Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Wings in shootout !

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll go a step further, ban them!

Never cheer for your team to lose, that's totally gross. GTFO!
Get over yourself man. Taking a look at what one bottom finish did for our talent pool it's not that difficult to understand. I don't see any active cheering against the team. Wanting more talent is not a crime and there really aren't too many ways to get it. Your comment comes across as self serving aggrandizement at best. :thumbu:

Lame win tbh
I think Detroit's loss was LAMER. :nod:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I only saw the 3rd period, so I can only comment on the 2nd wings goal. I thought WiFi got caught in no man's land in the neutral zone which allowed the wings entry into the zone, and things never really got set for them defensively after that.

It should have been a nothing play, but WiFi was just caught snoozing a bit.
I didn't mind X's play. The coverage was blown by Hoffman who didn't pick up the guy coming off the bench. If we look to put a muzzle on WiFi it will only hamper his game.

He has like 4-5 ways to score coming down that side
Its devastating lol
If the goalie gets scared of the datsyuk he just RIPS it the other side lol
I'm calling it now 5 HOLE NEXT. :laugh:

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
What a dumb f***ing post. How is it lame?
So testy... Might not have been lame, especially since they battled to the end, but it was ugly (the failed clearances, the bad overtime play). Luckily there was Allen's stellar play and those beautiful SO goals to shine it up, and the glimpse of Gallagher and Hoffman chemistry which could make Hoffman tradeable. So there's a bright side. But if we care about process more than result, the process is definitely a work in progress.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Caufield and Suzuki scored the only shootout goals that won the Habs the win.

Did you not watch the game?

That was because they were f***ing selected to shoot. That’s an entirely different situation.

When you talk about them cooling down you’re talking about in game play lol. You know that though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I'm telling you bud... we will end up with the 7th or 8th pick and we are going to win one of the 1st two spots in the lottery. You'll feel better then ;)

Dustin Hoffman could have scored those goals.

Johnny on the spot yes but Hoffman should not be grouped with Drouin, Pitlick, Dadonov. He's been playing better than them. Not like he is a beast out there and very valuable but he has been playing better. These two goals might be a result of good hard work for all of his shifts. Positive energy and tends to happen from time to time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Never thought I would see Chiarot starting a 3 on 3 OT again, boy was I wrong.

Chiarot is a solid top 4D and his skating is underrated. People need to stop devaluing him cause Yzerman saw his value.

Panthers were the dumb ones. Trades value futures for a guy playing 23 min a game and then play him 15 min a game for their playoff run. If the plan was to play him 15 min a game, go get someone else dummies

Reactions: viceroy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Chiarot is a solid top 4D and his skating is underrated. People need to stop devaluing him cause Yzerman saw his value.

Panthers were the dumb ones. Trades value futures for a guy playing 23 min a game and then play him 15 min a game for their playoff run. If the plan was to play him 15 min a game, go get someone else dummies
Their moves at the deadline didn't really improve the team the way they were used. Best PP by a mile inthe regular season only to have Giroux come in and displace one of their regulars. The PP then went on to SUCK and they never went back to the original formula. :huh:
As far as their D goes I agree but what do you expect from an organization who would keep Weegar over Matheson.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Their moves at the deadline didn't really improve the team the way they were used. Best PP by a mile inthe regular season only to have Giroux come in and displace one of their regulars. The PP then went on to SUCK and they never went back to the original formula. :huh:
As far as their D goes I agree but what do you expect from an organization who would keep Weegar over Matheson.

Yup! Accurate. But some fans will continue to dump on Chiarot and try to use his sample size of performance on the Panthers as their proof.

Yzerman didn't see it that way clearly. Some fans need to take a look in the mirror. Chiarot is a very solid top 4D and he is a rare guy with his size and skating. Big boys that can skate like that are valuable.

Reactions: viceroy and Rapala

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So testy... Might not have been lame, especially since they battled to the end, but it was ugly (the failed clearances, the bad overtime play). Luckily there was Allen's stellar play and those beautiful SO goals to shine it up, and the glimpse of Gallagher and Hoffman chemistry which could make Hoffman tradeable. So there's a bright side. But if we care about process more than result, the process is definitely a work in progress.

I already stated my position on why I think it's good for the young players to see their respected, veteran goalie who plays a key leadership role steal them a game once in a while and I'll just add that I hope all the mopes whining about a win understand that the young players on this team would hate and mock them.

Not talking about you personally but imagine being so tank rotten that you complain about your favorite team winning game 13th of 82 to attain a record of 6-6-1 lol.

This team isn't making the playoffs. Could we not have to read a bunch of pants pisser after every win? Better yet, can't they have their own dedicated thread?

durojean

May 29, 2007
Is it that Jake Allen is turning into a Carey Price or that Carey Price didn't make that much of a difference.

After all, we are seing an average goalie in our net and are impressed by his performances

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Det's Luff is expected to be out 10-12 weeks, after needing wrist surgery.
Slaf with a DPS hearing today.

My guess is 2-5 games. probably 2. but with the result being a long term injury (3 months) to Laff maybe they tack on a few more.

Saying all that. The DPS is a joke, so no idea what these clowns will do.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Det's Luff is expected to be out 10-12 weeks, after needing wrist surgery.
Slaf with a DPS hearing today.

My guess is 2-5 games. probably 2. but with the result being a long term injury (3 months) to Laff maybe they tack on a few more.

Saying all that. The DPS is a joke, so no idea what these clowns will do.
first time and it was not aggressive. Warning.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Useless win but there's some positive. Hoffman might worth a 4th instead of a 5th

Man do I hate these idiotic comments from people that reflexively post without giving any thought to what they're saying. You do realize that Hoffman's under contract for another year, after this one? No team's gonna take him from us and give us even just a 5th if he continued with his scoring pace this season. We need him to play well so some team will grab him and eat that other year.

Who gives a smeg about a 4th or a 5th?

p.s. Don't feel bad, lots of folks on here seem out of sorts over The Hoff getting points and thus getting closer to being traded. I guess they really like him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Kennedys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad