Proposal: Habs & Devils

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
JT Miller was traded for Vancouver’s 2020 1st, 2019 3rd and some random BS signing right to Czech goaltender that didn’t matter. Miller was starting the 2nd year of his 5 year deal when Tampa traded him in June 2019. Is that what you mean?

More or less but he was more than just a first. Still that was good value for the VAN first.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure how this makes sense at all for the Habs. Given up a good 3rd line forward, a 1st and a good prospect for a guy that has never gone above 32 points in a season? I mean Lekhonen alone is the same age and has had about the same peak production so far 31 v 32 points and 18 goals during his best season compared to 19 for woods.

Makes no sense to me at all.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
please, if someone proposed that Coleman trade last year you would be saying the same thing about Coleman as youre saying about Wood now. HFboards loves to pretend they know a players value and then when a trade happens that would be locked when proposed on here everyong claims it was a fair deal. the reality is you have your opinions, I have mine, and the GMs that actually make the reades have theirs

I've watched vast majority of NHL games by both players, I would never say that Coleman lacks hockey IQ or defensive skill, I wouldn't say that he has no synergy with other players as, for example, him and Zajac both made Gusev look like an actual NHL player. When both players have few seasons under their belt, it isn't that hard to compare them.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I've watched vast majority of NHL games by both players, I would never say that Coleman lacks hockey IQ or defensive skill, I wouldn't say that he has no synergy with other players as, for example, him and Zajac both made Gusev look like an actual NHL player. When both players have few seasons under their belt, it isn't that hard to compare them.

No one is saying theyre identical players. But the fact people are trying they arent similar with the type of non stop energy and forecheck they bring is beyond me. Not even worth arguing if people cant see theyre both the type of player teams love/need for the playoffs

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
No one is saying theyre identical players. But the fact people are trying they arent similar with the type of non stop energy and forecheck they bring is beyond me. Not even worth arguing if people cant see theyre both the type of player teams love/need for the playoffs

I agree with energy/forecheck part but it doesn't make them similar players, they just share the same trait. Using this logic, you could compare Wood to McDavid because they're both fast skaters.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
1st round pick is done deal for Wood. He isn't gonna be more than a middle 6 winger, which can be very valuable to a good team but not for a terrible one like the Devils. Trade him and take a shot at getting a kid with higher upside or use it as part of a deal for an established top line player

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Too expensive for a 2 way bottom sixer

For that price i'd rather modify the package and go after Ekholm. Would be a much better use of our 1st

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I only want Miles Wood so he can change his name to Kilometers Wood in Canada.

7Kki.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
What? Wood >>> Lehkonen. It’s not even close.
It's probably closer than you think. Both around the same age and both with similar production. Lehkonen is more rounded, much better defensively and relentless on the forecheck. Add to that his last play-ins & playoffs performance last year and depending of what your team needs, I'm pretty sure you have more than one gm picking Lehkonen over Wood.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Too expensive for a 2 way bottom sixer

For that price i'd rather modify the package and go after Ekholm. Would be a much better use of our 1st

Joke is on you. Wood isn't that good defensively!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad