Injury Report: habby is on IR

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
khabi was *not* looking solid, not at all... he was pretty terrible in the last 2 games in fact.... don't want the guy to be injured or anything, hope he is okay, but it's not like it will be a huge loss or anything

Well I didn't think he was terrible at all the thing with dd is he seems to let in these untimely bad goals quite often

It's a loss because now dubnyk will play 3 games in 4 nights and maybe even 6 games in 9 days unless we start our AHL goalie

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Another great signing by Tambo, 4 years of this clow for $3.75 million. Honestly, the guy didn't earn 1 tenth of his contract.

<mod edit>

There have been indications that Tambo had nothing to do with this signing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
How is he hurt already?

khabi was *not* looking solid, not at all... he was pretty terrible in the last 2 games in fact.... don't want the guy to be injured or anything, hope he is okay, but it's not like it will be a huge loss or anything

I thought he did good, we got 3/4 points without Hall in the lineup with Khabi in net.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
There have been indications that Tambo had nothing to do with this signing.

LOL, this team and some of it's fans are just experts at the shell game. No one is ever to blame for any of the legion of horrible moves over time. It is always 'the other guy' and thus none of them take the heat.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
LOL, this team and some of it's fans are just experts at the shell game. No one is ever to blame for any of the legion of horrible moves over time. It is always 'the other guy' and thus none of them take the heat.

Lol, at people making a big deal over a 40 year old backup going on the IR.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Oh no, our 40 year old back up is hurt, we're destined for 1st overall again...

Come on guys, yeah he's been good in the last few games but he starts every season like that, and every single year he regresses by the 2nd or 3rd month anyways. Dubey was rock solid to start the year, and has still be playing well enough in recent games. If anything his slight (key word slight) dip over the last few weeks would have more to do with the fact that the whole team has struggled and maybe because he had been facing more shots than anyone else in the league at the time.

Don't get you panties in a knot over this, if you're going to be paranoid about something go worry about the team in front of him.

Harley

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Principe saying it may be a concussion from the shot he took in the noggin last game. Makes sense if true. Was a pretty direct shot. At the time I thought I could see a bubble already swelling on his forehead when he had his mask off.

Worst time to go down. This road trip is where we need two goalies. You're up Dannis. Show em what you can do.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Principe saying it may be a concussion from the shot he took in the noggin last game. Makes sense if true. Was a pretty direct shot. At the time I thought I could see a bubble already swelling on his forehead when he had his mask off.

Worst time to go down. This road trip is where we need two goalies. You're up Dannis. Show em what you can do.

Realistically Dubnyk probably was going to play the next 4 anyway. Bulin could be back after that.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Huh?

Not sure what games you were watching........

i was watching the games where he lost the puck in his feet and during scrums over and over again, where he was painfully slow to his posts and where he had very poor rebound control... can't see how anybody would ever say that he played good his past 2 games... he played fine in his other games though, to be fair

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Don't we have back to backers up next? May be Dubnyk both ends now but I bet Krueger would have split the two with Khabi on board.

Dubnyk hasn't played in a week. I'm sure he could handle back to backs again.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Lol, at people making a big deal over a 40 year old backup going on the IR.

Backup? You mean starter don't you? The Oilers have treated Habby like a starter or at worst a 50/50 tender the last few weeks. No reason to give him as many starts if they really thought Dubby could carry the load.

All of our moves are 'no big deal' it seems. Not in my world. Every move a team makes can have an affect on something else on the team and every bad move is like a minus to a balance sheet much like every good move is a plus.

The Oilers in general and some fans (I'm not pointing this at you.) want to look at all the pluses and ignore all the minuses.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Realistically Dubnyk probably was going to play the next 4 anyway. Bulin could be back after that.

Convenient comment but really no indication at all that this was the case seeing as how much habby has been used lately.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Convenient comment but really no indication at all that this was the case seeing as how much habby has been used lately.

Still think it had more to do with him playing his former teams then him being our new starter.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Backup? You mean starter don't you? The Oilers have treated Habby like a starter or at worst a 50/50 tender the last few weeks. No reason to give him as many starts if they really thought Dubby could carry the load.

Perhaps they felt he had a hot hand or maybe they wanted to rest Dubnyk for the road trip. Lots of possibilities. Regardless, Dubnyk is probably the superior option.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Our new starter is injured that is a big deal.

I think the bigger deal is Khabibulin is our starter than Khabibulin is injured.

He's played well, point taken. But oh my god you weren't expecting that he'd stay there forever... Dubnyk's played well.

Oct 15, 2008
i was watching the games where he lost the puck in his feet and during scrums over and over again, where he was painfully slow to his posts and where he had very poor rebound control... can't see how anybody would ever say that he played good his past 2 games... he played fine in his other games though, to be fair

Lol:laugh:

There isnt enough room on this board to list all the bad goals Dubnyk has let in this year or his flaws/mistakes he has made.

I get that you dont like Khabibulin but man, keep it real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad