Habs biggest Needs are (poll)?

What are the Habs biggest needs (Current and/or Future)?

• Total voters

Jul 6, 2016
Get healthy!

With the emergence of Suzuki, this is a good team when healthy.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Domi
Lehkonen KK Armia
Poehling Thompson Byron/Cousins
Weal

Chiarot Weber
Kulak* Petry
Mete Fleury
Rielly, Folin

Price
Primeau

*Kulak needs to get his S*** together. He's the only weak link.

If you can convince Domi to play on a wing........... That's not done.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Eh, but I know how beacon lights work and how important it is when it comes to chalking an aircraft. I may not be no pilot, but I’ve worked around aircrafts. Even if many years ago.
Yes, cause sometimes we still leave the engines running, for various reasons, either a cool down, or waiting for a GPU as sometimes our APU is MEL’ed and we need that ground power as to not loose all electrical power after engine shutdown

After fuel control switches on cutoff, we turn off the Anti collision so you guys can chalk and cone the engines and bring the bridge or airstair

:thumbu:

Reactions: nhlfan9191

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I would imagine!!

Where I come from, they're dressed the same as everybody else. Some pilot types, you'll just know about 5 min into the house party or reception you're at.... work gets brought up in conversation easily. Fighter/tac hel pilots anyway. Then there's pilots from l'Armée de l'Air in France, another level entirely....

My job is boring and I never discuss it. Full credit to the pilots because their jobs are exciting material for party/bar conversations.
Cool!!......fir me it’s just a job now.....

anyways, Habs win tonight :D

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
What exact season do you think this is a Cup Contender? 2024? Everyone's extended pretty much? Are every vet's knees still good to go then? :skeptic:

Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Poehling - Ylonen

Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Petry
Mete - Fleury

Price
Primeau

Giving that kind of TOI to Suzukis and Caufields ain't happening before well after the 2022 tv contract comes out. A lot more ammo for BOS, TOR and TBL to make our lives miserable. **** me.

Well again the big flaw right now for the Habs is defence but we’re in a better position to fix it than Toronto who has the same issue

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cool!!......fir me it’s just a job now.....

anyways, Habs win tonight :D

For those of us on the outside looking in, that job of yours has quite the cachet.

Always interesting to read about your job and travels.

Reactions: jaffy27

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yes, cause sometimes we still leave the engines running, for various reasons, either a cool down, or waiting for a GPU as sometimes our APU is MEL’ed and we need that ground power as to not loose all electrical power after engine shutdown

After fuel control switches on cutoff, we turn off the Anti collision so you guys can chalk and cone the engines and bring the bridge or airstair

:thumbu:

I was GPU trained at 18 and just out of highschool in charge of training idiots how to push and maintain planes at the same time. Obviously being on the ramp is completely different then an pilot. It’s been so many years but it brings back great memories.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They might. Depends on how tired McDrai and their defense are.

BTW you would never, ever MEL an APU on a CC177 cargo A/C. They land in the middle of nowhere and need APUs 1 & 2 rockin' at all times. ;)
You can always leave an engine running, depends what your FCOM allows you to do......we are allowed to fuel with an engine running but it demands lots of coordination.

And sometimes your MEL on the APU is sometimes just the pneumatic part which means you need an air cart for engine start or the electrical side which you’d need a GPU for ground power.

it gets tricky, like I said, lots of coordination between you, dispatch and ground services at destination.

Back to hockey, I say jamais deux sans trois, Habs win!!!

Reactions: Roadhouse

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I was GPU trained at 18 and just out of highschool in charge of training idiots how to push and maintain planes at the same time. Obviously being on the ramp is completely different then an pilot. It’s been so many years but it brings back great memories.
Your job was very important, as was the groomers and maintenance and the guy emptying the septic.

we are a well oiled machine, you, me, the fueler, we can’t do the job without each other, I’ve always respected and still respect everyone in my field, it’s hard work man, rain, shine, wind, snow, job needs to get done. If you were in front of me, I’d shake your hand......

Go Habs :)

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Your job was very important, as was the groomers and maintenance and the guy emptying the septic.

we are a well oiled machine, you, me, the fueler, we can’t do the job without each other, I’ve always respected and still respect everyone in my field, it’s hard work man, rain, shine, wind, snow, job needs to get done. If you were in front of me, I’d shake your hand......

Go Habs :)

Running the APU and teaching people how to do it was my power trip as a kid. :laugh: It was an exciting thing when I was younger.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I voted 'other' because this team is screaming out for a superstar skater. They haven't had a player in the elite category, outside of the crease, since the dynasty ended. This is just unacceptable for a franchise like the Habs.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Running the APU and teaching people how to do it was my power trip as a kid. :laugh: It was an exciting thing when I was younger.
I also did for Bearskin Airlines when I was 20.....out of Thunder Bay.....I did that the year Lake Superior froze over.....-30 in November in 94/95.....crazy times

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I also did for Bearskin Airlines when I was 20.....out of Thunder Bay.....I did that the year Lake Superior froze over.....-30 in November in 94/95.....crazy times

I live in Saskatchewan. Brutal winters that make those places seem like spring. I remember nights where I’d have to stay over night with the plane. Back when United was still here.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rampy’s work the ramp lol

ground staff :)

That's what I figured after I kept reading the posts that followed.

So Rampies are not VIPs, I take it. Not like the guy who holds this job ...

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ya, we trade a 4th round pick to LA for Thompson......and a 5th round pick :laugh:

you’re such a fake, so desperate to counter to ridicule posters yet it comes right back in your face.

This gif is so you :laugh:

giphy.gif
So you say Bergevin has stopped dealing picks for rental even alluding to guys like Ott, I bring up Thompson last year...
I'm a fake...fake what? You're not making any sense and just resort to petty posting because you wont admit to being wrong.

You were wrong about this just as you were wrong about Bergevin and his direction before.
Post less, learn more.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So you say Bergevin has stopped dealing picks for rental even alluding to guys like Ott, I bring up Thompson last year...
I'm a fake...fake what? You're not making any sense and just resort to petty posting because you wont admit to being wrong.

You were wrong about this just as you were wrong about Bergevin and his direction before.
Post less, learn more.
the plan is to keep picks and not trade away youth for rentals.......have you not been following?

Its been trending for 2yrs now

Post less, learn more.

I specifically said it’s been trending like that for 2 years.....2 years!!!!!......

Ott was March 1st of 2017.....that’s 2+.....holy shit.....like stop exposing yourself so badly, you’re admitting and exposing your inability to follow.....

And last year he traded a pick for a pick and a player who he can easily trade for another pick.....asset management......

I’m gonna stop exposing your ineptitude to follow, it’s embarrassing.

Bergevin made sure we picked 11 times two drafts ago, 10 picks last draft and 12 this upcoming draft.

I know math is not your strength so I’m gonna try to explain it with crayons......you only are awarded 7 picks per draft

3 draft x 7 picks per equals 21 picks

11 picks + 10 picks + 12 picks = 33 picks

that’s a difference of........you guessed it, 12 extra picks!!!!!!

my point stands

awaiting your snowman in July response

Maybe you can dissect a sentence in my quote and spin it into a limp counter argument

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
No Bergevin. No Thompson. No Kulak. No needs.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Radulov
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Armia
Cousins - Kotkaniemi - Weal
Poehling
(Caufield)

Chiarot - Weber
Markov/Mete - Petry
Mete/Markov - Fleury
Reilly, Folin
(Romanov)

Extra punch on offense, extra wisdom on defense. Stronger team that spends to the cap.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I picked 'other' because what I feel the team needs most right now is everyone healthy. Drouin, KK, Byron, and Mete back allows some players to be sent back to Laval who are in very tough because of call-ups and injuries.
The deals I would do right now are short-term, low cost depth, MB specials :laugh:
Of course if there is an offer you can't refuse, well...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Drouin Suzuki Domi
I don't get where you'd ever think this could work. I said it last year Suzuki will eventually make someone on this team expendable. We don't need and can't use three small play-makers on the same team let alone on the same line. You are actually doing a fine job illustrating our poor construction. We need to move something to get something we need. I'm not saying who but I am saying what.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I voted 'other' because this team is screaming out for a superstar skater. They haven't had a player in the elite category, outside of the crease, since the dynasty ended. This is just unacceptable for a franchise like the Habs.

I would say "superstar forward" because Subban won a Norris here and Weber was 6th in Norris voting his first year here and will get a nod this year if he stays healthy. Markov was arguably elite in his prime too.

But I agree, we haven't had an elite forward (top 5-10 scoring) in about 40 years. It's unimaginable.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It’s strange You’re dissing those Habs forwards becausee they are not « stars » but it’s actually a pretty effective group near the top of 5v5 production. Better than a lot of teams who have big contract all stars.

The team’s current weak spots Are on the defensive side of things (which I think getting that prime age impact LD will go a long way to stabilize) and then also special teams.
Looking at how we produce at 5v5 to suggest we are a-okay on offense is just silly.
It is precisely why stats dont always show you a clear picture.
We have a smaller team up front, lacking high end skills, sure throughout the first part of the year it can be fine but as things get more serious, games tighter and more important, we fade away. It's happened time and time again.
Even if we do make the Pos, I'm not sure how many times we need to struggle to score 2 goals for fans to start understanding these important nuances.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig