Proposal: Habs & Devils

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Value is there for NJ so at least so Thank you for posting an Habs offer interesting for the other team. It's refreshing

This being said, I would try to keep the 1st for a package for a LD. Wood would be a great addition though.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
huge pass for me as a devils fan. Would rather take the chance Wood continues this beast year in the future than trade him for a mid-late first in a crapshoot draft, a meh 3rd/wth liner that we dont need, and a prospect who has not improved

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
huge pass for me as a devils fan. Would rather take the chance Wood continues this beast year in the future than trade him for a mid-late first in a crapshoot draft, a meh 3rd/wth liner that we dont need, and a prospect who has not improved

I'd do it. I think the value favors NJ here. Wood is having a good year, and I can see the appeal for a playoff team, but for where the Devils are if they can get a 1st for him they should. Also Brook is a right-shot defenseman, something we desperately need in the system. That's a real good fit.

I'm assuming Lehkonen is there to balance cap.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I thought Wood was one of NJ's best players has he regressed to a point that they need to trade him?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I thought Wood was one of NJ's best players has he regressed to a point that they need to trade him?

We wouldn't need to trade him, but this sort of offer would certainly make you pause and think about it. San Jose didn't want to trade Barclay Goodrow last year but Tampa made them an offer they had to consider. Personally I wouldn't want to be a team to give up a first rounder for Wood. Granted, I feel particularly uninformed about this year's draft class and probably couldn't name more than 15 guys off the top of my head right now.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
From my previous discussion about woods...he's a missile without vision.

WHY would we want that when the team is about a hard 4 line 200ft game?

So many trade proposals make no sense for us, yet here we are. Give us a rushing LHD and we're listening. Another winger, when we are loaded with wingers, or another 2C when we are loaded in that too....WHY?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Value is not bad, but I don't think NJ is looking to move Wood for a "fair value" deal.

Wood is still just 25 years old and has another year left on his contract before being a RFA, so he still fits well within the Devils timeline. I really think it's going to take a Blake Coleman type offer (one that's just too good to refuse) to get Fitz to move Wood.

Devils already have 8 pending UFA's on their roster that should be the focus of their sell off this trade deadline, so they're under no pressure to move Wood out.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
So 11 goals and 15 points in 34 games is a beast year now ?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Value is not bad, but I don't think NJ is looking to move Wood for a "fair value" deal.

Wood is still just 25 years old and has another year left on his contract before being a RFA, so he still fits well within the Devils timeline. I really think it's going to take a Blake Coleman type offer (one that's just too good to refuse) to get Fitz to move Wood.

Devils already have 8 pending UFA's on their roster that should be the focus of their sell off this trade deadline, so they're under no pressure to move Wood out.

I agree, keep him. .

I wonder why it's not obvious to the entire galaxy that Bbinz does NOT overpay. Nor is wood anywhere near the answer to a problem we need to shore up.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So 11 goals and 15 points in 34 games is a beast year now ?
11 goals is very good production. For a price, sure, but that price is too high for us. Plus he is a hard working missile that will miss his 200ft assignment and positioning.

I'm not saying he is unworthy, just not a priority or worth the high cost.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

The difference between Lehkhonen and Wood isn't a 1st round pick and a very good D prospect. Devils would jump on that so hard the ground would shake

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Not what I expected at all. Seems weird for the Habs to spend their assets on what they have plenty of already, middle-6 wingers.

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not what I expected at all. Seems weird for the Habs to spend their assets on what they have plenty of already, middle-6 wingers.
Umm let's see....Lehky plus for Wood....Lehky plus for Dunn....

Lemme put my thinking cap on.....thinking...thinking...it's Dunn.

See what a bit of thinking does for a little bit of reality?

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
The difference between Lehkhonen and Wood isn't a 1st round pick and a very good D prospect. Devils would jump on that so hard the ground would shake
yes it is. At least it is to make it worth the devils while. Lehkohonen has 3 goals and 3 assits. Ive seen multiple playoff teams fans make proposals for Wood, not so much for Lehkohonen who appears to be in every Habs fan proposal. NJ isnt actively looking to trade Wood. Hes having a breakout year, still under contract and a RFA when its up next year.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Devils can't trade MW the team isn't physical enough now as it is.... Why give up a player who brings that plus offense no way.....That first round pick might never make it to the NHL.....

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Done from a Devils perspective. Wood's value will never be higher than it is right now and he's not worth all that. He's a 3rd liner with a 20 goal ceiling that plays nowhere close to his size, cash in on his hot start and get as much value as you can.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
And to add to my previous comment, Wood for Lehkonen would make more sense although I fail to understand why either team make that move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad