Confirmed with Link: Habs acquire David Schlemko for 2019 5th rounder

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Solid depth move. 5-6 defenseman at a reasonable cost by the looks of it. Wont overly comment as i bet most of us barely paid attention to his career

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Good deal

He got Schlemko for a 5th and received a 3rd for Beaulieu

Not bad, after 5 years might be a little hope from Bargain bin

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Who even says Lernout is ready? Jerabek can be a 7th defenseman to transition to North America. No need to rush anybody.

No it's not. He's underrated, fills a need and is going to be a regular in our lineup. This isn't some depth 7th-defenseman acquisition. He's going to have a permanent spot in our defense group.

$2.1m for the next 3 years. Not bad.

We signed Jerabek 1 year at 26 year olds. whats the point for him to come in the NHL and be a 7th def?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
IIRC he's kind of like Gilbert in terms of physical tools. Personally, I didn't mind Gilbert but I know most people on this board hated him. I like this trade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last season, Schlemko amassed two goals and 18 points in 62 regular-season games with the San Jose Sharks, before chipping in with two goals and three points in six playoff outings.

Anyone have more on him?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He makes 2.1 a year until 2020, is that a fair contract? I haven't watched him enough, only when he plays the Habs

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Why protect Benn over beaulieu when you get a similar player in Benn afterwise?

Yea seriously wtf is that!!!

Omg we have an incompetent as president and as manager

Omg

We are trying to fill the hole left in the subban deal and now with emelin and bealieu that hole became a crater to fill. We trade 2 top 5 and we go out to get a player the sharks didn't want vegas didn't want. Omg

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
To Vegas:
A. Emelin
5th

To Montreal:
Schlemko
2M cap space
Keep Hudon, Davidson & DLR

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Lebrun says he's a good skater. Don't really know him that well

He's an excellent skater.

Good to hear. So he's basically another Benn type D that skates a bit better? Schlemko - Benn seems like a nice bottom pair. Now if we can just upgrade Jerabek/Davidson on the top 4 we should be set. I actually wouldn't mind going for

Markov - Weber
Davidson/Jerabek - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

If it means keeping Galchenyuk

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Decent player, great skater, good contract, and we gave up next to nothing to acquire him.

He will be perfect for the 3rd pairing with Benn, we still need a top 4 LHD though...

This eases some of the anxiety I was having looking at our D though.

As of now:

?-Weber
Markov-Petry
Schlemko-Benn
Davidson
Lernout

unknown: Jerabek

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We signed Jerabek 1 year at 26 year olds. whats the point for him to come in the NHL and be a 7th def?

So we just hand out spots because they decide to sign with us? You make it sound like all European/Russian signings immediately make the jump to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad