Proposal: Habs and Flames, Habs and Devils

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Don't see Habs trading Armia as he's built for playoffs and as for Mete Devils I believe he plays Left Side we are loaded there with our prospects we need to build up our Right Side on the team and in the system
It doesn’t make sense for you guys to ship out a guy like Armia in this deal and I don’t see why we trade Bennett for an UFA this season, but weirdly enough Bennett becomes the perfect player once the playoffs roll around and a guy every team should want. Like honestly the second the post season happens Bennett weirdly becomes a 70 pt Centre that leads your team in hits and will drops the gloves with anybody. He was a point per game against Colorado, and he managed 8 points in 10 games centering Lucic and Dube last year. I really don’t think there is a bigger case of Jekyll and Hyde in the league, and he is the guy every team needs in the playoffs. Bennett won’t help you get to the playoffs at all but you basically add a top line player with him once you get there.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Doubt any trades with the Habs be accepted.

Armia is a UFA and play has fallen to being regularly scratched. CGY is not retaining as they try to cut salaries.

Vatanen is a bust and expect a 50% reduction for a worse player? Mete can’t score or defend and definitely will never get PP opportunities with QHughes. He only played 10 games due to regularly being scratched.

Armia has NEVER been healthy scratched. What are you talking about? That's Lehkonen.

Armia missed time this year because of concussion (Myers) and now Covid.

If he's healthy, he's auto in. He just hasn't been that healthy this year

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Armia is a UFA and play has fallen to being regularly scratched. CGY is not retaining as they try to cut salaries.

Vatanen is a bust and expect a 50% reduction for a worse player? Mete can’t score or defend and definitely will never get PP opportunities with QHughes. He only played 10 games due to regularly being scratched.

Armia hasn't been a healthy scratch this year to my knowledge. He was concussed by Tyler Myers hitting him in the head then he got covid.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

scratched? he has COVID and was concussed on a cheap shot from Myers earlier in the year. knowledge is your friend

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hi folks,

Couple moves I’d like to see the Habs make at the deadline.

First deal.

To Montreal: Sam Bennett (50% retained)

To Calgary: Joel Armia and a 2nd round pick.

Habs have a glut of right wingers and could use some help on the left side, while the Flames need a right winger with some size and hands. Bennett adds some snarl and depth for the playoffs while Armia can either be extended or flipped by the Flames for more assets.

Second Deal.

To Montreal: Sami Vatanen (50% retained)

To New Jersey: Victor Mete

Habs need a versatile puck moving defenseman that can help on special teams and Vatanen fits the bill. He can run a PP and is decent on the PK as well. Devils pick up a young cost controlled defenseman, for an upcoming UFA. Mete can fly and may flourish in a different system, and deserves a chance to develop.

Habs playoff lineup looks something like this:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Bennett - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Byron - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Vatanen

Price
Allen
Seems like two pretty fair deals.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'll be honest, I'm not sure I get why Montreal would bother making either of these moves. Maybe the Vatanen one, but I doubt management would see the need if everyone gets healthy.

What are you talking about? Armia hasn't been healthy scratched, he was concussed and is in COVID protocols.

And Mete can absolutely defend. I'm not sure if you've ever watched him if that's your assessment.

QHughes also plays in Vancouver, JHughes is in New Jersey.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Armia is a 3rd line player, even you justify the Concussion or COVID why would any team want him? Assuming if he still suffering from the injury, he’s done.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Armia > Bennett
Why would Montreal add a 2nd rounder and give up the best player

Because Armia is a UFA with the potential to walk, and I don’t think he’s in Montreal’s plans for next season. Also because I’m asking the Flames to eat half of Bennett’s salary for the rest of the season.

Bennett is a proven playoff performer who can hit, score, and fight. Habs would then have two power forwards on separate lines, causing all kinds of problems for opposing defensemen.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Armia > Bennett
Why would Montreal add a 2nd rounder and give up the best player

Because Armia is a UFA with the potential to walk, and I don’t think he’s in Montreal’s plans for next season. Also because I’m asking the Flames to eat half of Bennett’s salary for the rest of the season.

Bennett is a proven playoff performer who can hit, score, and fight. Habs would then have two power forwards on separate lines, causing all kinds of problems for opposing defensemen.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
They’d be retaining for a month. I don’t see that being a major issue since the monies were allocated to be paid out anyway.

They wouldn't retain on Iggy when they traded him, so im 100% sure they won't retain on a lesser player for a player who makes roughly the same amount as he does and only recieving a 2nd, Calgary will buy out a player before retaining on their contract, up until they retain on a player in a trade, I'm sticking with the premise they've stated before, they will not pay a player to play for another team.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Don't see Habs trading Armia as he's built for playoffs and as for Mete Devils I believe he plays Left Side we are loaded there with our prospects we need to build up our Right Side on the team and in the system
Mete’s also 4 foot tall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad