Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Lindstrom Placed on Waivers (Claimed by Anaheim)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd be willing to bet Anaheim deals him at the trade deadline.

I think we just lost a late round draft pick. But such is life.

At most he gets a 7th, and we already have 3 of those this year. I expect they keep him to finish the season, and send a couple of their young players down.

He'll be back on waivers next training camp.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So now all that's left from the Petry to DET trade is the 2025 4th round pick and the 50% retention this year and next year.
I think it's more like

Hoffman+Pitlick+Petry retention
in return of
2nd+3rd+4th+Pearson

We had to take Petry for the Karlsson trade to work and then we had to trade him. Pearsson is probably worth a 4th round pick if he is healthy. Nobody gives a flying **** about Hoffman and Pitlick. Getting a 2nd and a 3rd for retaining money on Petry's contract is good imo.

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd be willing to bet Anaheim deals him at the trade deadline.

I think we just lost a late round draft pick. But such is life.

So would Lindstrom have been! Ducks just claimed a free late roun pick at the TDL, imo.
I think Hughes was holding out hope that he clears to help Laval who have many injuries rather than get a 7th.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chances are if we shopped him long enough we could have gotten a late round pick but we already have so many that I'm sure just giving him an opportunity elsewhere or having him in Laval would be preferred.

Reactions: skidcells

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think it's more like

in return of
2nd+3rd+4th+Pearson

We had to take Petry for the Karlsson trade to work and then we had to trade him. Pearsson is probably worth a 4th round pick if he is healthy. Nobody gives a flying **** about Hoffman and Pitlick. Getting a 2nd and a 3rd for retaining money on Petry's contract is good imo.

I was talking about the Detroit trade specifically since it's the one Lindstrom came to Montreal in.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think it's more like

in return of
2nd+3rd+4th+Pearson

Pearson had negative value going into the season, imo. And I don't think now that he'll actually get us much at the TDL.

Even worse, I don't like that Pearson took away playing time from Ylonen, RHP, and Heineman all season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pearson had negative value going into the season, imo. And I don't think now that he'll actually get us much at the TDL.

Even worse, I don't like that Pearson took away playing time from Ylonen, RHP, and Heineman all season.
I think if Pearson is healthy a team will bite the bullet for a 4th or 5th. I mean Marc Bergevin gave a 4th (conditional 3rd in fact but the conditions were not met) for Dwight "can't skate anymore" King. There's still marc Bergevin in this league and Pearson is playing "the white way" to paraphrase Darren Pang.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think if Pearson is healthy a team will bit the bullet for a 4th or 5th. I mean Marc Bergevin gave a 4th (conditional 3rd in fact but the condition were not met) for Dwight "can't skate anymore" King. There's still marc Bergevin in this league and Pearson is playing "the white way" to paraphrase Darren Pang.
We'll see. Every trade deadline is different. GM's get real excited about adding depth. I would have to think he could at least get a 6th or a 7th.

He seems like a good dude. But I can't wait until he's gone. I've been really bumed about Ylonen, Heineman, and RHP losing ice time to him.

Reactions: Habs13 and LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We'll see. Every trade deadline is different. GM's get real excited about adding depth. I would have to think he could at least get a 6th or a 7th.

He seems like a good dude. But I can't wait until he's gone. I've been really bumed about Ylonen, Heineman, and RHP losing ice time to him.
I agree but can we take a moment to appreciate how Marc Bergevin gave a conditional 3rd for over the hill and down the swamp Dwight King. I always thought it was a 4th but just learned while searching that it was a actually a conditional 3rd if we won two rounds of playoffs. Overpayment would be the understatement of the year.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree but can we take a moment to appreciate how Marc Bergevin gave a conditional 3rd for over the hill and down the swamp Dwight King. I always thought it was a 4th but just learned while searching that it was a actually a conditional 3rd if we won two rounds of playoffs. Overpayment would be the understatement of the year.
Different type of player, but Garth Snow gave a 3rd round pick for Dman Brandon Davidson.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen much of Pearson but with his injury I wouldn't expect too much. I wonder what the Habs plan even is, since it's not like they need any more 3rd round or later picks since they already have 16 of them in the next 2 years and have made a ton of picks the past few drafts.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't seen much of Pearson but with his injury I wouldn't expect too much. I wonder what the Habs plan even is, since it's not like they need any more 3rd round or later picks since they already have 16 of them in the next 2 years and have made a ton of picks the past few drafts.
Could always keep adding picks for future drafts and/or getting picks for the upcoming drafts and then flipping them for picks in drafts further in the future.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad