Gymnastics

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
But she has done her vault tho... Legend! Who retired BEFORE these Olympics was fans' favourite Aliya Mustafina.

Question is: will Simone Biles win all her events?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
But she has done her vault tho... Legend! Who retired BEFORE these Olympics was fans' favourite Aliya Mustafina.

I don't think so. She looked very shaky today and isn't the favourite to win the uneven bars.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Shocking day from Biles and Chiles. Chiles was the only US gymnast this year to hit every single routine over all competitions (not even Biles can say that; while she puts up huge scores on Vault and Floor, she has been inconsistent this year on Beam even to the point of tears); Chiles really blew it today.

Biles has not looked at all herself the last 8 events she has done. the last day of the olympic trials, Suni Lee beat her (which was the first time anybody won a day from Simone in like 8-years) and Suni would have beaten her again today if she didn't do her watered floor/bars routine. This Simone is human and is beatable

Americans have been hit in the mouth for the first time in a decade lets see how they respond to adversity

She should win Vault and Floor easily.
Beam, anything can happen, but she is the favorite.

She is lucky to have qualified for bars; she's not a very good bar worker and she would need a lot to happen to even get a bronze medal on bars. She would need to have the bar routine of her life + like 5 other girls to flat out fall. It's Derwael or Suni Lee's to lose; gold for Simone on bars is 99% out of the question

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

By fans favourite, do you mean me? :laugh:

I haven't really followed it at all since Rio, I only recognise a few names like Biles and Melnikova and a few of the others from smaller countries who've been around forever (nice to see Elizabeth Seitz still making the bars finals and Larisa Iordache on the beam). Big controversy for team GB was selecting the Gadirova twins over the experienced Downie sisters.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Shocking day from Biles and Chiles. Chiles was the only US gymnast this year to hit every single routine over all competitions (not even Biles can say that; while she puts up huge scores on Vault and Floor, she has been inconsistent this year on Beam even to the point of tears); Chiles really blew it today.

Biles has not looked at all herself the last 8 events she has done. the last day of the olympic trials, Suni Lee beat her (which was the first time anybody won a day from Simone in like 8-years) and Suni would have beaten her again today if she didn't do her watered floor/bars routine. This Simone is human and is beatable

Americans have been hit in the mouth for the first time in a decade lets see how they respond to adversity

She is lucky to have qualified for bars; she's not a very good bar worker and she would need a lot to happen to even get a bronze medal on bars. She would need to have the bar routine of her life + like 5 other girls to flat out fall. It's Derwael or Suni Lee's to lose; gold for Simone on bars is 99% out of the question

I see people saying the US is fine because even with Chiles bad day they barely finished behind Russia...well, that was because Jade had the performance of a lifetime. She is not in the team event in 2 days so if Chiles does not turn this around, yeah they will get bronze or silver

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy

In fact I said "her events" and not "all events" because I know she isn't as fantastic in the UB as she is in the rest. As for me, I'll follow mainly Larisa Iordache in the beam final, though her landing and subsequent limping scares me because she has had an odyssey with her Achilles' tendon (I know better...).
Also, Vanessa Ferrari, another injury prone gymnasts, deserves a medal, any medal, after being somewhat robbed before.

By fans favourite, do you mean me? :laugh:

:D
Cool to find some old chaps for these particular events, I knew you'd pop up sooner or later :laugh:

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh

Guess Biles shouldn’t have bedazzled GOATs on all her leotards...she put the pressure on herself...

amosmoses

Aug 26, 2018
I see people saying the US is fine because even with Chiles bad day they barely finished behind Russia...well, that was because Jade had the performance of a lifetime. She is not in the team event in 2 days so if Chiles does not turn this around, yeah they will get bronze or silver

You’re correct that Jade is not in the team event, but incorrect in stating that her performance of a lifetime is what kept US just below Russia. Jade’s scores did not factor in the team qualification scores.

Had Jordan posted her normal 14 on beam, rather than 11.5, US would have topped Russia by about a point and a half.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Of course we all know what happens when someone is hyped so much you're led to believe that all that they need to do to win the gold is to simply turn up

7c6103215dccbba79273a01bc65c035c_square_fullsize..0.1534439018.jpeg

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
After I saw that I said, “She better not blow it in the Olympics!” Then she wasn’t her usual self yesterday...I think her ego got too big!
She was indeed very beatable yesterday. To me, she still needs some Olympic medals to earn that goat. ^^

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
After I saw that I said, “She better not blow it in the Olympics!” Then she wasn’t her usual self yesterday...I think her ego got too big!

I've followed her on twitter for quite awhile, she has struggled a lot in the past years with the Nassar scandal, pressure, motivation and such. I still think she will do well in these Olympics, but it's not like she has much to prove after being a dominant figure for so long and being also rather "old" for gymnastics standards (not considering the ageless Chusovitina!).
I hope the Italy will do well today in the team's competition, but a medal seems an utopy.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Biles just f***ed up her vault. She didn't even do the Amanar. USA really needed her vault score. She was expected to get a 15+ and only get a 13.766

Yeah Biles/USA might be in big trouble here

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
USA will be 3 points back after the first 2 rotations. Still could easily win it because on a normal day they'll destroy ROC in beam and floor. But man was that a bad start

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Vault is where USA is supposed to build their lead and get their money, so to speak.
the team looks shook. they have got to get it together.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Biles has been pulled from the rest of the finals. oh no.
USA needs a miracle.

If America pulls this off, a new legend will be born in the form of Suni, Chiles or McCallum.

Last edited:

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Biles apparently isn't injured; she is pulled because it is "mental related"
if this is true GOAT status revoked you cannot quit on your team in the Olympic Final
You cannot run away at the first time you face adversity.

EDIT: Russia fell on beam; they're letting USA back in it

Last edited:
Reactions: Filppula

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
According to USA Gymnastics it is a medical issue. Simone would never quit on her team.
USA broadcast said it was "mental related" whatever that means. could be anything
we will see

wonder if she's done for the entire games?

EDIT Russia is letting it slip. typical Russia

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Suni Lee has saved this team. Give this girl all the credit she deserves
Chiles is vibing. She's feeling it today

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated: