Canada has probably had a tougher schedule to date.

Not do or die, but a huge game still.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Feb.26, vs. the Wings. We have tickets to see Mayer the next night and want to make a weekend out of it
Going off memory I think I still have that. I'll check and let you know via PM in a few days.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Still feels like preseason to me. Hopefully, leafs come out hot. With the weather being gloomy, the week dragging out, and injuries (potentially) to both Marner and Matthews for this one, makes my excitement for this game is not as high as it generally is for when the season begins.

Lets beat the habs and let them know we aren't playing around this year

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I guess, just seems pretty lazy to put it $200 + ahead of face value seats. Not trying very hard.

usually it’s because they’re not really “trying” to sell them. It’s basically “yeah I’m going to the game, but if someone actually buys them at that outrageous price then they can have them” lol

Reactions: Rob Brown

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That is fair, he does score. And even shooting % wise he's not that bad and slightly ahead of Nylander, and ahead of guys like Mackinnon, Pastranak,Tavares according to hockey-reference.

I think the notion comes from how ineffective he looks on the pp when left with a good luck at the net.

Does he generate chances? Absolutely yes, can he score? of course he can. Does he have a great shot? probably not.

He can beat goalies clean from the hash marks, it is when he is on a sidewall and taking the shot that there is an issue, I don't think he has enough power for there.

I truly think he will excel as the bumper, as that has more to do with shot selection and quick decisions and less to do shot power.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Weird dream last night

Willie Ny works his way onto the Leafs 1PK partnering with Kerfoot and stays there all year. He ends up with an astounding 9 shorties to go along with 10 PP and 15 5v5, the 9 shorties are a Leafs season record which surpass Dave Keon and Dave Reid with 8

Just do it Willie

Should be a great game tonight GLG

Reactions: NinjaKick

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The regular season means alot to me and is the real test of how good a team is. They say, " anything can happen in a playoff series", for a reason. Go Leafs Go!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
After the run the Habs went on are they considered the favourites tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad