Confirmed with Link: Gustav Nyquist for a 2023 5th

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nyquist is getting better, game by game. Even though he was scoring early on, i thought he looked rusty.

I would definitely consider moving Zucc, and keeping Nyquist and MJo.

Reactions: TaLoN and Sweetnut

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They are not letting Fleury go.
Yeah, the only way Fleury comes off the books is if he retires. Billy ain't moving him. MAF said several times how all the moving (Vegas/Chicago/Minnesota) in such a short period of time was difficult for the family. So I'm sure BG sold him last summer a promise of not moving him, and he probably wants Fleury to mentor Gus a bit. I can see his plan that he probably set in stone of running with the same two guys next year, and then Wallstedt comes up the following year to learn from Gus.

Don't rush Wally.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I almost forgot Nyqvist had a shot in the beginning of the game that went off the post

7dayBender

Jun 4, 2021
SW Minnesota
He loves it here, he loves his teammates, his teammates love him... he's made good money through his career here. I could see him staying for $2.5-$3m.
That would be ideal, but still would need to move a significant amount of salary via trade/LTIR, unfortunately. It will be an interesting offseason again,

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I say figure out how to dump some dead weight and offer him 3.5x2 with a promise to make up for it when the dead shitbag money is done.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
If we traded Zuccarello for no salary coming back, we'd be at ~$4M average per player for:
Zuccarello replacement (1RW)
Johansson (2LW)
Nyquist (3RW)
Dumba (3RD)
Gustavsson (1G)

That's with a $1M buffer to an $83.5M cap.

See we could basically offer those 4 names $4M per year each over however many years makes sense, and still have ~$4M to find another top6/top 9 forward.
We also "have to" sign Duhamie, etc.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If we traded Zuccarello for no salary coming back, we'd be at ~$4M average per player for:
Zuccarello replacement (1RW)
Johansson (2LW)
Nyquist (3RW)
Dumba (3RD)
Gustavsson (1G)

That's with a $1M buffer to an $83.5M cap.

See we could basically offer those 4 names $4M per year each over however many years makes sense, and still have ~$4M to find another top6/top 9 forward.

Done , talk Zucc into retiring and give him the PP coach job and talk Flower into retiring and give him the goalie coach job lol

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yep. Dropped the average down to $2.5M per player.
This isn't actually that far out of line with what the acquired are currently making.

Nyquist - 2.75
Johansson - 1.1M

Out of curiosity, I averaged out current salaries:
(Nyquist - 2.75) + (Johansson - 1.1) + (Dumba - 6) + (Gustavsson - .788) / 4

=

Roughly 2.7M/player

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This isn't actually that far out of line with what the acquired are currently making.

Nyquist - 2.75
Johansson - 1.1M

Out of curiosity, I averaged out current salaries:
(Nyquist - 2.75) + (Johansson - 1.1) + (Dumba - 6) + (Gustavsson - .788) / 4

=

Roughly 2.7M/player
Yeah, and that's with Fleury and Goligoski still on roster. Figure out something with them and it opens back up a bit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He loves it here, he loves his teammates, his teammates love him... he's made good money through his career here. I could see him staying for $2.5-$3m.
He could easily get a 5x5M offer. He might love it here, but if it’s gonna cost him 10M? He hasn’t made that much money. His next contract is likely the best one he is going to get, going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad