Proposal: Habs and Flames, Habs and Devils

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Hi folks,

Couple moves I’d like to see the Habs make at the deadline.

First deal.

To Montreal: Sam Bennett (50% retained)

To Calgary: Joel Armia and a 2nd round pick.

Habs have a glut of right wingers and could use some help on the left side, while the Flames need a right winger with some size and hands. Bennett adds some snarl and depth for the playoffs while Armia can either be extended or flipped by the Flames for more assets.

Second Deal.

To Montreal: Sami Vatanen (50% retained)

To New Jersey: Victor Mete

Habs need a versatile puck moving defenseman that can help on special teams and Vatanen fits the bill. He can run a PP and is decent on the PK as well. Devils pick up a young cost controlled defenseman, for an upcoming UFA. Mete can fly and may flourish in a different system, and deserves a chance to develop.

Habs playoff lineup looks something like this:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Bennett - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Byron - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Vatanen

Price
Allen

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Hi folks,

First deal.

Habs have a glut of right wingers and could use some help on the left side, while the Flames need a right winger with some size and hands. Bennett adds some snarl and depth for the playoffs while Armia can either be extended or flipped by the Flames for more assets.

Second Deal.

Habs need a versatile puck moving defenseman that can help on special teams and Vatanen fits the bill. He can run a PP and is decent on the PK as well. Devils pick up a young cost controlled defenseman, for an upcoming UFA. Mete can fly and may flourish in a different system, and deserves a chance to develop.

Byron - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Vatanen

Price
Allen

Calgary's owners wont retain, they have stated it plenty of times, idk much about Armia but doesn't he cost the same as Bennett?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Both are good offers for all teams involved. As a Hab fan, I’m down with that.

Reactions: wildD

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
In what world is Armia worth a 2nd? Especially this season?

6'4 214 lbs skilled winger who is great at protecting the puck, solid defensively, can play anywhere in the lineup, and can score at a 15-20 goals and 35 pt pace. Which team would not want that? He's the kind of player that every playoff team would be interested in acquiring at the tdl.

Ledge And Dairy

6'4 214 lbs skilled winger who is great at protecting the puck, solid defensively, can play anywhere in the lineup, and can score at a 15-20 goals and 35 pt pace. Which team would not want that? He's the kind of player that every playoff team would be interested in acquiring at the tdl.
You skipped over a minor detail in that he's a pending UFA

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Armia is better than Bennett. I’d rather keep Armia and see what his contract demands are come the off-season as a UFA. Plus I would be very content with Poehling replacing Armia for next year. He will have to clear waivers and has 16 points in 21 games so far this season in Laval. Plus Poehling is much more cost effective than either Armia or Bennett.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Armia is better than Bennett. I’d rather keep Armia and see what his contract demands are come the off-season as a UFA. Plus I would be very content with Poehling replacing Armia for next year. He will have to clear waivers and has 16 points in 21 games so far this season in Laval. Plus Poehling is much more cost effective than either Armia or Bennett.
Poehling is RFA.
You should expext Bergevin to offer a 6y/3.5m contract.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Doubt any trades with the Habs be accepted.

Armia is a UFA and play has fallen to being regularly scratched. CGY is not retaining as they try to cut salaries.

Vatanen is a bust and expect a 50% reduction for a worse player? Mete can’t score or defend and definitely will never get PP opportunities with QHughes. He only played 10 games due to regularly being scratched.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Don't see Habs trading Armia as he's built for playoffs and as for Mete Devils I believe he plays Left Side we are loaded there with our prospects we need to build up our Right Side on the team and in the system

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Hi folks,

First deal.

Second Deal.

Byron - Staal - Perry

Romanov - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Vatanen

Price
Allen
Montreal won't be making these trades .

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
UFAs like Armia get 2nd round picks at the deadline all the time.

I don't think so this season... Expansion and the lack of buyers. It's going to be a buyer's market with players going for 4th and 5ths that would be traded for 2nds and 3rds in a normal year.

How many real buyers are this season? 4? 6 max? Half the league are sellers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad