Confirmed with Link: Guy Boucher 2: The Guy-quel

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Brad Shaw not gonna be back in STL. A key candidate to join boucher and Crawford.
Former sens captain who coach in STL for 9 years now.. id welcome him with open arms!thatd be one strong staff!!

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Brad Shaw not gonna be back in STL. A key candidate to join boucher and Crawford.
Former sens captain who coach in STL for 9 years now.. id welcome him with open arms!thatd be one strong staff!!

Or, maybe head coach in Bingo? Seems unlikely that he'd move from assistant in St. Louis to assistant in Ottawa, especially considering in both scenarios their appears to be an heir apparent ahead of him.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Or, maybe head coach in Bingo? Seems unlikely that he'd move from assistant in St. Louis to assistant in Ottawa, especially considering in both scenarios their appears to be an heir apparent ahead of him.

Apparently the only reason he rejected to stay in STL is because they woudnt offer a multi year deal so who knows

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I have a funny feeling that this team will see at least the 2nd round of the playoffs as early as next season with the new management/coaching staff, player maturity, and (knock on wood) full seasons from Phaneuf and MacArthur (and all the other key players).

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I have a funny feeling that this team will see at least the 2nd round of the playoffs as early as next season with the new management/coaching staff, player maturity, and (knock on wood) full seasons from Phaneuf and MacArthur (and all the other key players).

Hopefully. I don't know how much longer I can watch the Sens go no where. I need some meaningful hockey or Im just gonna be too bored of the team to care. Last season I had to push myself to watch games; didn't bother watching about 17 games.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Especially considering that we would have made the playoffs this year if we had average special teams. I don't think that's too much to ask.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Play Hoffman all the time in the top 6, and a whole bunch of motherhood statements. "Better PP and Defence" Veerryy deeeepp.

"You should win hockey games. Studies have shown that winning hockey games has a very high correlation with how well a team does in any given season"

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
hahaha you guys made me chuckle

Agreed on Bonk's winning argument. We should start a petition called "win games is important for success" so Boucher could read it :sarcasm:

Play Hoffman all the time in the top 6, and a whole bunch of motherhood statements. "Better PP and Defence" Veerryy deeeepp.

You know, this is the type of stuff that makes me question the level of "game understanding" for some fans, or even just "facts understanding", i.e. intelligence... How many times do we have to read that Hoffman doesn't play enough, etc?

Mike Hoffman had the second HIGHEST TOI/G last season for Sens Wingers, only behind Mark Stone who is pretty much Elite IMO. Only Turris and Zibanejad (both top-6 centers) had more TOI/G as well. 4th forward on the team. Not bad for a 2nd year sophomore...

He was 104th in TOI/G among all NHL forwards and 26th among LW

What does it screams to you? Easy : 1st line forward.

And some people continue with their stupid vendetta for nothing. Can we change the disc? Can we evolve a bit?

Like this blogger...
play Mike Hoffman the amount he deserves (....) I hope his days in the bottom six are over for good

Is it for real?

Last edited:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
"You should win hockey games. Studies have shown that winning hockey games has a very high correlation with how well a team does in any given season"

I do wish they'd fix the points for a win vs OT win., even if that means developing a 3 point system

3 Regulation Win
2 OT Win
1 OT Lose

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Anyway - some actual news:

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The "17 year rebuild" might be a hard sell to a fanbase. :laugh:

Anyway - some actual news:

Brathwaite is not only an Ottawa native, he went to my high school, Sir Robert Borden H.S... Go Bengals!

I know he was Hockey Canada's goalie coach for a while... not sure what else he has done at the NHL level, though. He's only 43, so still relatively young for a player-turned-coach who only stopped playing professionally 4 years ago.

Here's a nice little article on Brathwaite.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I wonder how much stock the teams puts in having dealt with Anderson before

I mean, I love Andy but he's gotta be near the end of his prime unfortunately; I wouldn't put an emphasis on having worked with him before unless I have big, big plans for next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad