Injury Report: habby is on IR

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Ah, and as Deva(n) regresses back to where he belongs we will fall down in the standings.

Looks like a couple of other posters and myself are going to be right in predicting a lottery (bottom 5 finish).

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Ah, and as Deva(n) regresses back to where he belongs we will fall down in the standings.

Looks like my and a couple of other posters are going to be right in predicting a lottery (bottom 5 finish).

And what a bold prediction that was. :shakehead

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
And the season ain't over yet.

Well what you're saying is true but looking at the facts. We can't score and our goaltending is getting worse.

So unless we start to turn things around 5 on 5 we're going to keep losing. So I feel pretty comfortable with my prediction barring a trade at this point.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
BELIEVE IN DUBY.

I have $400 riding that you guys make the playoffs. GIVE HIM SOME LOVE.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Well what you're saying is true but looking at the facts. We can't score and our goaltending is getting worse.

So unless we start to turn things around 5 on 5 we're going to keep losing. So I feel pretty comfortable with my prediction barring a trade at this point.

Well, I'm confident the Oilers can get league average goaltending from Dubnyk and that their ES shooting percentage won't stay terrible forever. But the margin between bubble team and lottery squad isn't a huge one.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I think the bigger deal is Khabibulin is our starter than Khabibulin is injured.

He's played well, point taken. But oh my god you weren't expecting that he'd stay there forever... Dubnyk's played well.

My point is that the Oilers do not think enough of DD to really make him the starter and thus succumbed to the temptation of Habby.

16th Feb DD pulled for Habby
19th Habby
21st DD
23rd Habby
25th Habby

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Lowe,Mac T and Tambellini are having lots of fun playing musical roster.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
My point is that the Oilers do not think enough of DD to really make him the starter and thus succumbed to the temptation of Habby.

16th Feb DD pulled for Habby
19th Habby
21st DD
23rd Habby
25th Habby

Probably because DD had two bad starts in a row and Khabby has looked decent. They want to challenge for a playoff spot so you have to stick with whoever is hot.

Apparently Dubnyk plays better when there's no backup pushing him... hopefully he picks his game back up here.

mkwong268

Dec 30, 2011
From Oiler's twitter:
Coach Krueger says Khabibulin tweaked his groin on the last penalty shot vs. PHX and then again in overtime vs. CHI
"He could return on this trip." - Krueger on Khabibulin, who will return to #yeg for an MRI; Dubnyk to start tomorrow vs. Dallas

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Realistically Dubnyk probably was going to play the next 4 anyway. Bulin could be back after that.

No he wasn't. The Oilers next two games are back to back. Hopefully Bulin is back for one of the next back to backs on the 7th and 8th.

This will give Dubnyk the chance to show he has earned the starting job by the trade deadline. If not, hopefully management does something.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Our new starter is injured that is a big deal.

New starter? You mean the guy who has 2 wins in his last 22 starts :help:

Lol:laugh:

There isnt enough room on this board to list all the bad goals Dubnyk has let in this year or his flaws/mistakes he has made.

I get that you dont like Khabibulin but man, keep it real.

Man, I thought Khabby let in bad goals against col, phx, bad rebound that led to a goal against la and chicago but regardless, he has been very solid. Tho, I really don't see how ppl can come to the conclussion that he offers more than dubey in net.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No he wasn't. The Oilers next two games are back to back. Hopefully Bulin is back for one of the next back to backs on the 7th and 8th.

This will give Dubnyk the chance to show he has earned the starting job by the trade deadline. If not, hopefully management does something.

DD played back to backs earlier in the year. With a week off I'd hope it wouldn't put a strain on him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Huh?

Not sure what games you were watching........

His numbers weren't bad but he was really shaky in the last couple of games even though he was making a lot of saves. He got bailed out by a ton of lucky bounces and in particular, the Chicago game when the puck was bouncing all over the place when they were in prime position to cash in on juicy rebounds.
With that being said, relying on Dubnyk to carry the full load makes me feel uneasy. Bishop would look damn good here now, wouldn't he? He probably could have been had for one of the 2nd rounders. It was a mistake on Tambo's part to depend on Khabby to stay healthy and for Dubnyk to take the #1 role and run with it (although he has looked like a #1 at times).

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Anyone saying that we can finish higher than we are right now... We have 3 regulation wins in 18 games and Dubnyk is now our only goalie

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Probably because DD had two bad starts in a row and Khabby has looked decent. They want to challenge for a playoff spot so you have to stick with whoever is hot.

Apparently Dubnyk plays better when there's no backup pushing him... hopefully he picks his game back up here.

I've noticed this too, not a good sign imo but probably too early to tell

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
There have been indications that Tambo had nothing to do with this signing.

Really, that was his first big splash as GM. Are you suggesting that the reach of KLowe extends beyond his role as President Hockey Operations or perhaps this was Joey's signing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad