Injury Report: habby is on IR

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really, that was his first big splash as GM. Are you suggesting that the reach of KLowe extends beyond his role as President Hockey Operations or perhaps this was Joey's signing?

Gregor has said for quite some time he doesn't think it was ST's signing. Lowe himself admitted that he has the ultimate say in everything last year, so no It wouldn't shock me.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
As long as he's somehow back before the deadline and gets in one awesome game. 35 save shutout in a 3-0 victory. Then Edmonton may still benefit from him. Get something for the past 4 years...

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Gregor has said for quite some time he doesn't think it was ST's signing. Lowe himself admitted that he has the ultimate say in everything last year, so no It wouldn't shock me.

It certainly jives with Lowe's mindset at the time (whale hunting).

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth

That's the problem with KLowe's nefarious web of who is the real GM. It provides the perfect cover for when there are so many failures; such as this one.

Funny, when Khabi was signed, I recall their were so many younger and just as competant options, such as Biron. The two or three other options at the time, all signed for about half of what Khabi signed here for. So not only did we select the worst option, but we paid twice as much for him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oh Lord this board is hilarious.

"Khabby was our starter because he started the last two games now we're a lottery team!!!!11111"

In case people haven't been paying attention, the goaltending has been fine with both goalies this year. It's the forwards and defense that need to pick it up.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I agree with that. The Heatley chasing and Khabibulin signing had Lowe's grimy fingerprints all over it. I believe that Tambellini started calling the shots during the trade deadline of the '09-'10 season.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Khabby has been solid... 93.5% sv pct in 5 games. Don't know what more people could want in a backup role.

I think Dubnyk is at his best when he plays a lot of hockey and obviously Khabby is being held together with spit and hope... but when he's used VERY sparingly he's a decent backup... like once in 8-10 games.

You could honestly see this coming once they started playing him in too many games in a short stretch.

Dubnyk needs to have a huge workload to play at his best and Khabby needs to be treated like the eggshell that he is in order to be competent in a backup up role and retain any possible trade value (which he won't have if he's on the IR). To me that's obvious and I have to question why Krueger isn't using his goalies to their strengths recently.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's the problem with KLowe's nefarious web of who is the real GM. It provides the perfect cover for when there are so many failures; such as this one.

Funny, when Khabi was signed, I recall their were so many younger and just as competant options, such as Biron. The two or three other options at the time, all signed for about half of what Khabi signed here for. So not only did we select the worst option, but we paid twice as much for him.

Keep in mind Biron priced himself out of the market early and signed late. We probably wouldn't have been better with Biron and the 5x5 he wanted.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Keep in mind Biron priced himself out of the market early and signed late. We probably wouldn't have been better with Biron and the 5x5 he wanted.

Wow, that's a brutal thought. Having Biron here next year at 5 million.

Biron may not have had us in such an awful position though, so we may not even have 3 first overalls.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Yea i just ran the numbers.

He has a .9238 after the first 5 games last year. Which was well above his career average.

Then last year after 14 games (same amount of games as this year)

He goes down to 0.8995. Which was well below his career average.

If anything I should take from this is that dubnyk is probably only going to get slightly worse then what we have now.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

He has a .9238 after the first 5 games last year. Which was well above his career average.

If anything I should take from this is that dubnyk is probably only going to get slightly worse then what we have now.

That sounds more plausible for sure. I'd expect him to be around .918 - .925 TBH by the time the season ends. That would be an average starter in the league to an above average starter...exactly what i expect from Dubie.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
khabi was *not* looking solid, not at all... he was pretty terrible in the last 2 games in fact.... don't want the guy to be injured or anything, hope he is okay, but it's not like it will be a huge loss or anything

I do not understand what games you have been watching.

It is very funny how about one in ten people (those blind or grossly incapable of objectively criticing goaltenders) say Habbi is playing bad.

Habi has played extremly well both this year and last year on average. The games he loses are typicaly one goal games with a nice low GA. He rarely lets in a bad goal. He is undoubtably a decent NHL level starter night in and night out. There is a reason the coaches put him in again and again over Dub... and it is not to purposely tank. It is because Habi is simply a better goalie than Dub so far.

I see Dubs play this year and portions of last year challenging Habi and I am hopeful he proves consistant enough to finally outshine Habi.

As a coach you have to play the best goal tender. And from everything I have seen the last couple years that has been unquestionably Habi.

Anyone saying otherwise... the proof is in the pudding... or starts. And no matter how much you post on HFboards I believe true NHL coaches have proven otherwise.

actionjackson

Jun 22, 2010
BELIEVE IN DUBY.

I have $400 riding that you guys make the playoffs. GIVE HIM SOME LOVE.

I have $200 riding on Dubnyk finishing the year with a higher save % than Kipper...things couldn't have been going better...until today!!!

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

Did you run the numbers this year?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Did you run the numbers this year?

Clearly you think progress is possible for one of our players....

20921.jpg

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
The incompetence of this organization is hilarious. From Katz all the way down to Krueger. They should of traded Khabbi before the Chicago game. haha

Krueger? Why Krueger? He has...what, a third of the season under his belt and you're giving up on him? What did he do? Not choose lines the way you would like?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad