Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Lindstrom Placed on Waivers (Claimed by Anaheim)

Jul 6, 2016
No suprise that Lindstrom was picked. Good for him. He showed that he was NHL caliber enough. Anaheim just lost Drysdale and needed some help on the right side. I would had prefer a trade and get some pick in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No suprise that Lindstrom was picked. Good for him. He showed that he was NHL caliber enough. Anaheim just lots Drysdale and needed some help on the right side. I would had prefer a trade and get some pick in return.

Would have prefer a pick too, I'm sure they tried but to get a pick, they needed him to play, he hasn't play since Dec 9th....and to give him ice time, one kid in development needed to sit which is kind of counter productive, especially with the ton of kids pushing and demanding ice-time.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Yes but they were saying on here Ducks don't need Defensemen in a trade for Zegras then they claim Lindstrom on waivers.lol

Luneau is still out with an infection/injury, Lacombe they'll probably send back to the AHL as he needs more time, and there's a rumor that Mintyukov might miss a couple of games.

Anaheim still has great prospects on defense, but circumstances mean that they needed a warm body to fill-in on the right side for a while.

Lindstrom just happened to fit their needs and cost nothing to acquire except falling back on the waiver wire list. It was a logical move, and no-brainer for them all things considered.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And lose 5-goal Kovacevic? You really want to lose that kind of offence?
You say that sarcastically, but when you look at our forwards goal numbers, it's really not funny.

I'd rather we just get rid of our trashcan coach, but I don't see that happening until the rebuild is over and he botches that horribly.

Reactions: vokiel

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Anaheims d are simply overrated. Four of their can't miss top pairing d can't crack their near worst in the league roster.

Helleson in particular doesn't look like he's going to be an NHLer anymore.

Luneau is injured but still good.

Zellweger is still a good prospect.

Hinds doesn't look to be anything special.

Outside of that warren was an awful pick. Lacombe is a filler. Thrun didn't sign with them.

Of all their d picks only Mintyukov is panning out to be a potential top pairing guy. I think they need a good young dman more than their fans think. Even Harris is outperforming every young d in their organization except Minty. I would not be surprised to see them take a top d in the draft.

Xhekaj is outperforming every one of their AHL d in pace, minutes and impact and is fairly low on our depth chart at this point. Even outside of the pro ranks Hutson, Konyushkov and Engstrom are outperforming every one of their unsigned guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Struble the King Evictor, confirmed.

He not only causes Lidstrom to get jettisoned, but also manages to force management’s hand, by inciting them to keep Arber in the AHL (not completely by himself but Struble is a significant contributory factor).

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's the very definition of a '' can give you league average third pairing minutes '' filler type. Not surprised somebody took him to have a warm body around. We have way too many young dmen who need to play to have any real use for a guy like that.
This completely
Didn't have anything against him but

People are on the way lol

Reactions: Tyson

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I doubt this organization decides to roll with Kovacevic and Barron as our most experienced RD.
Most people think Savard is a next year move.
If someone dangles a first who knows but I'm skeptical that will happen.
Even next year... Kovacevic ain't bad, but he ain't it. Barron is still a wild guess any time he needs to play in his side of the red line... Reinbacher most likely needs AHL time. Mailloux's not ready.

I could be tempted to resign him for another year or two if he's not asking for too much money. We need a veteran that can kill penalties and be stable, either him or another guy.
I think Kovasevic has become the #7 D.
His potential on a good team is #7 at best for sure. #8 ideally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad