Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Wings in shootout !

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I honestly don't think he wants to play hockey anymore. Just my opinion.

It's very sad. I think his confidence is shattered from being coached by Therrien, Julien, and Ducharme. And his wrist issues are a bigger problem than I imagined.

I defended Drouin for years cause there is no doubt in my mind he has more to offer but he has been playing not to make a mistake for too long now. That's a horrible way to work.

At this point, he'll be lucky to get a tryout contract next year from any team.

Is it that Jake Allen is turning into a Carey Price or that Carey Price didn't make that much of a difference.

After all, we are seing an average goalie in our net and are impressed by his performances

Price is one of the best goalies to ever play. Period.

Allen is a great 1A or 1B in a split goalie combo. He's not Price but he's better than what he gets credit for from both fans within our herd and with other teams.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Is it that Jake Allen is turning into a Carey Price or that Carey Price didn't make that much of a difference.

After all, we are seing an average goalie in our net and are impressed by his performances

Jake Allen if 4-5-0 with a saves % of 907 i don't see what's impressive there? The one who "make a difference" is Montombeau who has a 2-1-1 record with a saves % of 928 (which is Carey Price like stats on a small sample size). If it was just of Allen we would be on pace to finish bottom 8. 4-5-0 is a points % of 0.444% which would be good for the 25th position in the league.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

The biggest difference is we have added young defenceman who can skate and move the puck. This, along with a competent coaching staff, has allowed our goalies to look better this year.

Price had his best years when his D had Markov, Subban and Petry, while also having guys like Gilbert, Gonchar, Beaulieu etc. who weren't great but could move the puck. It isn't surprising our goalies struggled the last few years when we built our D around guys like Weber, Chiarot, Jordie Benn, Alzner etc. who couldn't make a tape to tape pass.

The Real Guy Lafleur

May 5, 2010
Thurso
Get over yourself man. Taking a look at what one bottom finish did for our talent pool it's not that difficult to understand. I don't see any active cheering against the team. Wanting more talent is not a crime and there really aren't too many ways to get it. Your comment comes across as self serving aggrandizement at best. :thumbu:
Wanting your team to tank means you want them to lose. Sorry if it's hard for you to understand this. Seems like with your comment you're the one that needs to get over yourself. Grow up.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
This is what is wrong with North American pro sports.

Youre not wrong, but it's ass backwards and unnatural to intentionally cheer for your team to lose.
Yup and I don’t enjoy it but it’s still the best way to ensure we’ll have an actual competitive team for years to come. I’m sick of the middle of the pack, anything can happen in the playoffs, easy shortcut bs we’ve been enduring for the last 2 decades and a half. I’ll never cheer for that again so a few years of tanking is more than worth it in comparison.

It’s only temporary so it’s no big deal, I’m a big picture kinda guy.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
I already stated my position on why I think it's good for the young players to see their respected, veteran goalie who plays a key leadership role steal them a game once in a while and I'll just add that I hope all the mopes whining about a win understand that the young players on this team would hate and mock them.

Not talking about you personally but imagine being so tank rotten that you complain about your favorite team winning game 13th of 82 to attain a record of 6-6-1 lol.

This team isn't making the playoffs. Could we not have to read a bunch of pants pisser after every win? Better yet, can't they have their own dedicated thread?
I wasn't responding to the idea of wanting to tank. I agree with you that competitive hockey players want to win, and we want competitive hockey players. I also think that we don't want cynical hockey players, we want people who love hockey and want to play it at the highest level. In yesterday's game, we got a win, which likely felt good to our young guys, and they battled and saw Allen battle, which is also good. But I did feel a little sympathy for the viewer who saw it as a lame win, because there were some pretty long stretches of bad hockey in there, and if we win hockey games while looking like a bad team, it may not help us become a better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00