Player Discussion Gustav Lindstrom

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Seeing as how the pairings were last night, unfortunately I think it's the latter.

I find it funny that Hagg still hasn't played a game for us. So it'll be either him or Lindstrom.
I agree. The defense worked really well last night so there would be no reason to change them up unless we couldn't do them.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
So if Mintyukov is out tomorrow, do we see Lindstrom or Hagg?

Fowler - Gudas
LaCombe - Lyubushkin
Vaaks - Lindstrom

Vaaks - Fowler
LaCombe - Gudas
Lindstrom - Lyubushkin

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
@duxfan1101 prepare to not be surprised!
burn-the-witch-monty-python.gif

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lindstrom has quietly turned into a nice surprise. In nine games with Anaheim, he's got a +6 rating. Since his promotion to the top pairing role with Fowler for the past three games, the 25 year old has scored 0g +1a = 1 pt and earned a +3 rating. He has never recorded a negative rating in the nine games with the Ducks thus far... which is really impressive.

Something in him has clicked for the better. Granted it's a small sample, but we have the rest of the season to increase that sample size. Maybe he can help soften the blow if or when we trade away Lyubushkin at the TDL.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Not a bad pickup, even if playing with Fowler probably isn't going to be a sustainable pairing.

Mind you, wouldn't be the first time Fowler's somehow managed to make it work with a waiver-level partner, so who knows, Lindstrom could be the next Lovejoy.

Lindstrom's processing is faster than LaCombe's processing, which can be seen with Lindstrom getting rid of the puck faster on the defensive end and his ability to come down low on offense without hesitation. It didn't look like that when we first acquired Lindstrom, but he's coming onto his own now and the coaches are trusting him more. If you don't focus on him, then you wouldn't know he played on the ice - which is a good thing for a defensemen on a Ducks' team.

Oddest thing is his CF% (SAT%) is the lowest on the team at 35.3% (this means bad), but he's a +6. Maybe it's skewed from his earlier starts and we have such a small sample of nine games? Or maybe the shot against aren't as dangerous as the volume increases? Lundy has a low CF% too and he's a +3 in 19 games. Good thing is we'll have more games to see how this develops.

LaCombe's a rookie and still adapting, but I didn't know that this is Lindstrom's fifth season as an NA pro (NHL and AHL). LaCombe, a 2019 draftee, is two years younger than Lindstrom, a 2017 draftee. Both are high second round picks. We are Lindstrom's third team. Maybe the Ducks could be the recipient of a player blossoming once they are on their third team like Wild Bill (Karlsson) and Monty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad